Stewart's Creek

Croach

It will be interesting to see how competitive they are the first year since the rising juniors and seniors at the four affected high schools (Riverdale, Blackman, Smyrna, and Lavergne) can opt to stay at their current school. I don't see a lot of upperclassmen starters for Riverdale or Blackman moving to the new school. Maybe some from the other two. They have until March 1st to make their choice so the roster will be set for spring practice.

I'm not sure Riverdale will lose any to SC. However they may lose some to Blackman as a result of rezoning. Blackman will lose a few in my opinion. I don't think that will include many if any starters. Not sure what Smyrner or Lavergne has to lose.

Edited by mykidsdad

If you have the athletes and can coach it doesn't matter if its 1a or 5a. Its about having a system you believe in and sticking to it. That's what Martin he done and thats why he will be successful as long as he has athletes to compete with. And he has had good assistant coaches.

Martin I'm sure is a good man. Not knocking that or the man. He is a good coach but coaching at GP and coaching in 7aaa is two different things.

Yes.....because Alcoa, Milan, CAK, and CPA completely suck. This comment shows your complete incompetence.

Not to mention, he won 3 state titles and was runner-up 5 times.

I guess Adeylott at Riverdale has been a complete failure as well.

Yes.....because Alcoa, Milan, CAK, and CPA completely suck. This comment shows your complete incompetence.

You also can't forget about David Lipscomb all of those years when Goodpasture & the Mustangs were playing deep in the playoffs. Coach Martin is more than ready for District 7-AAA. I know it is a powerhouse football conference but a proven winner has just joined the ranks and with time he's going to win a lot of football games. Good Luck to Coach Martin!

I guess Adeylott at Riverdale has been a complete failure as well.

Not saying any of those teams are not good. However I believe only CPA was a usual on their schedule. The others were playoff teams. So would I rather play CPA or would I rather play Riverdale, Oakland, Blackman, Smyrna, and Siegel on a consistent basis? I'll take my one shot at CPA instead of the five shots. The only reason I made my comments were because JJ seems to think Martin is the greatest thing ever. Maybe he is but I want to see it first before I jump on the band wagon. Again, good luck to coach Martin and SC. Who will he try and get on staff?