Hunter's Lane

tnhsfbfan85

The sad reality is that Metro was once a great place to coach and teach. Athletics should not be the priority,but it should be a vital part of the educational process. But the schools you mentioned have a Principal in the building that realizes this and this is what is needed and has changed so much in Metro.

Metro rumors this thread is about Hunters Lane. But since you brought up others, Shrader did not screw Moreno. Moreno did not win and so Shrader went in a new direction. Also, Shrader helped Clayton to get a good staff. The former principal was more responsible for Moreno. Cane ridge was more successful than they have ever been. The staff has much better coaches all around. Will the success continue, I don't think so. I see them behind Overton, Antioch, and Hillsboro. If Clayton leaves Hillsboro the job will be filled from within.

You say he did not screw the previous coach yet, do not deny the fact that I provided about the number of coaches he was able to get. Moreno went to the second round of the playoffs his first year. Yet still was only able to get 1 coach in the building after that. Whereas Clayton walks into 5 coaches in the building his first year. And you mean to tell me that isn't screwing the previous coach, when he refused to help him out yet is willing to help out Clayton. No one is denying that Moreno lost the next two years but where was the support Schrader is showing to Clayton. That sounds like being screwed over if you ask me.

You say he did not screw the previous coach yet, do not deny the fact that I provided about the number of coaches he was able to get. Moreno went to the second round of the playoffs his first year. Yet still was only able to get 1 coach in the building after that. Whereas Clayton walks into 5 coaches in the building his first year. And you mean to tell me that isn't screwing the previous coach, when he refused to help him out yet is willing to help out Clayton. No one is denying that Moreno lost the next two years but where was the support Schrader is showing to Clayton. That sounds like being screwed over if you ask me.

It's all a numbers game. Some years a lot of teaching spots open up and some years very few if any open up. I know one coach in particular that started the year off at Overton and then a position opened up and the coach filled it sometime in late August or early September. But to say that Shrader did not want to help his coach win is crazy. The year Hillsboro made the playoffs with Moreno they went 3-7 regular season. They beat Glencliff in the first round then got beat by Columbia second round. Going 3-7 and beating Glencliff probably doesnt go in Moreno's favor. His best regular season record was 4-6. A guy has three losing seasons in a row and you expect the admin to stick with it.

You are comparing Moreno, who was 9-21 in three years, to Clayton, who has won almostv250 career games and Went 7-5 and finished 3rd in the Williamson county district in his first year?? Hilarious...

Not to mention Hillsboro was the whipping boy in 11AAA while Moreno was the head coach, routinely getting blown out.. If Moreno and his staff were competitive and still lost I could see the argument. But to lose and to lose badly, you have no argument metroRumors.. You seem to know alot about the way stuff went down and who is in the building at Hillsboro.. Makes you wonder how you know all of these things and know so much about Moreno's years.... Hmmmm

Apparently you all did not read carefully enough. No one yet has refuted the argument about 2 coaches in the building in 3 years, compared to 5 coaches in one year. By simply calling it a "numbers" game is frankly ignorant. If a principal wanted to open up a position, he/she could do so. You have changed the argument to records instead of support. Records with a coach who had 1 coach in the building his first year, compared to a coach who has 5 coaches in the building. And you mean to tell me you expect them to come out with the same record?

Apparently you all did not read carefully enough. No one yet has refuted the argument about 2 coaches in the building in 3 years, compared to 5 coaches in one year. By simply calling it a "numbers" game is frankly ignorant. If a principal wanted to open up a position, he/she could do so. You have changed the argument to records instead of support. Records with a coach who had 1 coach in the building his first year, compared to a coach who has 5 coaches in the building. And you mean to tell me you expect them to come out with the same record?

Opening up a position is not as easy as you obviously think it is. A principal cannot just create a position for a coach much less positions for coaches. It doesn't work that way. Why do you think when a position is listed on TSSAA.org it often says what the teaching vacancy is. To answer your other question, yes. I would expect the same results regardless. Lets not forget Moreno demoted a coach who was in the building after week one. Moreno could have also done a better job of trying to get Fite to stay. That would have been at least three coaches in the building. Finally, you made it out like Moreno did such a great job getting into the playoffs year one. How about that 3-7 record and huge playoff win over Glencliff?