Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett TSSAA 6A Quarterfinals

Red Rebels

Besides penalties and turnovers that could change the game,the special teams always have to factor in.I know that's something Maryville has seen when DB kicks deeps,our coverage on kickoffs is not the best.It didn't take but one deep kick last week to be reminded of that.Almost forgot,we fixed that by simply not kicking deep,and the best was the squib kick.

Edited by BatmanDB

I enjoyed the trip down to Maryville in 2009.I knew it was the last game for DB that year and there was really no pressure,but just the fact those guys would get to play one of the best teams in the state for their last game,was in some way a consolation and much better then getting beat by a lesser team.This time is much different,and I know DB can play with Maryville or any other team.We all know the battles are won up front ,turnovers and all that,but if DB can play sound football this week,they can win this or any other game. Before anyone post,I know this is the only game they can win this week.

Edited by BatmanDB

I enjoyed the trip down to Maryville in 2009.I knew it was the last game for DB that year and there was really no pressure,but just the fact those guys would get to play one of the best teams in the state for their last game,was in some way a consolation and much better then getting beat by a lesser team.This time is much different,and I know DB can play with Maryville or any other team.We all know the battles are won up front ,turnovers and all that,but if DB can play sound football this week,they can win this or any other game. Before anyone post,I know this is the only game they can win this week.

Totally agree with the evaluation of the team in '09. I know from talking with D-B fans, that you felt that team ('09) was not your best team. But the beat down by the Rebels, so early in the game was a bit of a shock. With that said, this is a dominant D-B team. A little one dimensional, but very good at it! If a D-B team is going to beat my Rebels, this is the team that can do it. This could be a great game- or Maryville could explode early and make D-B get out of its comfort zone and throw more. We will see Friday night, just glad this discussion will be settled on the field.

I still believe Maryville is not as strong as last year's team, especially the secondary (although it has been improving the last three weeks). That does not mean they will not win the game or the State title. GQ is a "Magic Man" - he just wins with whatever he has to work with. That's why I believe they will win this one, although I do believe D-B has the talent to beat Maryville.

Now, before some of my fellow Rebels get mad at me, answer me this. If we had all the Senior starters back from last year's team, how many would not be starting? I don't want to name names, that is not fair to these tough young dedicated Rebels that have more than proven the commonly expressed phrase, "Maryville just Re-loads!"

That is the only reason I feel Maryville is not as strong as last year. I really believed last years team would not be beat. I do not feel the same about this team, but nobody (especially D-B ) better think you can handle them, you can't! This team might be beat by somebody, but you are going to have to fight to the last second. You give GQ 40 seconds and two timeouts- he is going to score!

Edited by oldhick76

Will the difference in East TN football compared to NE TN football show up in this game? i think that Murvil will win is for one they are Murvil and it's at home and they have been in this situation many times. Another reason is i think Murvil has played the much tougher schedule all year long. Should be a good one. Good luck to both teams, and i hope nobody gets hurt.

I guess NE TN football showed up pretty well the past two weeks. I don't think its ever been a problem for DB to compete with teams from "East Tn". Maryville is in a land of their own. But they do carry the banner very well. True, Maryville has had the tougher schedule but DB did go up against some very good teams the past three weeks and passed the test. Those teams ony had 3 combined loses.

Totally agree with the evaluation of the team in '09. I know from talking with D-B fans, that you felt that team ('09) was not your best team. But the beat down by the Rebels, so early in the game was a bit of a shock. With that said, this is a dominant D-B team. A little one dimensional, but very good at it! If a D-B team is going to beat my Rebels, this is the team that can do it. This could be a great game- or Maryville could explode early and make D-B get out of its comfort zone and throw more. We will see Friday night, just glad this discussion will be settled on the field.

I still believe Maryville is not as strong as last year's team, especially the secondary (although it has been improving the last three weeks). That does not mean they will not win the game or the State title. GQ is a "Magic Man" - he just wins with whatever he has to work with. That's why I believe they will win this one, although I do believe D-B has the talent to beat Maryville.

Now, before some of my fellow Rebels get mad at me, answer me this. If we had all the Senior starters back from last year's team, how many would not be starting? I don't want to name names, that is not fair to these tough young dedicated Rebels that have more than proven the commonly expressed phrase, "Maryville just Re-loads!"

That is the only reason I feel Maryville is not as strong as last year. I really believed last years team would not be beat. I do not feel the same about this team, but nobody (especially D-cool.png better think you can handle them, you can't! This team might be beat by somebody, but you are going to have to fight to the last second. You give GQ 40 seconds and two timeouts- he is going to score!

Well,the 2009 team was 5-5 coming in,and had very few options to start with on offense and it's best option didn't play.Didn't take a rocket scientist to know what that outcome would be.Good assessment of this years Maryville team.I don't know who will win this game,but there are two more monsters waiting for the winner,whoever it is.

That is the only reason I feel Maryville is not as strong as last year. I really believed last years team would not be beat. I do not feel the same about this team, but nobody (especially D-B ) better think you can handle them, you can't! This team might be beat by somebody, but you are going to have to fight to the last second. You give GQ 40 seconds and two timeouts- he is going to score!

olhick eye uhgree.....This teem feels moore like tha 2010 vershun ov tha boyz frum 825 Lawrence two me.....Mairvul's seccundairee laist yeer, speshlee tha cornurs (Curtis and Johns) were az gooda set az eye've evur seed inn hi skool bawl.....

Butt the's guys haiv emproved and jist need two play thair posishuns rilly good....

On tha othur side....Even tho we lost Patton, Brandon Guy, and Big Jay etc.....While maybee nott az explosive az laist yeer...This yeer's off-fence seems two be a little moore evun-keeled and iz out scorrin' laist yeer's teem bye abowt a avridge ov 4 points....(accordin two my dee-vidin' and goes-in-tas)......popcorneater.gif

Edited by STARSNBARS