Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett TSSAA 6A Quarterfinals

Red Rebels

Grant, Waco brings that one up cause it's his favorite game of the series. If I remember correctly, the Southers talked smack all summer and the week of the game about how that was going to be the year the South beat DB at J. Fred. Then, South came out and got blasted right out of the gate and for the rest of the night. And he will never let them live that down, everytime a Souther takes a jab at DB Waco reminds them of that game.

I am friends with Jeremy. He is a great guy. I bet you do give Kevin a hard time. I felt really bad for Jake who fumbled once or twice. He was a heckuva football player who just had a bad night. I'm glad to finally see Curt get his shot at Wisconsin.

One more GreyRider and I'm done.

Jeremy used to work next to my father-in-law at Eastman. We do give Kevin a hard time, but with all do respect he was a twice-torn ACL cornerback who kicked because we didn't have another kicker. So, who can blame him, really? But don't feel sorry for Jake. If I remember correctly, he's in graduate school at South Carolina studying medicine. Going to be some kind of surgeon or something. Which no one who grew up with him is surprised by.

Ok. I'm done. Y'all can get back on topic now.

Grant, Waco brings that one up cause it's his favorite game of the series. If I remember correctly, the Southers talked smack all summer and the week of the game about how that was going to be the year the South beat DB at J. Fred. Then, South came out and got blasted right out of the gate and for the rest of the night. And he will never let them live that down, everytime a Souther takes a jab at DB Waco reminds them of that game.

I do remember that. Both the hype and the shellacking.

Might be my last post on this one .. gettin crazy at home and gonna be worse coming down tomorrow, so I will say this has been my favorite thread in a long time. I wish somebody would put us together in a regular seaon game on schedule for a few years. . win or lose it would be like this every year on Coach T. Hope everyone has a safe trip down, Maryville you have some class fans, and have been really cool on here. . sorry for some of the early trash, we're happy to be finally getting to play you with a good team. Be for this war begins, I will say I hope whoever wins this game wins it all. See you in a few hours.

I do remember that. Both the hype and the shellacking.

Yeah, the Southers gave us a verbal shellacking that year starting in June 2006. According to them they were going to beat us 44-0 (or worse) So I call that a 88 point turn around. I told the Southers back then that they had better back up their talk or I would never let them live it down. Im just keeping my word. 44-0

Might be my last post on this one .. gettin crazy at home and gonna be worse coming down tomorrow, so I will say this has been my favorite thread in a long time. I wish somebody would put us together in a regular seaon game on schedule for a few years. . win or lose it would be like this every year on Coach T. Hope everyone has a safe trip down, Maryville you have some class fans, and have been really cool on here. . sorry for some of the early trash, we're happy to be finally getting to play you with a good team. Be for this war begins, I will say I hope whoever wins this game wins it all. See you in a few hours.

You have class too 24. I wouldnt mind shaking your hand tomorrow afternoon.

Got another question for the Rebel fans here... You all have had some great teams in this run you've been on. It may be early (with the playoffs still two more weeks from wrapping up), but how would you compare this year's Rebels to the ones of the past? Where would this one stack up against your former champs?

A little better than some...a little less than others.