Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett TSSAA 6A Quarterfinals

Red Rebels

Someone please explain why DB's pregame ritual is classless. The band and the cheerleaders come onto DB's side of the field, play school songs, and the team gets fired up. Nothing is ever directed at the opposing team, it's all about the kids, on their side of the field. How is that classless?

I understand the talk about people whining about the refs and the 1% of DB fans that get on here and senselessly talk trash, but I really don't get how the band and The Walk is classless. Someone educate me.

Someone please explain why DB's pregame ritual is classless. The band and the cheerleaders come onto DB's side of the field, play school songs, and the team gets fired up. Nothing is ever directed at the opposing team, it's all about the kids, on their side of the field. How is that classless?

I understand the talk about people whining about the refs and the 1% of DB fans that get on here and senselessly talk trash, but I really don't get how the band and The Walk is classless. Someone educate me.

Was not there so cant say whom is right or wrong but if the above post is true is so no harm, no foul if conducted on visiting sidelines- just b/c your maryville as yes you gained and earned that respect teams dont need to bow down to you when they come onto your field...

in fact last year did ya not get upset with the warrior throwing his jav

Thanks to all the Dobyns Bennett players and coaches for a great season.Good luck to the seniors as they move to the next stage of their lives,it's been fun watching you all.Best of luck to Maryville as they continue to represent east Tennessee football and bring great pride to this part of the state.In case that one Rebel fan wants to argue :thumb:thca9c8npk.jpg

No actually this is ... lol

Gentlemen, I have a great respect for tradition, school spirit and team pride. If their band greeted their team on the field...so what? Did they do anything to disrespect Maryville, or were they simply getting fired up for a big game? In Oak Ridge, you guys had some kind of line up during pre-game that you ran towards the 50 yelling and screaming. It wasn't seen as disrespectful, just getting fired up for a game.

As far as this goes, you DO have a great program, with many traditions that make it great for your students, but by your standards, you should never have traditions while visiting. I believe I heard the Maryville student section do thier "winning team..losing team" chant in Cookeville last year. Were you not giving the other team respect?

Bottom line you have a great program, but at times it seems as though you want more than respect. You may see the Black Hole as a chapel, but not everyone sees it as more than a football field.

First off Prayers are going out to #39 Haden Townsend , like others have said , he is the prototype Maryville Football Player ... all heart and soul . I really Hope Haden will be able to play again soon , It tears you up to see a young man who has worked so hard get hurt like that .

It was Great Meeting SweetScience and Red Rebels , You got a seat with us anytime you want to Sweet !!

I'm not surprised to hear about the band really ... I know DB has tons of great fans , but the one sitting right behind me who wanted to cry about the Refs all night .... really man .... do you really think the Refs are the reason Maryville has won 9 State Championships since 2000 , 14 overall , and the last 2 in 6A ??? Really ?? You want to sit right in the Middle of the other team's fans and go on about the refs .... the arrogance to do that just amazes me , and Maybe the Band Director also thought he was above us Lowly Maryville people .

Orangeandwhite ... Ya our Boys did read some of this Crap ... I guess maybe you should of worried about it after all . I really do want to like you guys ... I really do , but a lot of you all wanted to act to us like the Greeneville trolls do to you all . Talk big and bad and Tough and act like Maryville doesn't deserve your Respect ... Amazing some of you all choose to do that when you have those Clowns up there being Disrespectful to you . Maryville fans will be nice , respectful , and Humble to you guys , unless you want to come down here and act like we don't deserve your respect .

What's funny about you guys is the one guy who actually sees things the way they really are , is the guy a lot of you all want to give a hard time . Waco thought it was ridiculous for you guys to be disrespectful , plus he can actually look at your team objectively , yet he is given a hard time for doing that . Now you guys can get back to blasting Waco and wanting your coach fired , maybe if we meet again next year some of you guys can then act like you been there before .

Onto Siegel ... I've heard one of their Players was hurt tonight too , that's a dang Shame , I hope both kids will be ready to play by next week .

First off congrats to the Maryville football team! Next, that's good the players read all this crap, wasn't worried and still am not. I never said Maryville doesn't deserve respect, just think it needs to go both ways. I will tell you one thing, you may be able to make a million posts on a message board, but I'm still never gonna bough down to some fan on a keyboard running his mouth.It's funny how you can speak for every Maryville fan like you know them all. I came to the game treated everyone at Maryville nice and with respect. If you wanna call me out that's fine I ain't Skeered, Uncle Sam took that out of me a few years ago. I wish the Rebels well the rest of the way. Congrats to the Indians on a good season!

Gentlemen, I have a great respect for tradition, school spirit and team pride. If their band greeted their team on the field...so what? Did they do anything to disrespect Maryville, or were they simply getting fired up for a big game? In Oak Ridge, you guys had some kind of line up during pre-game that you ran towards the 50 yelling and screaming. It wasn't seen as disrespectful, just getting fired up for a game.

As far as this goes, you DO have a great program, with many traditions that make it great for your students, but by your standards, you should never have traditions while visiting. I believe I heard the Maryville student section do thier "winning team..losing team" chant in Cookeville last year. Were you not giving the other team respect?

Bottom line you have a great program, but at times it seems as though you want more than respect. You may see the Black Hole as a chapel, but not everyone sees it as more than a football field.

Oh ya , now I remember you're a big DB fan ... sorry to disappoint you . Were you there 3wiggle ? Do you even know what we're talking about ? Bet not , you're just butt sore because your buddies got beat , sorry about that ... I guess the Black Hole is a Chapel , thank you .

First off congrats to the Maryville football team! Next, that's good the players read all this crap, wasn't worried and still am not. I never said Maryville doesn't deserve respect, just think it needs to go both ways. I will tell you one thing, you may be able to make a million posts on a message board, but I'm still never gonna bough down to some fan on a keyboard running his mouth.It's funny how you can speak for every Maryville fan like you know them all. I came to the game treated everyone at Maryville nice and with respect. If you wanna call me out that's fine I ain't Skeered, Uncle Sam took that out of me a few years ago. I wish the Rebels well the rest of the way. Congrats to the Indians on a good season!

Still wanting to be the BAAAD man I see ... lol , you don't scare or intimidate anybody ... Maryville fans would of gladly shot the bull with you guys all week and treated you all very respectful , you and others wanted to talk tough , worked out real well for you , Aint Skeered either , I was in the Marines .... what does that have to do with anything ? Is that just more of you puffing your chest out ? Enjoy your "Fire the Coach" thread .

Edited by pepvol

Oh ya , now I remember you're a big DB fan ... sorry to disappoint you . Were you there 3wiggle ? Do you even know what we're talking about ? Bet not , you're just butt sore because your buddies got beat , sorry about that ... I guess the Black Hole is a Chapel , thank you .

DB fan or not, don't see how you can take a few DB fans that sit on the home side acting stupid and presume all the visitors were like that.

Still wanting to be the BAAAD man I see ... lol , you don't scare or intimidate anybody ... Maryville fans would of gladly shot the bull with you guys all week and treated you all very respectful , you and others wanted to talk tough , worked out real well for you , Aint Skeered either , I was in the Marines .... what does that have to do with anything ? Is that just more of you puffing your chest out ? Enjoy your "Fire the Coach" thread .

You still don't get it Jar Head I will treat you with respect only if I get the same. It's a highschool football game and that's all. Chapel,seriously you can't have much of a life. Guess that's why you do have 3k posts. Don't have to puff my chest out for anybody. I don't think all Maryville fans are like you and expect to say something to someone and them sit over in a little corner a hold their head down. Never gonna happen from me BAAAD man.

You still don't get it Jar Head I will treat you with respect only if I get the same. It's a highschool football game and that's all. Chapel,seriously you can't have much of a life. Guess that's why you do have 3k posts. Don't have to puff my chest out for anybody. I don't think all Maryville fans are like you and expect to say something to someone and them sit over in a little corner a hold their head down. Never gonna happen from me BAAAD man.

Lol , wow you are a tough guy , since I've had 2700 posts in over 12 years on Coach T , I must not be near the man you are ... Seriously , I see why everybody in Northeast TN thinks the way they do about you guys . Maybe you can tell us what a Bad Man you are again next year and how you Aint Skeered of Nobody !!

Oh ya , Now get in the Corner Now !! Good Boy !! Now Roll over and play dead ... Oh never mind you already did that !! lol :mrgreen:

Edited by pepvol