Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett TSSAA 6A Quarterfinals

Red Rebels

I want to give respect where respect is due, GQ and his coaching staff. What an awesome Game plan. It was executed to near perfection. You needed a plan to contain #6 and #8 and that's what you did. Besides the long TD pass no huge plays given up to the two speed demons. #6 and #8 are outstanding players but it takes more than two great players to beat a good TEAM.

GR, it was a pleasure hanging with you and the other early Tailgaters. Many prayers for your boy and his speedy recovery.

I want to give respect where respect is due, GQ and his coaching staff. What an awesome Game plan. It was executed to near perfection. You needed a plan to contain #6 and #8 and that's what you did. Besides the long TD pass no huge plays given up to the two speed demons. #6 and #8 are outstanding players but it takes more than two great players to beat a good TEAM.

GR, it was a pleasure hanging with you and the other early Tailgaters. Many prayers for your boy and his speedy recovery.

It was a great game and a great time on Cedar Street. We need to do it again next week in the Boro! Go Rebels!

What a great game! I thought both coaching staffs did a great job preparing for the game. It was obvious that DBs plan was to shut down our passing attack and they did a great job of that all night. I had heard on here that the secondary woyuld be wide open all night. That was not the case. Your d-backs did a great job of man coverage and played our wide out up close all night long. I don't think 5 or 7 had a catch all night. They normally have a handful each and several TDs. However, Maryville is not a one trick pony, players like 23, 22, 16, and 3 stepped up as usual to be very effective weapons. Most of our passing yards were to backs out of the backfield or TE. The O-line did an incredible job, especially sealing the corner. Oh yeah and those awesome receivers 5 and 7 can block downfield. Great offensive scheme and great team win.

Maryville's D plan was obviously to minimize the big play by 6 and 8. Mission accomplished! Both players are awesome athletes and were impressive last night but they remained contained.

Someone asked how does Maryville continue to have these teams. We build them starting with those little kids on the field after the game.. We did not have anyone on the field with Usaine Bolt speed but we have a side line full of good HS athletes who work hard throughout the year (not season) to get stronger and faster. They are also 100% soldout to a team approach and will run through a brick wall if coach asks them to. I am so proud of these boys! Great team win!

Good post.We have a great bunch of coaches and had a lot of talent this year.You have great coaches and awesome players as well.The sealing off by your offensive line and down field blocking was a difference maker for your offense.Maryville gave enough gifts however that would have been just what DB needed had they played a clean game.Point blank turnover to start the game and we give it right back,killer !. The Touchdown pass called back because of a mistake and the great stop by Maryville when DB had it fourth and inches deep in the red zone..These things and the countless penalties for no reason helped dig a nice hole.Maryville has a great team and I knew they would get their points.Still,with all that,DB was in the game going into the 4th quarter.The reason Maryville doesn't lose most of these close games,is because they are very good {number one}and they play smart football.

thanks for the compliment for the field. We are very proud of our small town atmosphere. The Maryville players are all business. No flashiness or individualism. Its not tolerated by staff. They play with their hearts and genuinely love each other as family. They have since they were peewees. And from what i see, will be for years to come. Its been that way for over fifty years

Yes, and that is the very type of tradition that I was fishing for earler in this thread. I think that is one of the best traditioins that any school could ask for. I would like to see more of that at DB. This Tribal unit finds that to be awesome.