Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett TSSAA 6A Quarterfinals

Red Rebels

We had a DB poster taking shots at our stadium earlier in the week. Insinuating it was not big enough, basically acting like their fans would take it over. Far as the band free country i guess. Never seen it done before. More power to them but it appears the other school really is trying to take the place over and it could motivate the home team players. I'm betting in this case it did. No our stadium is not a chapel and traditions are important. But if you go to an opposing stadium and act as though you are home it may or may not go over well.

One poster may have said that, only him not the rest..... Me personally I really liked the stadium. Being so close to the field is great I think, kinda seemed a little 3D which is cool.I also like the way GQ has his team walk single file through the stands before the game, with not one kid starring back at the opposing team, very,very cool Anyone that enjoys HS football in TN., knows what kinda teams MHS has year in and year out, but seeing it in person is awesome.

Did anyone watch the game and want to talk about it? :popcorneater:

:thumb: Im with you on that one. This game hade nothing to do with the band, or the chop or the kids in trucks with flags. It had nothing to do with disrespectful fans or anyother crap. The game was lost by DB . turovers and penaltys killed them. Maryville was the better team on the field last night.

Edited by TOOMUCHSPEED

One poster may have said that, only him not the rest..... Me personally I really liked the stadium. Being so close to the field is great I think, kinda seemed a little 3D which is cool.I also like the way GQ has his team walk single file through the stands before the game, with not one kid starring back at the opposing team, very,very cool Anyone that enjoys HS football in TN., knows what kinda teams MHS has year in and year out, but seeing it in person is awesome.

Thanks. I think the Skeeter is a great HS venue and fits our needs 95% of the time. Occassionally, we host some crazy fan base like Alcoa, Riverdale, or DB (with a band the size of Blount County) and it is a bit cramped but it also makes for an electric atmosphere.

Thanks. New turf was big improvement, field was pretty muddy at this time last year. Hopefully circumstances will bring us up to your place sometime.

Dude...chill out. With all due respect the DB band and players work just as hard and deserve to show out as well. The DB fans came to pack out the stadium, the entire 400 person band came down to show support for their team as well. Yes Maryville has won the championships but they play football, cheer, and toot horns in every community in this state. Now, from what I hear everyone was glad to see the band travel down and be a part of the action..and when they come they will be a part of the festivities. I guess you are mad because the band didn't file in and be quiet...I would thought a fan of a team with so much success would not care about the friggin band. Talk about giving respect. I think it showed a ton of respect to send the band down for this huge playoff game (they don't travel to most)...that tells me they thought alot of Maryville and the tradition down there. I thought that wa what made the high school football Friday night so special...kids that have put everything into their sport (football, band, cheering) getting to perform.

Good post.....totally agree

thanks for the compliment for the field. We are very proud of our small town atmosphere. The Maryville players are all business. No flashiness or individualism. Its not tolerated by staff. They play with their hearts and genuinely love each other as family. They have since they were peewees. And from what i see, will be for years to come. Its been that way for over fifty years

Question for D-B folks. - Early in the game DB ran the option and the pitch man was 10 yards wide of the QB and the pitch was more of a throw. Is that a designed play or were they out of sync and kind of improvised?

Believe it or not they have run that several times during the year. That particular pitch or pass was so high he's lucky he got the ball.

thanks for the compliment for the field. We are very proud of our small town atmosphere. The Maryville players are all business. No flashiness or individualism. Its not tolerated by staff. They play with their hearts and genuinely love each other as family. They have since they were peewees. And from what i see, will be for years to come. Its been that way for over fifty years

Now, that's something to be proud of in this day and time.

I spoke with a lot of nice people from Kingsport while they were walking by our line on Cedar Street to get in the visitors line. A lot of you must have not looked at the parking diagram I posted earlier in the week. The "C" lot had plenty of free parking still available. Next year you will know where to park. And BatmanDB, I was messing with you a little during that whole diatribe we had about where the Tri-cities starts and ends. I've got tons of cousins up that way. I spend every Easter in a holler up there. I think we might have some long range plans to add more bleachers. We can only do so much each year.

PS: We have a little game called the Airport Motor Mile Kickoff Classic that we host with Alcoa High School. You all ought to look into that.