Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett TSSAA 6A Quarterfinals

Red Rebels

it was a great crowd, great weather, great bands...perfect atmosphere at THE SKEETER.

What a great stadium you have there in Maryville...and what a great team and coach!! Really impressive.

The Red Rebels are so good...they made DB work so hard for every yard and every score and then you guys scored with ease. I just wonder this: HOW DOES MARYVILLE GET THOSE PLAYERS AND HOW ARE THEY THAT GOOD EVERY YEAR? I mean, this is what, an average Red Rebel team? DB would have to have their best ever Defense and their best ever kicker and their best ever O-Line and at least as good of skill players to beat them...that probably won't happen.

Great season by Graham Clark and the Indians. It was fun team to watch every game, spectacular all season.

Thanks for the memories

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

Thanks PEP , MHS82 and others for your concern and compliments for Haden , he is mine but he has played his heart out this year as have his team mates. We have an MRI scheduled for Monday morning and I hope for his sake that it is not as bad as they think. Please pray for his spirit to be lifted high no matter what the outcome.

Grey-hie's on the prayer list-hope ya'll have a Blessed weekend-Spanky

SPEAR24 eye'm jist reeportin whut eye wuz tolt.....And az eye sed..Hit wuz all good two me.....

Butt eye weal say thait when'st me and mommaSTARS goes two sumbodee else's house orr traylur two stay all nite...Thait eye uselee don't lay arownd thair house inn onlee my old yeller Froot Ov Tha Looms and momma promisses knott two kleen out thair Fridgee-Dairy untill evurbodee (1) haz wint two bed orr ... (2) thair guts are all good and full furst...(jist out ov curty-see cents hits thair house yee no).....tiphat.gif

So you're saying if DB ever gets a regular season game with Maryville, and we ask you not to do the iron cross you wont?(on our field) isnt that disrespecting a visitor in your house, denying them of their tradition? I still dont get it. We didnt go stomp in the middle of the field or anything, spit on a flag outside the stadium or anything like that

Edited by TOOMUCHSPEED

it was a great crowd, great weather, great bands...perfect atmosphere at THE SKEETER.

What a great stadium you have there in Maryville...and what a great team and coach!! Really impressive.

The Red Rebels are so good...they made DB work so hard for every yard and every score and then you guys scored with ease. I just wonder this: HOW DOES MARYVILLE GET THOSE PLAYERS AND HOW ARE THEY THAT GOOD EVERY YEAR? I mean, this is what, an average Red Rebel team? DB would have to have their best ever Defense and their best ever kicker and their best ever O-Line and at least as good of skill players to beat them...that probably won't happen.

Great season by Graham Clark and the Indians. It was fun team to watch every game, spectacular all season.

Thanks for the memories

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

If you were there at the end of the game ,you would have noticed the dozens of 7,8, 9 year old boys running around playing football. Their dream is to play Rebels Football. If you watched real close you would have seen their faces as the score mock touchdowns. The pure excitement of them just being on THAT field is a dream in the making. I will be watching those same kids in the next few years playing on that field. This is how Maryville has become a tradition. Just the pure love of the game. Nothing more,Nothing less

Elizabethton is in the Semi-Finals THIS year, and has been in the Semi-Finals in 3 of the last 4 years.

DB has been to the SemiFinals only once since 1980.....REALLY top 5 team in STATE!!!!!

Maybe some of the DB football team can come watch us play at HOME next Friday. We do need some extra cheerleaders.

Honestly who cares about your little boy football. DB would smash you guys. So shut your mouth and move on. Can't believe you'd bash a local team like that.

Thanks for the memories

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

AV eye toe-tully uhgree.....

Best reesun eye cain give ewe iz becaws we are blessed wif grait coaches frum ages 7 on upp inn our Parks and Wreck leegues hear all tha way two GQ and Co. ....

And thes kids playin' cupbawl beehind tha stadeeum orr practuss feeled dreem ov pullin' on that red and black and bein' jist like thair heroes when'st thair time comes.... :popcorneater:

I am always more than amazed when I read posts from some fans who seriously need to get a life. Bring it on but here are my thoughts,,,,

Great game and great atmosphere. Congratulations to Maryville. Neither team played their absolute best and D-Bs chances went south with turnovers, too many penalties and a defense that played great but gave up too many big plays.

You wouldn't believe it by listing to some of the fans here, but most of the fans are respectful to each other. All of the Maryville fans that I talked to were really nice and enjoyed having the Indians in their house. Yes, I heard a few stupid comments, but probably no more than came from some wearing maroon.

To anyone who things our band showed disrespect to Maryville with our pre game ritual, then just get over it. It's a high school football game and one, at that, with a tremendous crowd and atmosphere. Traditions are a part of every school's makeup. There was nothing our band did that showed disrespect to Maryville.

finally, any of you at the game know that our two schools need to find a way to make a series of regular season games a reality.

Roll Tribe!

I am always more than amazed when I read posts from some fans who seriously need to get a life. Bring it on but here are my thoughts,,,,

Great game and great atmosphere. Congratulations to Maryville. Neither team played their absolute best and D-Bs chances went south with turnovers, too many penalties and a defense that played great but gave up too many big plays.

You wouldn't believe it by listing to some of the fans here, but most of the fans are respectful to each other. All of the Maryville fans that I talked to were really nice and enjoyed having the Indians in their house. Yes, I heard a few stupid comments, but probably no more than came from some wearing maroon.

To anyone who things our band showed disrespect to Maryville with our pre game ritual, then just get over it. It's a high school football game and one, at that, with a tremendous crowd and atmosphere. Traditions are a part of every school's makeup. There was nothing our band did that showed disrespect to Maryville.

finally, any of you at the game know that our two schools need to find a way to make a series of regular season games a reality.

Roll Tribe!

DBun.....nice post and you are absolutely correct. I love highschool traditions and rituals and what the DB band does is awesome. Great crowd and a incredible following by the D-B fans. Lots of speed and toughness exhibited by your team. I was most impressed by your coaching staff and the fact that they stuck to their game plan despite being 2 scores down. Many...many outstanding teams that have visited the black hole, when two scores behind, have junked their GP and quickly self distructed.

Disappointed in many Maryville fans that opted to stay home and watch this game on the tube. Hoping for a great fullowing to Siegel next week. These kids have gave us an incredible season this year and deserve the support.

Great effort Rebels and a well deserved victory. The tradition of a Thanksgiving morning practice and breakfast contiues. Thank you for the incredible ride Rebels.

Wishing the best for Hayden after his injury last night. Hayden has brought physical toughness to this years Rebel defense that will be difficult to replace.

OK fellers...hear's tha deel az best eye understaind hit.....Tha D-B band wuz asked knott two come on two tha feeled befour tha gaim....Thay did ennyhow and hit didn't hert my feelins att all....Jist added a lil moore fire undur tha boys inn red and black.....Mairvul's band haz pre-gaim stuff thay do att hoam two.....Butt eye've nevur seed tham go on tha feeled az viziturs and do hit.....Butt rilly hits all good and thay haiv tha best hi skool band eye've evur seed...Thay iz "big and good"!!!!

Well, if what you say is true and the band director was asked NOT to come onto the field before the game, then I would agree. The band director needs his clock cleaned by DB school administration. But I'll tell you this, NORMALLY, the War Whoop(walk) is done with pre-approval of the host school's activities director/band director. Everybody knows when it will happen. It's scheduled. And if that was done properly, you have no room to complain. I've seen it done both ways, from on the field and from the sidelines - host school rules. But if you'll notice, at your field there are no sidelines on the guest's end where a band can stand and play.

But as has already been said, it is tradition. It is simply a symbol of unity between the students, as represented by the band (25% of the student population) and the players. That's all so don't make it more than it is. And as for the poor fellow who started all this - get a life. It's high school football for cryiing out loud.

So you're saying if DB ever gets a regular season game with Maryville, and we ask you not to do the iron cross you wont?(on our field) isnt that disrespecting a visitor in your house, denying them of their tradition? I still dont get it. We didnt go stomp in the middle of the field or anything, spit on a flag outside the stadium or anything like that

TMS hit wuz jist a reeqwest abowt tha band comin' onn two tha host skools feeled.....Nuthin moore ..nuthin less.....Butt eye'm tickled thay did hit ennyway.... :popcorneater:

DBun.....nice post and you are absolutely correct. I love highschool traditions and rituals and what the DB band does is awesome. Great crowd and a incredible following by the D-B fans. Lots of speed and toughness exhibited by your team. I was most impressed by your coaching staff and the fact that they stuck to their game plan despite being 2 scores down. Many...many outstanding teams that have visited the black hole, when two scores behind, have junked their GP and quickly self distructed.

Disappointed in many Maryville fans that opted to stay home and watch this game on the tube. Hoping for a great fullowing to Siegel next week. These kids have gave us an incredible season this year and deserve the support.

Great effort Rebels and a well deserved victory. The tradition of a Thanksgiving morning practice and breakfast contiues. Thank you for the incredible ride Rebels.

Wishing the best for Hayden after his injury last night. Hayden has brought physical toughness to this years Rebel defense that will be difficult to replace.

Awesum post ML....Uhgree 100%...

That tradishshunal Thanksgivin' Practuss nevur gits old!!!!..... :thumb: