Powell's HC Rang on admin leave...

rooster, my info came from very good person and said they were sure that one only had been offer the job and he was from NC. Have you talked with KJ latley to see if he was going to Catholic as assistant? He deserves better then to have to stay at Halls just to teach.

Maybe he'll just stay for the softball....LOL

rooster, my info came from very good person and said they were sure that one only had been offer the job and he was from NC. Have you talked with KJ latley to see if he was going to Catholic as assistant? He deserves better then to have to stay at Halls just to teach.

You don't go from Webb to Catholic. LOL (kind of like going from Halls to Powell). Heard that there were several people upset he was still at Halls while coaching at Webb especially when they played each other. Part of the Halls hiring problem is open teaching positions. What does KJ teach?

Halls has removed the interim tag from J.D. Overton's title today. He is now officially the head coach of the Red Devils.

Good choice, in my opinion. Everybody I have talked with who has ties to the Halls program thought he did a good job in tough circumstances this past year. I believe he will end up being a very good football coach for Halls.

congrats

Halls has removed the interim tag from J.D. Overton's title today. He is now officially the head coach of the Red Devils.

Good choice, in my opinion. Everybody I have talked with who has ties to the Halls program thought he did a good job in tough circumstances this past year. I believe he will end up being a very good football coach for Halls.

Rolled in late last night. Long haul. HTV is it true Rang wasnt at the banquet and there was no mention of his name? That doesnt sound good for the boy.

True that he wasn't there. Since he is suspended from his teaching position, he is not allowed to be at any school function. That's Knox County Schools Policy for any suspended teacher or administrator, and even off campus school events are off limits.

No, it is not true that his name was not mentioned, and in fact it was mentioned many times during the evening including a couple by me during our time to present the 5 awards that our radio station makes to Powell players.

That said, from my conversations with some folks, I don't believe that a decision one way or the other has been made yet, and I'm not sure the powers that be at Knox County Schools are even close to making that decision.

HTV, why do you think it's taking them so long to make a decision on Coach Rang?

Also, what did Clary have to say about the situation at Oak Ridge? I was not able to tune in your show.

On why it is taking so long, that's the question many of us have. It's been nearly 8 weeks now since the suspension, and from everything I have gathered, there is no "hearing date" or anything to indicate that a resolution is close. It's really baffling. Rang is still on paid leave. Were I the powers that be I would think that a resolution needs to happen one way or the other sooner rather than later. If they can't conduct a comprehensive investigation in 7 weeks, then they need new investigators. And as a taxpayer whose hard earned tax dollars support the school system, I certainly wonder why - at a time when we are in the economic situation that we are and people are struggling to make ends meet - that they are paying both for a salary for a suspended teacher, and a salary for a replacement while a teacher is on paid leave. It just doesn't make sense to me why the powers that be are allowing this to drag on. Make a decision one way or the other. Besides the individual involved, the ones being penalized are the students and members of the Powell football program. Everybody involved needs a resolution sooner rather than later.

David Clary told me that as of Friday, applications for the Oak Ridge job have come in from 27 states already, and that the job was just posted on the previous Tuesday. That speaks volumes about the reputation of Oak Ridge High School and the Oak Ridge football program. Oak Ridge will hire a quality football coach.

On why it is taking so long, that's the question many of us have. It's been nearly 8 weeks now since the suspension, and from everything I have gathered, there is no "hearing date" or anything to indicate that a resolution is close. It's really baffling. Rang is still on paid leave. Were I the powers that be I would think that a resolution needs to happen one way or the other sooner rather than later. If they can't conduct a comprehensive investigation in 7 weeks, then they need new investigators. And as a taxpayer whose hard earned tax dollars support the school system, I certainly wonder why - at a time when we are in the economic situation that we are and people are struggling to make ends meet - that they are paying both for a salary for a suspended teacher, and a salary for a replacement while a teacher is on paid leave. It just doesn't make sense to me why the powers that be are allowing this to drag on. Make a decision one way or the other. Besides the individual involved, the ones being penalized are the students and members of the Powell football program. Everybody involved needs a resolution sooner rather than later.

Jeez, that does seem pretty ridiculous. Certainly makes you wonder what the hold up is.