8AA Mid Season Review

KITTY

So is it true that the games will be moved back to Cookeville if 8AA sweeps? Because I would seriously see no point in it not being moved back.

I keep hearing this as well. It would be much more convenient for the teams from our district if it does happen...

King-Congrats on the championship. What sport was it?

I keep hearing this as well. It would be much more convenient for the teams from our district if it does happen...

King-Congrats on the championship. What sport was it?

T-N-T State Champions. Good group of kids (Livingston Middle won it as well) that you will hopefully see playing at the high school level very soon!

T-N-T State Champions. Good group of kids (Livingston Middle won it as well) that you will hopefully see playing at the high school level very soon!

Once again, congrats! Looks like the winning tradition at LA will stay intact for several years to come!

Edited by dctiger

Once again, congrats! Looks like the winning tradition at LA will stay intact for several years to come!

With coaches like King teaching these kids good fundamental basketball, future is bright! Congrats on championship. All 4 of our district teams are dangerous on any given night. I do feel that being on the opposite side of region bracket than upperman will be a big advantage. So Tuesdays games are very important in determining the final 2.

With coaches like King teaching these kids good fundamental basketball, future is bright! Congrats on championship. All 4 of our district teams are dangerous on any given night. I do feel that being on the opposite side of region bracket than upperman will be a big advantage. So Tuesdays games are very important in determining the final 2.

Remember finishing 2nd in the district tourney is the preferred spot given how weak the 7-AA teams are. 8-AA #1 seed and #3 will be on the same bracket side come region tournament while 8-AA #2 and #4 will be on the opposite side. Of course, if things hold true to what is expected in the consolation game whoever finishes 1st will have to beat Upperman in an elimination game in the Region Semi-final for a birth into the Sub-State round.

Remember finishing 2nd in the district tourney is the preferred spot given how weak the 7-AA teams are. 8-AA #1 seed and #3 will be on the same bracket side come region tournament while 8-AA #2 and #4 will be on the opposite side. Of course, if things hold true to what is expected in the consolation game whoever finishes 1st will have to beat Upperman in an elimination game in the Region Semi-final for a birth into the Sub-State round.

I was wondering if anyone else thought the same way as me. But more importantly, if Dekalb wins they may have to beat LA 4 times. If LA wins then they will most likey have to beat Baxter a 4th time. Its hard to go 3 in 0 against a good team/nearly impossible to go 4 in 0. But alot of pride on both sides & I expect both teams to play hard. Im proud of whole district boys & girls!

Honestly, the 7-AA teams are much less of a threat than the ones in 8-AA, and when looking at that, first is the way to go. As much as I would love to see DC get another crack at Upperman, I would also like them to play Cannon/Bledsoe in the semifinal game and let playing Upperman be a championship game possibility.

I was wondering if anyone else thought the same way as me. But more importantly, if Dekalb wins they may have to beat LA 4 times. If LA wins then they will most likey have to beat Baxter a 4th time. Its hard to go 3 in 0 against a good team/nearly impossible to go 4 in 0. But alot of pride on both sides & I expect both teams to play hard. Im proud of whole district boys & girls!

It's been done before. I'm referring to throwing the district championship game to get in an easier bracket.

But in this case it's almost more beneficial to play the #1 team from 7-AA than our #3 team! No disrespect to 7-AA, but 8-AA is just that talented this year.

Take a look back to the early 2000's. You had JC, LA and Upperman girls that were all very very good teams . One of them would lose the district championship and get opposite the other two and cruise to the region championship. Its the smart thing to do imo.

Edited by devilfanatic