Class A State Tournament

Vandychris

Fun fact, this is not the first meeting between Hampton and Jackson Co. In 2006, Jackson County's first year in Class A we met in the first round. JC won by 20 or so, before losing to Forrest in the finals by 1 point in overtime.

Edited by bob77

Jackson County, Collinwood, Union City, & Summertown 1st round winners.

Jackson County & Summertown semi-final winners

Summertown State Champs.

Just my predictions. Should be some good semi-final games & maybe 1 or 2 good 1st rounders & a good championship.

Jackson County, Collinwood, Union City, & Summertown 1st round winners.

Jackson County & Summertown semi-final winners

Summertown State Champs.

Just my predictions. Should be some good semi-final games & maybe 1 or 2 good 1st rounders & a good championship.

I got Clarkrange winning that side of the bracket by 4 over Stown and by 10 over UC in the semi's and JC taking care of business on the other side of the bracket for another ALL 7A final. But let me say this, any team can beat the other one at this level all it takes is one bad game and you're out.

Fun fact, this is not the first meeting between Hampton and Jackson Co. In 2006, Jackson County's first year in Class A we met in the first round. JC won by 20 or so, before losing to Forrest in the finals by 1 point in overtime.

Another fun fact, Jackson Counry assistant Coach Misti Maxwell Upchurch was the point guard on that JC team. Anyone have any thing to say about this Hampton team? Would like to know about them.

Collinwood has a good chance to beat Madison, possibly the best possible 1st rd matchup they could have received, but there is no way they beat JC. Summertown got the toughest possible road. Of the other 7 teams, the top 3 are without question (in no particular order) Clarkrange, Union City, and Jackson Co.It just so happens that they have no choice but to go through all 3 and I just don't see that happening. Nothing against Summertown and in fact I'll go ahead and say that if you switch them with any of those other 3, odds are they wouldn't take home the gold ball either. EXTREMELY difficult to beat those 3 teams in 3 straight days.

Great post Stowneagle sounds like you guys will be a fixture at the state for several years. Haven't heard from the Hampton and Cloudland fans. Tell us about your teams!

As for the fair weather fan who doesn't go to games 7A's record at the state tournament speaks for itself.

Cloudland's girls have been though a lot,lost their pg due to off the court probelms,lost three players to knee injuries.These girls have a lot of heart they are very young only one senior(Rhodes Miss bball finalist,D1 player)they live and die by the post play,not only do they have Rhodes who's 6'1 they C wilson who's also 6'1 or 6'2 they play really well together.the guards are young may only score 10 pts total.Don't overlook these ladies they have surpised me all year.As for the bulldogs all i know about them is they lost their best player a couple weeks ago still playing very well.Both these teams will not be an easy out they will play you all 4 quarters,i know east TN doesn't get much respect in sports down pass Knoxville but we have some pretty good teams up here.

Let me start by saying no disrespect to anyone left standing,it's an accomplishment to get where you are.The first thing that jumps out at me is the fact that Jackson Co. got the draw that any of the four in the bottom of the bracket would love to have had.Most people are picking Collinwood over Madison in the first round for size reasons.Madison was not the best 15A team for most of the season,and 15A was down just a touch from the past four or five years,but the Mustangs gelled and got hot at a good time,and they have a pretty big frontline too.Better do some research before you let their district finish and number of losses bust your bracket in the first round.They are well coached and have a nice floor general in #11,and though it's a longshot for them to leave the 'Boro with three wins...one is definatly not!Biggest lock has to be Jackson Co.,sorry Bulldog fans but Murphy Center is homecourt for the Blue Devils this time of year,and is no time to lose your first option.Team to watch is Cloudland...toughest draw in the tourney,but gave ClayCo. a fit last year and won't be satisfied with just being there this time around.Hate to root for a team 350 miles from home and not for one of the west teams but here goes...GO LADY 'LANDERS!!!