Jackson Co vs Union City Class A Championship

bob77

The UC/Clarkrange game was the ugliest game I've ever seen. UC can make it ugly and if they do JC might be in trouble. They are big and brawny but not very talented. In the paint it will a war but JC should own the outside game. I will say that UC is very quick and they play great defense.

On a side note I hope that JC is not saddled with the same refs as the ones that called the UC/CR game. Not saying they were the difference. Everyone knows this is not one of Lamar's better teams and CR couldn't have won that game if there were no refs but the obvious bias shown towards the CR girls was saddening. At one stage the foul count was 8 to 1 against CR and tossing the ball off the leg of a player and then allowing the opponent to pick up the ball and drive for a layup is criminal. Possession must first be established and then the ref can begin his count. That one play summed up the way this game was called. I hoped that it wouldn't be a problem but when I saw the refs and then saw the UC team I thought it could be. Nothing against UC. Those girls deserved the win. CR was outmatched but really, refs must be professional and keep their skin color, yes I said it, out of the game. I have never cheered for JC at any time against any opponent but after that display yesterday, I think everyone in 7A is a Blue Devil today. Good luck to Coach Brown.

Edited by Hardcourt

Congratulations to Union City on a great year even before this game. I want to be the first to say I was wrong about the Union City girls team. I was a doubter, rarely ever does a team lose a for sure Miss Basketball candidate to injury and have had several other injurys and improve as a team but UC did as the season went on. Next I havent given Coach Suiter enough credit for what hes done as a coach bringing young girls alomg and not being tempted to put Amber Fair back in

and risking injury. This has been a total team effort.

District 7A is always loaded with great teams but Union City destroyed Clark Range, I didnt think you could stay with Jackson County early in the year. Right now I truly believe these are the best two teams in the state and its a tossup.

But after the season Union City has had I have to say it looks like this is Union Citys year. Go Tornadoes, Bring the Gold Ball back to 14A!

Edited by Greenfieldfan

Yea.I love beating UC but at the same time,I'm pulling for them all the way/I love coming on and having a little fun at teams.Did it with some of the Jackson co faithful in past years when I thought it was Lake Co's year.I do it with Union City and Humboldt.But I know these teams are very good with UC in boys and girls and Humbolt in boys.But have to pull for UC.I dont have that kind of hatred.A lot of Lake Co people feel the same way about dyer co because ods losing students.But i live in Newbern,work with a bunch of them and know even though am unhappy about some of the things that happened,if the student wanted to stay home,it's really on them.Believe it or not.most teams pull for their other teams or district but we have two schools here at dyer co that the majority doesnt pull for.Dyersburg and Dyer Co are both in dyer co and only about 5 miles apart and most of them wouldnt pull for Dyersburg if they were at stste.I hear it at work all the time.Saying they hope dyersburg loses in the tournament.Don't play each other.when they finally did,got into a fight and stopped playing again in all sports with the exception of the softball teams had to play each other in a tournament a couple years ago which went ok.But I'm pulling for the Twisters.

I was in Newbern last night.... Momma's Buffet. Great catfish and the best peach cobbler in the world!!!

Tiger ur a piece of garbage anyway!..U belong to Hater Nation dude! Your just a Tipical Lake Co fan that bleeds Green and Hates UC..But unlike u being a Hater ill be pulling for the Falcons to win this thang in the boys..But with that said I believe UC will win the Gold Ball to shut everybody up from Jackson Co to the Haters in Lake C..46 ta 43 uc

Listen Dude---I don't have any children and I am pulling for Union City. They are a very good basketball team and I hope they win it all. So from this Hater_Nation---go UC. Pull for the Region at this time of year!

I1 was in Newbern last night.... Momma's Buffet. Great catfish and the best peach cobbler in the world!!!

You are very correct the peach cobbler is amazing at momma's.

Goodluck to UC from district 13 A. They have a very talented team that has fought through adversity and still made the ship.....

Congratulations to Union City on a great year even before this game. I want to be the first to say I was wrong about the Union City girls team. I was a doubter, rarely ever does a team lose a for sure Miss Basketball candidate to injury and have had several other injurys and improve as a team but UC did as the season went on. Next I havent given Coach Suiter enough credit for what hes done as a coach bringing young girls alomg and not being tempted to put Amber Fair back in

and risking injury. This has been a total team effort.

District 7A is always loaded with great teams but Union City destroyed Clark Range, I didnt think you could stay with Jackson County early in the year. Right now I truly believe these are the best two teams in the state and its a tossup.

But after the season Union City has had I have to say it looks like this is Union Citys year. Go Tornadoes, Bring the Gold Ball back to 14A!

Not so fast my friend. Never bet against Jackson County and Coach Brown. UC was a worthy opponent and I look for them to be right back next year.