South Pittsburg Football 2013

GCPioneer

Sounds like your a semi oldtimer like me since you know Tim Moore. He's a great guy plus he's a Pirate from the 70's and he know's the game folks. I believe the player's would love to play for him plus it would be great to get back some of that older crowd that doesn't come to the games anymore and I believe Tim being head coach that could happen. I just really don't want anybody that doesn't have ties to SP coming in and maybe tearing the program apart. Whoever is over the new hiring should think about that very seriously bc we've always had a winning tradition at SP.

My thought on this is that maybe grider sees what others can't about the coaches on staff. Marion tried the 'hiring from within' move several times and everyone of those times, it failed. Granted, sp has more talent than mc, but still, with the list of resumes, I would say there will be many with state championships that apply. This is a top 10 job in the state in my opinion. Small school, but turns out more athletes than bigger schools.

Well fellers Old Pirate been studying bout this feuding situation and says the SP folkes sure nuff hate it coach Vic done and retired but figure best to figure out jest what's a few stumbling issues the Pirates have surfured that caused them to lose too many high stakes feuds. 1. Lack....of self discipline by players, who ever.........the next feuding coach is needs to start out of the gate that players WILL be held accountable for their actions. OP watched a couple of specials about Bo Jackson & Barry Sanders the great RB that retired at the height of his career and always showed his class by never spiking the futeball after a TD and always found a ref to hand the ball to. This mess these younguns do shouldn't be tolerated by coaches. The Pirates have become very careless with the ball with fumbles,dropped passes and senseless penalties. It is this Old Pirate's hope the new feuding coach will make the younguns more accountable. OP still remembers them old time gospel tent meetings and them preacher fellers always reminding ma & pa about how sparing the rod spoils the youngun. Figure it's been true & the same since the words were 1st written. Recon the Pirates have often been blessed with speed and talent but OP figures a feller being accountable & disciplined is a Great Talent to be taught too and will far more impact the youngun's character and life than the others. Many talk about how futeball teaches some great life lessons but accountability & displine are two that will take a feller farther! Jest an feller giving an opinion......Good Luck to the New Coach! This Old Pirate is going to step back & watch for a spell...............Happy Holidays to all.... But Always Remember.."If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery and smell never changes"

Edited by OLD PIRATE

I agree great guy and to do what he has done with what he has had to work with is incredible. Vic mentioned wanting someone that was stable and would make a long term commitment to the program for years to come. I predict continued success is just around the corner for the Pirates for years to come. Can't believe it has taken this long for someone to recognize a winner who is proven, a couple bigger schools have passed him over but glad his success has finally been noticed.

I agree great guy and to do what he has done with what he has had to work with is incredible. Vic mentioned wanting someone that was stable and would make a long term commitment to the program for years to come. I predict continued success is just around the corner for the Pirates for years to come. Can't believe it has taken this long for someone to recognize a winner who is proven, a couple bigger schools have passed him over but glad his success has finally been noticed.

Care to share?

creasy's wife wont let him leave tc but he is probally like rankin pay would be to much

I forgot who wears the pants in that house. I bet ole Vic suffered a might severe skillet attack when he went a callin' up to TrouserDale. smiley-sex007hair-1.gif

Recon he'd git the same response up in Benton. After all, what woman in her right mind would want to move from Benton to South Kimball? slaphead.gif

Maybe that feller over at Tyner would be interested.

Trousdale won the state at Cookeville in 2008 and 2009 under Creasy. before that in 2005 and i believe they have 2 more in 3AAA.

They won it in 2008 in Murfreesboro over Jo Byrns. They then repeated in 2009 vs Boyd in Cookeville. They have never won a state championship in 3A ball. They have won it when the state had 3 classes, 5 classss and 6 classes but they were each at the 1A level except for 2009 and it was the 2A title.