South Pittsburg Football 2013

GCPioneer

OP says yea buddy, us fellers is talking some real rockem sockem futeball now! Trivia: Any of you SP younguns remember the basic pass plays? Awh yea, bout time Old Pirate played great gran pappy to some of you peach fuzz faced fellers!

The one that beat Sweetwater in OT,in the North end zone......there's one!

Edited by Southtowner

1984. The days of Jim Layne and Chris Jones. Layne threw it around some during the 1984 season. I remember our old buddy Chris Jones throwing the old 46 pass a couple times. Old #33 was a good one from 1981-1984 for South Pitt. He then went on to play for Buddy Nix at UTC and now is one of the most respected coaches in the CFL.

Anyway enough down memory lane. Time to get back on topic.

Edited by TheAmbassador

OP says yea buddy, us fellers is talking some real rockem sockem futeball now! Trivia: Any of you SP younguns remember the basic pass plays? Awh yea, bout time Old Pirate played great gran pappy to some of you peach fuzz faced fellers!

Mark Allison used to throw a deep and easy pass play to Mack Moore when Mack wold line up at split end.

I think in 1986, Ferrel threw and completed 11 screen passes to the wing back in the semifinal game against Westmoreland. I believe the wingback was Kenemore.

Edited by rlh

I forgot about the quickie right. Most nights in the 80s the sequence of plays went something like this. 46,46,46,47,46,46,46,47,46,46,46,317,46,46,46

LMBO

They had a lot of motion plays in 85, 86 and 87. They would shift into the double wing formation. Ferrel would also take the snap under sender and run a toss play.

the only coach that truly runs the single wing as their main offense is the coach from monterey high school up close to livingston, tennessee. I keep hearing it will be creasey if he wants it, so d0es his wife not want them to move to marion county?

I hope Grider gets that Rankin man to coach our boys. He has won more championships and games than that Creasy man. But that Creasy man did win two championships in a row. You are a real good coach if you can win more than one championship in a row. You think im joking but im not.