South Pittsburg Football 2013

GCPioneer

Looking forward to the new season to see what a real defensive coach can do. The offense is pretty good already. We need D and Stone wasn't up to it. Period

Lol Yeah your probably right. Im sure it had nothing to do with 8 new starters, injuries or the players lacking the ability to tackle and make plays. Before you blamed Danny and now Wes. At what point does it fall on the guys actually trying to tackle? Great Ex. was SM game. The players knew to adjust before every single snap cause they knew what the play was about to be. SM tipped it off by certain formations and they still couldnt stop them. Sometimes u have to learn to crawl before you walk. That group played great when they wanted to and were bad when they didnt. I'm not sure who you are but you obviously aren't a fan of Stone and that's fine, your entitled to that. Hopefully with his pedigree and experience Ross won't have any fans second guessing him

Lol Yeah your probably right. Im sure it had nothing to do with 8 new starters, injuries or the players lacking the ability to tackle and make plays. Before you blamed Danny and now Wes. At what point does it fall on the guys actually trying to tackle? Great Ex. was SM game. The players knew to adjust before every single snap cause they knew what the play was about to be. SM tipped it off by certain formations and they still couldnt stop them. Sometimes u have to learn to crawl before you walk. That group played great when they wanted to and were bad when they didnt. I'm not sure who you are but you obviously aren't a fan of Stone and that's fine, your entitled to that. Hopefully with his pedigree and experience Ross won't have any fans second guessing him

It wasn't preparation I agree!

Old Pirate you says the Pirates is good offensively? Obviously yous a real big time skillet head cause the Pirates ain't even practiced yet nor has the coach chose starters. OP agrees the D was not near as good as the last few years and was due to the loss of 3 starting defenders missing the majority of the season, few real studs, lack of experience & poor tackling. The Pirates were in position to make plays defensively so that indicates the coaches had them prepared.

Didn't miss much. pirate-1.gif

No mention of the sangle wang.

Said he will coach the defense.

Wife is happy to be moving back to Jasper.

I kinda would expect an answer like that from someone from SM or any other school as far as that goes. It was special to US SP people. If Bill Price was on there I'd sure we'd say yeah it wasn't much either.

Unless this coach is bringing players with him you do know who the starters are and no I haven't been afan of Wilson or Stobe. That is my opinion but I have one just like you do Old pirate and Mr Horten. You are also right about we were in position to make plays at times last year but a few more tackling drills instead of studying percentages and schemes could have helped. If Stone wants to stay fine if he wants to take his ball and go home. That's fine too. There's more going on here and you know it.

This thread didn't hardly ever go for 1 hour without a post. Now, the announcement has been made and no one is posting. What the heck is this garbage all about?

It's kinda like sex. The announcement was the big moment. Things kinda "peter" out after that.

Or maybe like dog chasing a car.

Your absolutely right. I saw alot of guys in place to make tackles but this throwing a shoulder thing and not wrapping up just burns me so bad bc I know those guys weren't taught to tackle that way. It's at alot of school's tho. In the last 12-15 year's even if you watch pro,college or HS alot of guys are in the right place but are to scared to lay the boom on someone..Plus the officials are so flag happy and wanna be seen and wanna throw flags for unnecassary roughness on a defenseless player..HOGWASH is what I say!!This is football and not tidly winks. There's a difference I know in spearing but my gosh if you tackle someone to hard now or look at them wrong on the field you get penalized. I guess I'm just old and set in my way's. I just think alot of guy's that play now wouldn't never have made it 10-12 years ago bc they just don't have that hitter mentality and for that reason I don't think it's fair to blame a coach if a guy doesn't make a play. I do blame a coach tho if he leave's that same player in the game and it keeps happning over and over..