South Pittsburg Football 2013

GCPioneer

Easy Big Fella I was just asking. I thought you were insinuating that Coach Heath called the plays. Watching on Friday night it was always Vic talking to a kid sending a play in the game. I wish he could have sent in just one more 3 yard play in the last game and we could have won a great game and defensive battle 15-14 and had another gold ball.

He obviously doesn't know the difference. Heath has never called plays at SP and anyone that would think that SP as well as NJ would inteview someone that was a bad coach then consider them a finalist for Head Coach. Idk how to even respond to anything else he says. Having to deal with fans like that is the only negative for Ross. Hopefully the wall fans will take it easy on him

TH,any idea who will be the offensive play caller...after hearing Coach Ross speak on the radio show,he's more comfortable with the defensive side of the ball play calling...any word of any staff changes?

No idea to soon to tell. If everyone stays it will be him, Heath or Wes. With him doing Defense it might be hard to do offense. Or he might keep Wes on D and put Heath as OC and overlook both who knows. I will be surprised if there isn't some shake up on the staff though and another brought in or somebody leave, retire or move on

No idea to soon to tell. If everyone stays it will be him, Heath or Wes. With him doing Defense it might be hard to do offense. Or he might keep Wes on D and put Heath as OC and overlook both who knows. I will be surprised if there isn't some shake up on the staff though and another brought in or somebody leave, retire or move on

Let's hope they all stay. Regardless of what anyone including 2 Legit thinks. I believe SP had a good coaching staff. After the new hire of Coach Ross, I think it's still a good staff. I for one hope everyone stays in place.

Old Pirate says as a coach grows older the fire isn't as hot in the furnace either in the bedroom or on the playing field as when a feller is younger. That is the prime reason OP says a younger coach usually has more fire & is what the Pirates need! Not a older feller trying to prove he still has it but finds out he usually needs an assistant wearing blue......LOPAO.......

Roy, you is a tad slow feller. Ain't you ever heard of "Code Blue"......don't recon you have a skillet slinger or least one that regularly visits the TNTBSUS (Trying Not To Be So Ugly Shop - for you uneducated fellers). Dad burnit, with all this talk about the single wing & futeball really gets the blood flowing. Jest here the other day, ain't sure which, Old Pirate was caught walking around the cave in the ole jock, well with the blood pumping fast from all this here single wing talk OP got right excited. Well the SS came in and saw that OP showed signs of his excitement and then declared a "Code Blue". Pert near sent OP to the ER too......LOPAO...... Zzzzzzzzz dad burnit fellers, ain't so sure Roy can understand anything that ain't in his Murphy or ain't on Murphy's pole....Old Pirate ain't joking neither..... Point is this: Old fellers need a HEEP of encouragement & help to really get....excited, a young coach wakes up every morning with excitement. You old fellers remember them days when you could wake up and know your assistant was ready for the day.....LOPAO.....

Is a blue pill associated with a code blue there OP. At your age just saying.....

Dad burnit feller, jest where in the cat hair have you been? Recon Old Pirate is having to always edd-you-cate you fellers!

LOPOWOAO....................Zzzzzzzzzzzzz....BTW, for you fellers that ain't quick...Laughing Old Pirate's Old Wrinkled Old Axx Off................pert near have to edd-you-cate you youngons all the time!

Welcome Coach Rick to the Speedway!

Edited by OLD PIRATE

from what I thought he was saying,in the interview, was he would feel more comfortable calling the defense but indicated, that could change as others learned the way he wanted to do things.

It is way too early for anyone to know , including the new coach, how all this will shake out. I think we are in good hands and I also think it will probally be spring practice before he has a chance to evaluate players and coaches....be patient everyone....all is ok in Pirate Land!! Lets get ready for a new era, the future is bright!!!

Yep,that's what I took from it as well as stated in an earlier post..I did lose the signal a couple times...he's more comfortable on the defensive side of the ball play calling...but could see himself getting away from that as others learn the system he will implement..the 30 stack

Thanks for the response TH....I would like to see Stone stay but I think he's ready to take that next step and should take it when the opportunity arises...There's a lot of us Stoneans on here and I for one wish him the best of luck wherever he is...he's a good one!!!

Old Pirate didn't say the Pirates were without play makers but the number was not as years past and lost 2 players early that would have helped. Given the injury bug hadn't hit the Pirates the last 2 years OP feels the trophy case would have had a couple more gold balls. Offensively the Pirates had several but defensively were below standards. Feller you should know about that. Jasper had several offensive play makers but lacked play makers on D. Playmakers are not always RBs but tacklers and players that consistantly are in the right place to make plays. S. Mitchell and P. Mosely were huge losses for the Pirates on D-yes they were play makers. Look back to the Pirates defeat to TC on the Creekbank, the Pirates had play makers on both sides of the ball but that night the play makers failed the team with dropped passes penalties.

You've had freakin Mr. Football finalists every year... No playmakers??? My freakin butt

I honestly can't believe you said lack of playmakers. I honestly think it was more a case of being spoiled. Players, coaches, and fans are spoiled. I can go back too and tell you a story but it is a waste of time. I am looking forward to this change. Maybe we will focus more on basics on defense because like I said before the offense will handle itself. We have the majority of our linemen back another year in the weight room and hopefully hungrier. So let's get ready and quit defending Wesley so much.

Old Pirate agrees with this point but with success comes complaciancy. The new coach will add some new ideas and energy. He sounds like a quality individual...

You've had freakin Mr. Football finalists every year... No playmakers??? My freakin butt

AGAIN.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................OP never said NO playmakers. You Jasper fellers have a difficult time with reading comprehension. Yes the Pirates have been blessed with some quality players. The Mr. Football stuff is a bunch of mess as a whole with a bunch of sports writers voting and is a popularity contest. Take Paul Horning (who passed away today) was more popular than Johnny Majors, Ryan Leaf was more popular than Peyton Manning too. Point here is play makers are far more than Mr. Football nominees. Recon us fellers knows why the study manuals ain't helping you Jasper fellers with the studding issue up there, kinda like the old uneducated country boy, he was only around chickens & farm animals and when he went to the out house that was equiped with a Sears Robuck catalog, he weren't interested in the reading atall. but looking at the pictures gave him hope! LOPAO.................................. Edited by OLD PIRATE

He said Ross plans on making everyone work out year-round, even if they play other sports. My son also plays baseball and it looks like he'll have to report to the weight-training room at 6 or 6:30 in the morning. Before, only the football players not playing other sports had to work out. So Ross definitely plans on building a better machine.

Sounds like he and coach mac are on the same page.........