South Pittsburg Football 2013

GCPioneer

Who's squirming. Like we've tried to tell you more than once to the Pirate fans you could be Whitwell calling yourself Marion county or even Richard city. Jasper which is on the exit sign coming from grand view as I go home everyday. I live in Jasper which is part of Marion county and you call us arrogant. We are just proud to be The South Pittsburg Pirates

Who's squirming. Like we've tried to tell you more than once to the Pirate fans you could be Whitwell calling yourself Marion county or even Richard city. Jasper which is on the exit sign coming from grand view as I go home everyday. I live in Jasper which is part of Marion county and you call us arrogant. We are just proud to be The South Pittsburg Pirates

Mr. Legit. When did u graduate from SP?

Y'all playing Jasper Alabama, Jasper Georgia or Jasper Indiana? Aint no Jasper high school around these parts. I ain't worried about who you hire as a football coach From my seat in the bleachers I can't do anything to affect the outcome of the game, other than cheer on the Marion County Warriors! I do, however, enjoy the heck out of watching the fine fans of the SP Pirates squirm while playing this waiting game to see who their THIRD coach of this school year will be. :)

Purplegrad, what kind of mess is this? You mean to tell me that McCurry man lets his coaches sit in the bleachers during games? How can you tell your boys what to do if you are sitting in the bleachers? I looked in my Murphy Fair again and you cant lie to me. Those Marion boys have not won a championship since 1995. You think im joking but im not. Purplegrad, do you no if that McCurry man has been working on his survey for Murphys book that comes out in a few months?

I got it back on track... Roy, OP and their illegitimate son got me chasing rabbits for a bit... It's all good now.

Dad burnit PG, Old PIrate ain't attempted to rattle them Jasper cages in a while, jest recon ifin a feller rattles them good...it lasts forever.........................LOPAO.........Zzzzzzzzzzzzz......................yep, recon so.......

Y'all playing Jasper Alabama, Jasper Georgia or Jasper Indiana? Aint no Jasper high school around these parts. I ain't worried about who you hire as a football coach From my seat in the bleachers I can't do anything to affect the outcome of the game, other than cheer on the Marion County Warriors! I do, however, enjoy the heck out of watching the fine fans of the SP Pirates squirm while playing this waiting game to see who their THIRD coach of this school year will be. :)

You fellers counting coaches best keep quite, SP don't want to learn how to run as many as you Jasper folkes have. As for OP, a coach ain't never a real coach until the youngons hit the field!

just a thought that might make pirate fans feel a little bit better, you guys may have landed a really top notch coach but due to the timing the new coach will ride out the rest of the year, and contract and the school they are presently working out. the pirates have enough coaches on staff to go through a spring camp if needed and then the other guy takes over at the end of may....you have to think that vic and the powers that be will be very attentive to the second hire and have it nailed down like shutters in a tornado...for that fact they could come out with a big hire tomorrow but the other scenario couldl also happen, you all will get a good coach one way or another and since there is a great debate of having a teaching slot open until the principal ship is decided they would have no where to go until the end of their contract is up in may anyway...further than 50 or 60 miles away would make for a very long commute if you were teaching at another school meaning that football practice might not start until 4 or 4:30...i bet you have someone good coming, it is just logistically a tough situation for a coach to leave school with a little more than a month of school left, especially if there is no money in the budget to pay them...just another thought from a man desperate to start spring football himself

just a thought that might make pirate fans feel a little bit better, you guys may have landed a really top notch coach but due to the timing the new coach will ride out the rest of the year, and contract and the school they are presently working out. the pirates have enough coaches on staff to go through a spring camp if needed and then the other guy takes over at the end of may....you have to think that vic and the powers that be will be very attentive to the second hire and have it nailed down like shutters in a tornado...for that fact they could come out with a big hire tomorrow but the other scenario couldl also happen, you all will get a good coach one way or another and since there is a great debate of having a teaching slot open until the principal ship is decided they would have no where to go until the end of their contract is up in may anyway...further than 50 or 60 miles away would make for a very long commute if you were teaching at another school meaning that football practice might not start until 4 or 4:30...i bet you have someone good coming, it is just logistically a tough situation for a coach to leave school with a little more than a month of school left, especially if there is no money in the budget to pay them...just another thought from a man desperate to start spring football himself

now volsrock is onto the information I have heard :popcorneater:

now volsrock is onto the information I have heard :popcorneater:

you guys are right weight lifting and spring practice are important but can be taken care of the assistant coaches. Right now one pretty much knows what you have in place with the the Pirates so take your time and find a quality coach and teacher.

Ummm pretty sure Marion County's trophy case has been added to since SPitt's has.... You think I'm joking.. But that's what ya get for doing something you're not use too.

This is a football thread. And the fact is, no gold in Jasper since the K.C. and the Sunshine Band. SP has never had a head coach during the playoff era that didn't put at least 1 gold ball in the case.

Edited by rlh

This is a football thread. And the fact is, no gold in Jasper since the K.C. and the Sunshine Band. SP has never had a head coach during the playoff era that didn't put at least 1 gold ball in the case.

This is true. Marion has had a tough time since the KC era. However leadership means a lot. MCHS has leadership in place to become relevant again in all aspects of the HS.. Be careful of how you talk about MCHS.. Everything happens in cycles.. From the looks of things, if leadership at SP doesn't hurry and get established, they'll run into a stretch of tough years.. Being a county guy, I wish them the best.. Can anybody tell me how many times SP beat MCHS in the 80s and 90s? This is when leadership at MCHS was great.. The leadership is in place for some great years to come at MCHS..