9-AAA Prediction time

SCBisondad

How was Beech's football facilities paid for? Did they not raise their own funds without tax money?

It was said Beech got $603,000 (softball fieldhouse, gym bleachers, new football lights) not for football facilities. Still frivolous spending on SB fieldhouse, other things were needed. Do you think Beech supporters will join in now?

I agree with the above RealTruth statements.

The County Commissioners do in fact approve the funds for new schools. Look for Phillips to start a push for a new high school around the Cottontown area. I for one do not think it is needed if you create better zones and existing school upgrades.

I do not see large schools such as Rutherford County or Wilson County unless there are some new people voted in. A new school is not needed. Numbers speak for themselves. Policy needs to be revised.

I was referring to the Beech boosters raising money for their facilities when they were built in the early 80's, so I was informed this morning.

Numbers help, but the reason why Rutherford County is a great place in all sports is the priorities that each schools respective administrations give to athletics. Most football coaches are given a blank check (metaphorically) to do whatever it takes to be successful.

I was also informed that Rutherford Co while similar in size to Sumner, prioritizes money to the school board more so than Sumner. Thus they build high schools for growth and have money for athletics. Not sure about the pay rate between the two.

I was also informed that Rutherford Co while similar in size to Sumner, prioritizes money to the school board more so than Sumner. Thus they build high schools for growth and have money for athletics. Not sure about the pay rate between the two.

They probably do. Like I said, Rutherford County puts alot into their schools. Big reason why parents and teachers alike want to move here. Wouldnt think there is a big change in the pay rate

How was Beech's football facilities paid for? Did they not raise their own funds without tax money?

I agree with the above RealTruth statements.

The County Commissioners do in fact approve the funds for new schools. Look for Phillips to start a push for a new high school around the Cottontown area. I for one do not think it is needed if you create better zones and existing

school upgrades.

I do not see large schools such as Rutherford County or Wilson County unless there are some new people voted in.

I believe the field house was built with money donated from a family of a former Beech student.Some stadium upgrades come from winning 2 State Titles I would think. Hendersonville/Goodlettsville businesses like being associated while the school is successful on the field.

Interesting read from short time ago. Notice percentages of local funding. Be sure to click on the Sumner County Board of Education PDF.

www.sumnerschools.org/budget-faq.pdf

Edited by TheRealTruth

This seems like a lot of GHS supporters complaining to me. Correction...a few.

Let's all be honest, a lot of the zoning is how it is because people living in the areas in question would rather have their kids at SC schools. Many of those people bought houses in the SC zone (at the time) and are not happy about the thought of being rezoned.

Contrary to what Gallatin supporters want to believe, I truly don't think zoning has anything to do with athletics. Politics, socioeconomics? Perhaps.

Now please continue the complaining. While it holds no water, it's fun to read.

Numbers help, but the reason why Rutherford County is a great place in all sports is the priorities that each schools respective administrations give to athletics. Most football coaches are given a blank check (metaphorically) to do whatever it takes to be successful. 

Sumner County is a great place for school sports as well with many schools and a variety of sports having great success on the state level. While Sumner County does very well academically and athletically, money for schools is not as much a priority as Wilson, Rutherford, Davidson and Williamson counties. Furthermore, athletics is down the list of priority.  People must realize that athletics offer intrinsic motivation for academic achievement.

They probably do. Like I said, Rutherford County puts alot into their schools. Big reason why parents and teachers alike want to move here. Wouldnt think there is a big change in the pay rate

http://www.teateachers.org/sumner-county-salary-schedule

http://www.teateachers.org/rutherford-county-salary-schedule

Coaches stipends are overall better in Rutherford vs. Sumner as well.

This seems like a lot of GHS supporters complaining to me. Correction...a few.

Let's all be honest, a lot of the zoning is how it is because people living in the areas in question would rather have their kids at SC schools. Many of those people bought houses in the SC zone (at the time) and are not happy about the thought of being rezoned.

Contrary to what Gallatin supporters want to believe, I truly don't think zoning has anything to do with athletics. Politics, socioeconomics? Perhaps.

Now please continue the complaining. While it holds no water, it's fun to read.

I am for Sumner County first and a Gallatin supporter second. Zoning is an issue, funding is a bigger issue. If you did read all posts, the field house rhetoric was a minor detail to the topic at hand and obviously struck a nerve. This topic was never solely about Gallatin and Station Camp but was turned into that very thing with the help of SC supporters as well.   

And let's all be honest, the great majority of those folks in Gallatin that are zoned for SC lived there before SC was built. Sure the area has grown and not simply due to the fact that parents would rather their kids go to SC. If you wish to believe GHS is less than SCHS, that is your ignorance. Both are very good schools and anyone who wants to say otherwise delights in creating bias. You may need to step down from your horse and take off your rose colored glasses and see I, as a Gallatin supporter, am not against the school of Station Camp or it's students except on the scoreboard when our teams play.

As for zoning, it has much to do with politics and socioeconomics. If you require a GHS and SC example, here it is: I know why the homes across from Howard Elementary which is a low income neighborhood and is tenths of a mile to GHS are zoned for SC. It is an attempt to balance out free and reduced lunches amongst schools.

While it does hold water in this thread and in meetings with county commissioners and school board members, you sat boorish and uninformed.      

Edited by TheRealTruth

I am for Sumner County first and a Gallatin supporter second. Zoning is an issue, funding is a bigger issue. If you did read all posts, the field house rhetoric was a minor detail to the topic at hand and obviously struck a nerve. This topic was never solely about Gallatin and Station Camp but was turned into that very thing with the help of SC supporters as well.

And let's all be honest, the great majority of those folks in Gallatin that are zoned for SC lived there before SC was built. Sure the area has grown and not simply due to the fact that parents would rather their kids go to SC. If you wish to believe GHS is less than SCHS, that is your ignorance. Both are very good schools and anyone who wants to say otherwise delights in creating bias. You may need to step down from your horse and take off your rose colored glasses and see I, as a Gallatin supporter, am not against the school of Station Camp or it's students except on the scoreboard when our teams play.

As for zoning, it has much to do with politics and socioeconomics. If you require a GHS and SC example, here it is: I know why the homes across from Howard Elementary which is a low income neighborhood and is tenths of a mile to GHS are zoned for SC. It is an attempt to balance out free and reduced lunches amongst schools.

While it does hold water in this thread and in meetings with county commissioners and school board members, you sat boorish and uninformed.

I'm not uniformed, I just think you kids are funny. You complain about what it does to your precious Gallatin and how it's unfair to "the rest of the county". Well, I don't see the rest of the county complaining. I see Gallatin complaining. Zoning isn't about athletics, don't make it out as such, even if it has an effect.