9-AAA Prediction time

SCBisondad

I guess you heard that Beech was accusing Hendersonville folks of stealing the State championship trophies before they were found at Beech. Lots of bad blood and several incidents during the week of their football game. Luckily it hasn't gotten that bad with SC yet.

I'm good with bad blood and things even getting a little out of hand at times, but whining, complaining and accusation of cheating throughout a program and administration is ridiculous. These things are cyclic and not being able to beat SC the last couple of years has brought out all the complaints. I'm over it. This thread was supposed to be about all of 9AAA and has turned into Gallatin bashing SC.

Edited by eers

I'm good with bad blood and things even getting a little out of hand at times, but whining, complaining and accusation of cheating throughout a program and administration is ridiculous. These things are cyclic and not being able to beat SC the last couple of years has brought out all the complaints. I'm over it. This thread was supposed to be about all of 9AAA and has turned into Gallatin bashing SC.

Actually if you read everything that has been said, restoring more sensible zoning helps SC. It down loads the overcrowding issue. It helps build a viable community for SC. Things that have been purposed does nothing but help SC not tear it down. Does it make more sense for Gallatin sure but it helps both schools but mostly SC.

Zoning is always a complaint. I remember when Beech was first built, the split line for Hendersonville was originally set at Gallatin Rd. then a lot of people in Hville complained about their children being bussed to Beech when they lived 1 or 2 miles from HHS. So money talked and the BOE moved the line to the CSX railroad tracks.

The current zoning lines are crazy, but the not much that Sumner Co. does makes sense most of the time.

Excellent post.

Let's respect our opponent and accuse them of cheating, recruiting, etc. I hope y'all aren't teaching that at GHS, it got y'all nowhere!

I can play this game all night!

Yes, I said it right the first time, respect your opponent and to stand up for what you believe is right regardless how difficult the path lay before you. Seems this discussion has come full circle and you began this mockery. Bad blood, sure. Out of hand, okay. No complaints on what happens on the field, it is cyclical. Who is bashing whom? 

Do you think the accusations to be black and white? Do you think the county would continue to pursue something to be viewed so negative amongst schools? Do you think the TSSAA always makes perfect judgment in all they do? Do you need only blame Gallatin and it's administration? Are you that naive? Do you think the young man wanted to leave Gallatin? 

The answer to all is no unless you truly are naive. A coach who shall remain nameless was in contact with that family persuading the change citing better opportunities to play a certain position. It was brought forth by a willing video testimony by a family member. That same coach was witnessed by many discussing coming to Station Camp to a middle school QB zoned for Gallatin prior to a JV game at Gallatin. Shortly after, the TSSAA was contacted. Discussions between schools had previously been disengaged over these topics. Believe what you will and ask who you must.

Are the administrators and coaches good people at Station Camp? Of course and transgressions by an individual do not define a school, a team or the coaches as a whole. Are the administrators and coaches good people at Gallatin? Of course and this "accusation" does not define a school, a team or the coaches as a whole. Frankly, I am glad those young men were allowed the opportunity to finish their year. They worked hard through blood, sweat and tears and deserve to see their efforts completed. Though a difficult issue for both schools, it should not repeat itself. The young man has since adjusted, has many friends at both schools and has been at two Gallatin basketball games this year. If he can press on, surely we all can.

Zoning is always a complaint. I remember when Beech was first built, the split line for Hendersonville was originally set at Gallatin Rd. then a lot of people in Hville complained about their children being bussed to Beech when they lived 1 or 2 miles from HHS. So money talked and the BOE moved the line to the CSX railroad tracks.

The current zoning lines are crazy, but the not much that Sumner Co. does makes sense most of the time.

Thank you for confirming this.

Based on having 2 of the top returning players in the state in T Malone and Anderton I would say SC would be the favorite. Not in any particular order MJ, Beech, WC, Hville, And Gallatin in positions 2-6 with Lebanon and Portland bringing up the rear.

MJ- I am thinking last year was a fluke and they will be much better in 2014. Very good QB in Chowbay and a really good group of Soph coming up.

Beech- The VanZant brothers take over at TB and with the Bucs returning most of the OL they should be better

WC- Angel and Johnson are back along with the O tackle Juhnke. Can they find a QB to replace Rountree. Well coached team.

Hville- Returns 8 starters on O and 3 on D. Who will play FB? Lots of young talent that must step especially on the front 7 on D.

Lebanon- starting backfield is back along with big TE Crutchfield. Must find OL and DL.

Portland- good luck to the new coach. Good RB's in House and Dixon.

Based on having 2 of the top returning players in the state in T Malone and Anderton I would say SC would be the favorite. Not in any particular order MJ, Beech, WC, Hville, And Gallatin in positions 2-6 with Lebanon and Portland bringing up the rear.

MJ- I am thinking last year was a fluke and they will be much better in 2014. Very good QB in Chowbay and a really good group of Soph coming up.

Beech- The VanZant brothers take over at TB and with the Bucs returning most of the OL they should be better

WC- Angel and Johnson are back along with the O tackle Juhnke. Can they find a QB to replace Rountree. Well coached team.

Hville- Returns 8 starters on O and 3 on D. Who will play FB? Lots of young talent that must step especially on the front 7 on D.

Lebanon- starting backfield is back along with big TE Crutchfield. Must find OL and DL.

Forgot Gallatin- remember the name Jordan Mason, the soph TB. Big and fast. My Gallatin friends say Meador the QB will surprise. Looks like the Wave got their Mojo back last year and they should at least repeat last year. Need to stay away from injuries.

Forgot Gallatin- remember the name Jordan Mason, the soph TB. Big and fast. My Gallatin friends say Meador the QB will surprise. Looks like the Wave got their Mojo back last year and they should at least repeat last year. Need to stay away from injuries.

I was thinking Hendersonville maybe the favorite going into 2014 with all the starters they have returning on offense and the young talent coming up from the last few seasons.

MJ will have a strong senior class with great leadership. Backfield will be more talented. O line will be a question mark; but that has been the case the last two years. Returning 5 starters on O. Defense should be the strength of the team. Returning 8 starters on D. A lot of experience returning.

Bears should be in contention for the 9AAA title. Team chemistry and leadership is already better than at any time last year according to one coach. I was told  this is the hardest working team that MJ has had over all. Not any true superstars; but many very good players that are all about team.

Last year  has left this team hungry and feeling they have a lot to prove. Coaching staff has a year of experience and to settle in and get comfortable with responsibilities.

GO BEARS !