9-AAA Prediction time

SCBisondad

MJ will have a strong senior class with great leadership. Backfield will be more talented. O line will be a question mark; but that has been the case the last two years. Returning 5 starters on O. Defense should be the strength of the team. Returning 8 starters on D. A lot of experience returning.

Bears should be in contention for the 9AAA title. Team chemistry and leadership is already better than at any time last year according to one coach. I was told  this is the hardest working team that MJ has had over all. Not any true superstars; but many very good players that are all about team.

Last year  has left this team hungry and feeling they have a lot to prove. Coaching staff has a year of experience and to settle in and get comfortable with responsibilities.

GO BEARS !

Sounds like things are moving good in Bear Country BKisler.

What is up with the offensive line?  Talent/coaching? 

I have a friend that keeps me up to date with the Bears from time to time.  He said that the kids are working extremely hard.  Hope it stays that way.

NoWay, the team is working their tails off and having fun doing it. I have been told that they have never had a group work as hard as what this group of young men are doing. I know how excited my son gets when he tells me what they what they are doing.

As for the O line; size and experience have been the biggest issues. I think there will be a couple of sophomores starting; but I think a lot will depend on what they are able to accomplish in the weight room and how much they mature . Coach Grah is an excellent line coach. He will get the most out of them.

Coaches have always felt this upcoming senior class is very special. What they don't have in size they make up for in football IQ, talent, heart and effort.

Thanks SCBisondad. I know my son's senior will fly by. Do you have one playing? The Bears have a line backer coach ( Coach Bo ) coming back this year. He didn't coach last year; but had been on the staff for the last previous seasons.

MJ is looking forward to the SC game this year; especially after how last year's game went. And the Hendersonville and Gallatin games as well.

Pride, Chowbay has looked very good in the 7 on 7s. The bears have good size on the out side with Cartmel and Bradshaw. Hyder ( spelling ) may have best hands ( Along with Mahler ) on the team and runs great routes. Khoury gives Chowbay a big target in the middle and is really catching the ball well. Kyle Smith is getting settled in and looks really good in the back field. He will have a BIG year and is a jr. Cheatham has been very impressive . Douglas, Hoper, Mahler, Jackson and Sears all have a lot of talent and have been making big plays.. The Bear offense will surprise teams this year. The D has been very good; especially vs very athletic teams. They are very aggressive and physical. They will be much better with pads on then in 7 on 7. All DBs and LBs have had picks. The D is young; but very talented. Looks like they will start 5 Sr's and 6 Jr's on D.

Update on MT Juliet from last summer before the 2013 season. Will it really be better in 2014? Who beside Chowbay is back? Beware, the Bison are loaded again in 2014

They will be much better. Chowbay, Smith, Mahler, Jackson, Hoper are all back from last year's back field. Will have to two starters back on O line from last year. Bears were really hurt when they lost Chowbay for the year. Really made MJ one dimensional and then a few discipline issues and more injuries compounded things.

Glad to hear that the Bison will have another strong team next year. Looking forward to game vs Bison at MJ.

Thanks SCBisondad. I know my son's senior will fly by. Do you have one playing? The Bears have a line backer coach ( Coach Bo ) coming back this year. He didn't coach last year; but had been on the staff for the last previous seasons.

MJ is looking forward to the SC game this year; especially after how last year's game went. And the Hendersonville and Gallatin games as well.

yes I do. He's played the lat 3 years for the Bison youth. He'll be playing middle school this next year. Proud of my son and the rest of the Bison 11-12 year olds. The last 3 years these (12 year olds) have produced 2 championships and 1 runner up. I'm gonna miss helping coach these guys.