7AAA predictions and expectations

BKisler

7AANetwork,

Really great job on your site. I'm curious about the roster that you have for Riverdale. Do you know how accurate it is? Haven't seen one posted and only saw about half that many players when I stopped by spring practice (for a very short visit which is all I saw in the spring).

It's possible that we all 'might' be selling Riverdale a little short. The one thing I expect them to have back are enough quality linemen. If that holds true, a lot of other things get easier. I also think there's some talent in the skill positions that we've seen flashes of. Those guys have to step up know, be starters, and do it on every play. We'll see if they can do that.

Murphy Fair's poll had Riverdale highly ranked. Is that just from reputation or did they show something in spring scrimmages that got somebody's attention. I have no idea who they scrimmaged and how those scrimmages went. It's almost like the program is being run in 'top secret' mode.

At any rate, great job on the site...look forward to seeing more.

I got that roster from Riverdale page on Hudl, My apologies if it is not correct. Ill be the first person to eat crow if Riverdale finishes higher than 4th, but I just dont see it. Finishing 6th isnt crazy, but it is unlikely, provided Odom is healthy.

Murphy Fair's poll is just off reputation. If memory serves me correctly, Oakland was 4th in that poll last year. Our district, IMO, gets too much respect and is just assumed that as a whole we will reload every year. Its hard to replicate years like 2010.

I agree with ya 7AAA. This is a tough district to play in but we haven't sent a team to state final in a couple of years much less won one. We do manage get one to semis a lot. But right now the east and west are having their fun. But from what I hear about Oakland it could be a different story.

I got that roster from Riverdale page on Hudl, My apologies if it is not correct. Ill be the first person to eat crow if Riverdale finishes higher than 4th, but I just dont see it. Finishing 6th isnt crazy, but it is unlikely, provided Odom is healthy.

Murphy Fair's poll is just off reputation. If memory serves me correctly, Oakland was 4th in that poll last year. Our district, IMO, gets too much respect and is just assumed that as a whole we will reload every year. Its hard to replicate years like 2010.

Before now, I never even knew hudl existed. Your prediction on Riverdale's season is probably pretty accurate based on where they were at the end of last season and just where the program seems to be. But like I said, if they do have enough good linemen the chances of bettering that 5th to 6th place finish improve.

Before now, I never even knew hudl existed. Your prediction on Riverdale's season is probably pretty accurate based on where they were at the end of last season and just where the program seems to be. But like I said, if they do have enough good linemen the chances of bettering that 5th to 6th place finish improve.

I recommend that you get acquainted with it. It is a tremendous football resource.

But given the balance of the district this year, I could see 5 teams going to the playoffs. Even LaVergne should fair decently outside of the district.

Certainly makes things a great deal tougher for Warriors if he does not play. Anybody seen their respective teams practice these first 4 days?

I was at Tuesdays and Wednesdays afternoon sessions. Tuesday was pretty rough on the receivers, to many drops to count. Yesterday was much better. I would love to be at yall's place in the morning and I'm really looking forward to Friday at 6:00 to see how we react.

We are Blackman! It's almost click clack time! :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

I was at Tuesdays and Wednesdays afternoon sessions. Tuesday was pretty rough on the receivers, to many drops to count. Yesterday was much better. I would love to be at yall's place in the morning and I'm really looking forward to Friday at 6:00 to see how we react.

We are Blackman! It's almost click clack time! :popcorneater:

Oakland has 4 scrimmage dates prior to the jamboree, im sure you will get another chance