7AAA predictions and expectations

BKisler

Everybody in the district is familiar with Malone. The key is holding him up at the line and getting pressure on the QB. Give them time and its like Rod Wilkes all over again.

Not sure Rod is the same type talent as Malone. But I get your point, they both can put it in the end zone on you in a hurry. However, I think Malone is on another level. They were about the same size, Malone being a bit taller and Rod being a bit heavier. However, Malone has a few more Major college offers and is ranked much higher national as a receiver. I think Rod was somewhere in the 60's and Malone is 16. Mostly Malone's is more athletic then Rod. He's faster then Rod, in fact Malone can flat out fly. His ability to stretch the field, his body control and ability to high point the ball is just at a different level then Rod. I think Rod is special and he was one of the few highly recruited kids in Mid-TN and I loved watching him play but Malone is just on another level.

Everybody in the district is familiar with Malone. The key is holding him up at the line and getting pressure on the QB. Give them time and its like Rod Wilkes all over again.

We had a junior on him man on man most of the night. This particular junior has not played much. Trail by fire. Sometimes you are the hammer and sometimes you are the nail. He was the nail most of the night. I think he learned a lot about himself.

Better to learn those things in a pre-season scrimmage (glorified practice session) than later in a real game.  Stewie coach Martin should send a "thank you" note to McGavock.  They got Stewie's D-line to jump offsides three times on 3rd and short in the first qtr. of last night's scrimmage with the QB's hard count.  It lead directly to McG's first TD. 

I'm not sure what the final tally was, I had to leave and run an errand before it was over with McGavock ahead 13-7.  Stewie's top RB was dressed but had not played when I took off - the guy who gashed Page and BGA for huge yards.  McGavock has the ability to break long plays but they seem to get called for holding quite a bit too.

Edited by nrgrizzlies

I'm sure I'm not alone on this one but I'm getting so excited for Friday. I know it's not for real and we won't see much but its 7AAA football. Looking forward to seeing some of the teams I haven't seen so far this per season. Like Blackman and Siegel. I've seen Oakland, LaVergne and Smyrna and was impressed with the improvement of both Lavergne and Smyrna. Should be a fun game to watch early in the season. I also have not seen Riverdale but from what I've heard we should not expect to see the usual powerful Squad. Not sure what to think of them. And of courses I'm excited to see what Stewart Creek can do year one of their program. Not expecting much but you never know.

I like Oakland to take the district with Siegel and Blackman fighting for 2nd. Smyrna, Riverdale and Yes, LaVergne will be fighting for that all important 4th spot with SC at the bottom this year. I think you will have at least 4 of this districts teams in the post season. Maybe 5 but that will require 2 of those 3 schools fighting for the 4th spot to win almost all their non district games.

I'm sure I'm not alone on this one but I'm getting so excited for Friday. I know it's not for real and we won't see much but its 7AAA football. Looking forward to seeing some of the teams I haven't seen so far this per season. Like Blackman and Siegel. I've seen Oakland, LaVergne and Smyrna and was impressed with the improvement of both Lavergne and Smyrna. Should be a fun game to watch early in the season. I also have not seen Riverdale but from what I've heard we should not expect to see the usual powerful Squad. Not sure what to think of them. And of courses I'm excited to see what Stewart Creek can do year one of their program. Not expecting much but you never know.

I like Oakland to take the district with Siegel and Blackman fighting for 2nd. Smyrna, Riverdale and Yes, LaVergne will be fighting for that all important 4th spot with SC at the bottom this year. I think you will have at least 4 of this districts teams in the post season. Maybe 5 but that will require 2 of those 3 schools fighting for the 4th spot to win almost all their non district games.

Hard to take LaVergne seriously until they take down Smyrna. Theyre schedule sets up well, but ive been optimistic about LaVergne before and got burned. To me, Smyrna is the clear choice for 4th, at this moment

Hard to take LaVergne seriously until they take down Smyrna. Theyre schedule sets up well, but ive been optimistic about LaVergne before and got burned. To me, Smyrna is the clear choice for 4th, at this moment

I see your logic and understand your hesitation to not think much of LaVergne. And to be honest I have my doubts due to the bad defense I saw at the 4 team scrimmage at PJP2. But I just have a hunch they may get something going this year. I wouldn't put my house on it though.

I see your logic and understand your hesitation to not think much of LaVergne. And to be honest I have my doubts due to the bad defense I saw at the 4 team scrimmage at PJP2. But I just have a hunch they may get something going this year. I wouldn't put my house on it though.

Now they beat Smyrna, and win the first few games after that, then Ill be singing a different tune. I really like they have going on offense, but like you, I question their defense. Gotta have it in this district.