7AAA predictions and expectations

BKisler

Siegel was definitely the most impressive or Lavergne was the least impressive.

None of the other teams stood out that much.  All the teams look like really good teams except Lavergne.

So from this jamboree, I predict:

1. Siegel

2. Whoever wins Blackman/Oakland game

3. Whoever loses Blackman/Oakland game

4. Whoever wins Riverdale Smyrna game

5. Whoever loses Riverdale/Smyrna game

6. Whoever wins Lavergne/ Stewarts Creek game

7. Whoever loses Lavergne/Stewarts Creek game

Siegel was definitely the most impressive or Lavergne was the least impressive.

None of the other teams stood out that much.  All the teams look like really good teams except Lavergne.

So from this jamboree, I predict:

1. Siegel

2. Whoever wins Blackman/Oakland game

3. Whoever loses Blackman/Oakland game

4. Whoever wins Riverdale Smyrna game

5. Whoever loses Riverdale/Smyrna game

6. Whoever wins Lavergne/ Stewarts Creek game

7. Whoever loses Lavergne/Stewarts Creek game

I really think this is Oakland's year even though Sea Gull and BHS are very good.

Once the shine is off the apple for Riverdale, I think they may start to fall toward the bottom of the district in a few years.  Plus, every year that Stewie goes through weight program, spring practice, etc. is a year they will move up a notch the following fall, bumping somebody else down a notch.  Oakland has lots of young talent to tide them over for a while, but the three newest schools -  Siegel, Blackman, and (eventually) Stewie could become every year powers.

Five years from now?  Smyrna, LaVergne, and Riverdale could be battling each other to stay out of last place.  I know this news will bother Riverdale fans and can't blame them if they get upset that somebody said it, but look... Smyrna went 1-9 just a few years after back-to-back gold balls and that one win was undeserved.  All the tradition in the world can't guarantee future wins. 

I agree that all the ingredients are in place for your prediction regarding Riverdale to come true.

I really think this is Oakland's year even though Sea Gull and BHS are very good.

Once the shine is off the apple for Riverdale, I think they may start to fall toward the bottom of the district in a few years.  Plus, every year that Stewie goes through weight program, spring practice, etc. is a year they will move up a notch the following fall, bumping somebody else down a notch.  Oakland has lots of young talent to tide them over for a while, but the three newest schools -  Siegel, Blackman, and (eventually) Stewie could become every year powers.

Five years from now?  Smyrna, LaVergne, and Riverdale could be battling each other to stay out of last place.  I know this news will bother Riverdale fans and can't blame them if they get upset that somebody said it, but look... Smyrna went 1-9 just a few years after back-to-back gold balls and that one win was undeserved.  All the tradition in the world can't guarantee future wins.

• 3 weeks later...