who thinks cloudland will make it back to state?

deputydog

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to disagree for one reason. Pass defense. I think South Pittsburg and Boyd Buchanan will play again in the third round to see who gets to host Cloudland. I think if So Pitt and Cloudland play at South Pitt it will be a good game. I have seen Boyd up close. I do not think Cloudland can beat Boyd. If I were a Cloudland fan I would hope South Pitt could upset Boyd. I mean no disrespect to Cloudland but Im telling you they can not beat Boyd. If they couldnt stop the guy from Ezell last year then I know you cant stop the Healy kid either. He is very very good. Cloudland will score on Boyd if they meet but that game would end up something like.

Boyd Buchanan 49

Cloudland 35

I mean Boyd putting 30 points on the board against a very very good David Lipscomb team is impressive to me. Look at who Lipscomb played and the scores. I am a South Pitt supporter and would love a game with Cloudland but i do not think they could beat Boyd if they played.

I've seen Cloudland play and I've saw the way they can play.If they buckle down and play according to their capability,and I believe they will,the sky is the limit.We need a Cherokee performance every single game from here on out. 100 percent performance by 100 percent of our team every play.GO LANDERS

I have watched Cloudland play a few times this year, and believe that their defense was much better last year. Watch out for Greenback; if cloudland doesn't defend the pass better than they did against Hampton, they will be beat. There was zero quarterback pressure on hampton's Morton, and he picked them apart. Also, you know that teams will load the box on Byrd and Benfield as cloudland has shown no passing strength. I believe they have the talent to advance past the third round, but if they meet Boyd in the fourth,I don't believe they can stop them. Seems to me the landers peaked early, not much improvement late.

Guest bucsfootball

I don't think Cloudland stands a chance to make it back to state. If Cloudland even makes it to play Bpyd which they will because BOYD will crush S. Pitt. they don't stand a chance. The state championship game will be BOYD vs Ezell :D

boydbucsfootball, i hope you are not right on your prediction. i would rather see a state championship GAME rather than a blowout. i beleive that cloudland would have a better chance of making it a good game instead of boyd. Plus we have already seen ezell vs boyd this year, i'd kinda like to see a little something different.

I THINK CLOUDLAND HAS GOOD CHANCE OF MAKING IT IF THEY PLAY ALITTLE BETTER PASS DEFENCE AND PUT SOME PRESSURE ON THE QUARTERBACK IF NOT THEY WILL GO A FEW ROUNDS. ON THE OTHER HAND CLOUDLAND`S OFFENCE CAN SCORE ON ANY ONE, BUT THEY CAN`T DEPEND ON THERE OFFENCE TO PICK UP THE SLACK IN THER PASS DEFENCE TO TAKE THEM ALL THE WAY. I`AM THE BIG CLOUDLAND FAN AND HOPE THEY ARE READY FOR THE PLAYOFFS BECAUSE ROAN MTN IS READY FOR AN OTHER BORO TRIP. GO LANDERS!!!

I think the Highlanders have as good a shot as anyone coming out of the east in 1-a. Right now I'd put my money on the winner of the Boyd/South Pittsburg game in the third round as being the odds on favorite. That is assuming that South Pittsburg can get past Gordonsville and Boyd can take care of Frienship Christian. I dont think that Cloudland could stop Boyd's offense. I agree that it could be a high scoring and a fun game to watch. I dont think that Cloudland could beat South Pittsburg. Mainly because I dont think they ever played in a hostile enviroment like South Pittsburg. I'm not knocking any of the teams that Cloudland plays but I'll bet you none of them have the atmosphere that South Pittsburg has on a Friday night. If the game was back in Roane Mountain, it would be a different story, but in South Pittsburg the Pirates sure are hard to beat.

[Edited by Guitarman on 11-4-02 11:18A]