Single A Teams

You could say we rely on 2 scorers because we have 2 that are probably averaging double figures, but all 5 can score for sure. WHS, just remember when you play us, we have 2 seniors on the team and start 2 sophomores and a freshman with the first sub off the bench being a freshman. We are definitely a very young team, but still should be able to compete this year. I've actually been very surprised with how the young players are adapting quite quickly. We host South Fulton on Tuesday night.

You could say we rely on 2 scorers because we have 2 that are probably averaging double figures, but all 5 can score for sure. WHS, just remember when you play us, we have 2 seniors on the team and start 2 sophomores and a freshman with the first sub off the bench being a freshman. We are definitely a very young team, but still should be able to compete this year. I've actually been very surprised with how the young players are adapting quite quickly. We host South Fulton on Tuesday night.

No disrespect intended for the 2 scorers comment. I didn't get to see any of the GC games over the summer, but I am sure your team is very talented. I was relying mostly on last year's observation in our matches, but you guys have a great coach as well and will have whoever in there ready to go. I still think UC is number 1 in that district, but you guys are definitely a force. Only having 2 seniors doesn't hurt anybody, when you got the personnel that can get it done. I hope we can get some of our younger girls developed through the season. We need the "bigs" to step up in the middle and take care of some boards, and we need some guards to step up and knock down "shots". That will take the pressure off of our main 2 girls and would allow them to score more. We'll see how it goes and respect your program definitely. Good luck this year!

I feel like gibson should have a good chance at making a run this year. Especially if the young players continue to improve like they have been. They will definately have some rough spots but I think will be a legit 2nd representative of the west behind uc in the postseason. They have a few girls that can fill it up on any night. GcPioneer what do you think about the 2 freshman so far? I know the injured one is just now getting back into rotation.

I feel like gibson should have a good chance at making a run this year. Especially if the young players continue to improve like they have been. They will definately have some rough spots but I think will be a legit 2nd representative of the west behind uc in the postseason. They have a few girls that can fill it up on any night. GcPioneer what do you think about the 2 freshman so far? I know the injured one is just now getting back into rotation.

I was surprised with how quickly Justyce has adapted to high school games so far. She's holding her own out there. I've only seen the other freshman play once in limited minutes but know she's going to be pretty good for the next few years. This sophomore and freshman bunch have a chance to win it all by the time they graduate. Should be an interesting 3-4 years....

I wouldnt put too much stock in that final score GC.Lake Co played stall ball and UC didnt really get after them full court.UC had SF down 30-1 at one point and they had Westview down 40-17 at the end of 3 quarters.They strive on playing good defense and Kealie Reeves came back tonight.They better get them before the first of the year before Amber come back.

I wouldnt put too much stock in that final score GC.Lake Co played stall ball and UC didnt really get after them full court.UC had SF down 30-1 at one point and they had Westview down 40-17 at the end of 3 quarters.They strive on playing good defense and Kealie Reeves came back tonight.They better get them before the first of the year before Amber come back.

I'm not putting any stock into it. I talked to someone at the game that said Lake played stall ball. Not putting any stock in the SF comparison either. Every game I've seen us play we've handled quite easily. I'm ready to see some competitive games is all. I know you guys are the better team, just ready to see how this bunch handles a tough game.

Was at the south fulton game tonight. It really could have been as bad as they wanted it. It was nice to see us come out not really hitting any jump shots and fight through it. I know both freshman got a lot of playing time tonight as he is really trying to get them into rythym before the stretch. The post justyce I believe had 12-14 points and several rebound and the other freshman Allie amithson looks to be back completely from the injury. She will straight get after it on defense and showed some scoring ability as well. GcPioneer the young talent on this team gives a lot to be excited about

Was at the south fulton game tonight. It really could have been as bad as they wanted it. It was nice to see us come out not really hitting any jump shots and fight through it. I know both freshman got a lot of playing time tonight as he is really trying to get them into rythym before the stretch. The post justyce I believe had 12-14 points and several rebound and the other freshman Allie amithson looks to be back completely from the injury. She will straight get after it on defense and showed some scoring ability as well. GcPioneer the young talent on this team gives a lot to be excited about

It does for sure. This sophomore and freshman class is very capable of winning it all before they graduate.

I heard UC beat Lake by 9. Gibson beat South Fulton handily, around 30. I'm ready to see a Gibson v. UC matchup. I definitely think we are capable of beating them. Not saying we are better, but think we are capable of besting them.

Lake Co played about the only way they had a chance.About put me to sleep so I'm sure Union city wasnt really into the game.Several times,Lake Co would get the ball into the post and instead of turning and facing the basket and looking for a shot or driving to the basket,ended up with the center handling the bal around mid court.Going to be a long year.Looking for Union City and Gibson co to  finish 1 and 2 .Lake Co could finish anywhere to 4th place to last.The district is down from years past.