Dobyns-Bennett football 2013

dbFAN91

Well Clark shows a lot of loyalty to his upper class men. And I'm glad because it was all that playing time that put a couple players in orange for the next few years. Have to respect that. He knows what he's doing. Although I would feel better knowing what were going to have this year. Lol. ROLL TRIBE!!!!

Im not sayin he dont know what he's doing and i can respect the whole upperclassmen deal,But the thing is and if you ask a few kids they dont get much playin time thats why they dont want to play.My thing is that there shouldnt be any 2 way guys playing in 6A ball.Unless you have that stand out kid like Foreman and Swafford last yr.And i not tryin to sould like im an expert on football but until they start gettin more guys playing time we want ever see a GOLD BALL.Look at the Teams that dont have alot of 2 way players.Maryville for one.I just cant see Maryville or blount county have all that much more talent the we do down this way.

Im not sayin he dont know what he's doing and i can respect the whole upperclassmen deal,But the thing is and if you ask a few kids they dont get much playin time thats why they dont want to play.My thing is that there shouldnt be any 2 way guys playing in 6A ball.Unless you have that stand out kid like Foreman and Swafford last yr.And i not tryin to sould like im an expert on football but until they start gettin more guys playing time we want ever see a GOLD BALL.Look at the Teams that dont have alot of 2 way players.Maryville for one.I just cant see Maryville or blount county have all that much more talent the we do down this way.

Maryville does have a couple who play both ways, just not every down. You have to have your athletes on the field to make plays. Period!!!

Maryville does have a couple who play both ways, just not every down. You have to have your athletes on the field to make plays. Period!!!

This is true, but in the bigger picture, Maryville plays the whole season against those tough Knoxville teams, while D-B has to play Crockett, Central, etc. Yeah, D-B has a few challenging games, but also a ton of cakewalks. BTW, no offense to Central and Crockett fans, but most of the games against D-B by Tri-cities teams are basically over at the end of the 1st quarter. D-B will probably never be on the level of Maryville until they play a tougher schedule weekly. I know the TSSAA calls the shots and D-B plays the hand they are dealt. My guess is that if Maryville played all their games in the Tri-cities they would not be nearly as good come playoff time either.

Well sports fans, football season is now 36 days away !!!!

This is true, but in the bigger picture, Maryville plays the whole season against those tough Knoxville teams, while D-B has to play Crockett, Central, etc. Yeah, D-B has a few challenging games, but also a ton of cakewalks. BTW, no offense to Central and Crockett fans, but most of the games against D-B by Tri-cities teams are basically over at the end of the 1st quarter. D-B will probably never be on the level of Maryville until they play a tougher schedule weekly. I know the TSSAA calls the shots and D-B plays the hand they are dealt. My guess is that if Maryville played all their games in the Tri-cities they would not be nearly as good come playoff time either.

Well sports fans, football season is now 36 days away !!!!

Amen brother. ROLL TRIBE.

" On playing time and getting a QB ready " Last year was a hard deal with DB's team and that schedule,but it worked out about as good as it could.Let us not forget that DB lost it's starting QB and a lot of the things DB could have done.Yes,a monster win over Maryville and a couple more would have made it a perfect season,but DB did play a lot of people while trying to make it happen with a great team.None of us were to worried about 2013,14,15,when you have a shot like DB had last year. This years team is just going to have to be more of a blue-collar type team and that's not saying they can't win,but it will be a much different type of team.I know there is a lot of talented kids and I predict some will really shine before this season ends.Maybe even at the QB position.Roll Tribe

Wasnt aware that DB couldnt call to see if any teams from 7-AAA are interested. D-B is the program that has to get better to compete for State Titles, Not teams like Oakland, Blackman, Siegel, Riverdale, or Smyrna.

Oh ya , the 7th Greatest District of all time ... how many 6A titles do those teams you just mentioned have ?

Oh ya , the 7th Greatest District of all time ... how many 6A titles do those teams you just mentioned have ?

6A as class has only been existence for 4 years, and 7-AAA has sent a team to the semifinals at least every year. Did I say anything about it being a better district than everyone? No. D-B hasnt been irrelevant for quite some time on a state level. When they were really good, they challenged themselves with a tough schedule. Most of the teams I just mentioned do the same. They arent going to get better by whipping on teams they should beat.