New AP Poll 1A

PiRaTe._.MiKe

I have been following this topic for some time. I don't want to get on the " pile on NCS band wagon". I met some really nice folks from NCS last year in Huntingdon. I also enjoyed the videos that you guys posted. I was happy to hear that this group of boys were having the success that they are having, but Art, you make it hard for anyone other that a NCS fan to pull for you. I understand that you are a strong supporter, but there were some pretty strong posts coming from your camp last year about the tough regular season competition you were playing, and how you were rolling. You remember how that turned out? Posting that everyone else is playing for second might come back to bite ya.

Well if I was serious you would have a point. I'm just rattling some cages though . I know those computer generated projections aren't that accurate when two comparable teams are involved. There's at least 6 teams in 1A that could hoist the gold ball depending on how well they execute. In all seriousness, NCS was ranked 4th in A/P this week and that's probably about right. Every team from here forward has to improve each week in practice in order to survive.

Well if I was serious you would have a point. I'm just rattling some cages though . I know those computer generated projections aren't that accurate when two comparable teams are involved. There's at least 6 teams in 1A that could hoist the gold ball depending on how well they execute. In all seriousness, NCS was ranked 4th in A/P this week and that's probably about right. Every team from here forward has to improve each week in practice in order to survive.

Its gonna be alot of fun watching it unfold this season, looks like alot of parity  to me. I'd love to see the winner come out of Quad 1. Its been a Lomnnnnnngggg dry spell.

Its gonna be alot of fun watching it unfold this season, looks like alot of parity  to me. I'd love to see the winner come out of Quad 1. Its been a Lomnnnnnngggg dry spell.

We'd love to see the winner come out of Sawyer Brown Road in Nashville - It's been an even longer time  ;)

Great point Art. But you have kind of built up some lofty expectations for the Eagles. I've seen Humboldt play and they are solid. They most definitely have the toughest district. If Vegas laid odds they would favor Union City or Humboldt winning it all this year IMO.

Edited by kenmynattcpa

As I've previously stated I have a strong passion for NCS, and to rehash a few previous posts. Art, I can't stand ppl like you that would sit there and stir up so much and then once being called out on it, sit there and give some "PC" response. Just own the fact that you've made yourself look like an idiot and even worse jaded the perspective of others in regards to looking at NCS as a program and there fan base. I'd never wish a loss on or for NCS, but reading some of your so called facts about other teams and their programs, almost makes me wish you'd eat your own words sooner than later. Just kindly shut up and stop giving such a negative reflection to our NCS fan base

What? Lol, is this ArtVanDerbeek? Y'all (some NCS fans) are the ones actin like it'll be a cake walk. ArtVanWilder has already stated that, it'll be NCS vs Greenback and that coalfield is already done and that South Pitt plays cupcakes. True statements from ArtVanHelsing

Hey, we just want our shot at the almighty NCS Eagles. This way we can say we at least played on the same field....lol....

HOPE YOU MAKE IT THERE.

As I've previously stated I have a strong passion for NCS, and to rehash a few previous posts. Art, I can't stand ppl like you that would sit there and stir up so much and then once being called out on it, sit there and give some "PC" response. Just own the fact that you've made yourself look like an idiot and even worse jaded the perspective of others in regards to looking at NCS as a program and there fan base. I'd never wish a loss on or for NCS, but reading some of your so called facts about other teams and their programs, almost makes me wish you'd eat your own words sooner than later. Just kindly shut up and stop giving such a negative reflection to our NCS fan base

Heard that....nice post.

Great point Art. But you have kind of built up some lofty expectations for the Eagles. I've seen Humboldt play and they are solid. They most definitely have the toughest district. If Vegas laid odds they would favor Union City or Humboldt winning it all this year IMO.

Yes, District 13A has three (3) teams ranked in the state, Humboldt & UC in class 1a & Trenton in class 2a ! The three have played tough out of district teams- Dresden, Mckenzie, Milan, Huntington, & will soon have to play each other to determine the district championship!  Hopefully, Humboldt or UC can make it to the championship game but they will have to continue to get better!!!

Yes, District 13A has three (3) teams ranked in the state, Humboldt & UC in class 1a & Trenton in class 2a ! The three have played tough out of district teams- Dresden, Mckenzie, Milan, Huntington, & will soon have to play each other to determine the district championship!  Hopefully, Humboldt or UC can make it to the championship game but they will have to continue to get better!!!

Yes sir it's a long way to Cookeville. So many things can happen. But I proud of where we play. As you said 3 teams that are ranked in the top 10 in thier own classifications and all 3 play each other. last half of the season looks to be tough. If UC doesn't get there I will be pulling for the Vikes. Hopefully one of us will be playing for the gold. But like I said it's a long way to Cookeville. Gotta servive each other first.

Yes sir it's a long way to Cookeville. So many things can happen. But I proud of where we play. As you said 3 teams that are ranked in the top 10 in thier own classifications and all 3 play each other. last half of the season looks to be tough. If UC doesn't get there I will be pulling for the Vikes. Hopefully one of us will be playing for the gold. But like I said it's a long way to Cookeville. Gotta servive each other first.

Dresden is going to send you both home!!!!! I know the east is always favored but I'm betting the gold heads west this year in 1A or 2A. District 14 has three top 10 teams in the state with Humboldt, trenton and Union City. District 13 has had 4 top 10 teams with Huntingdon, McKenzie, Gleason and Dresden. Too bad we always have to beat up on each other. Looks like quad 4 will be loaded.

I join in rejecting the negative coments that Art has put out on this thread. While I believe it is all in fun to stir the pot, I have stated in other threads I love fans that have a passion for their team and are respectful to the opposition, I think some of Art's "fun" has touched on disrespect. I think you all will find most of the NCS fanbase is very supportive of our team and respectful of the other teams.  

Anyway, I am excited about the possibilities of this NCS team. I hope they use these last few weeks of the season to strengthen some areas that they will need to improve in come playoff time. I believe in them and their ability to get it done!

I wish high speed internet would arrive in Waynesboro someday. Would be nice if they could broadcast the Buttercup Bowl on the internet this Friday so I didn't have to drive two hours to watch WC & Columbia Academy. That's about the only decent game around. Humboldt playing some girls prep school as usual.

You don't want to come to Wayne County the way you've ran your trap. Unless you've got some really good camo. I would miss a Collinwood game to come watch you get ran out of Waynesboro ;)