Parallels of 70-80's Maryville and current Riverdale

SwamiSays

I cannot make heads or tails of this. Please try to use more accepted and common language. I know its your way to post like this, but its hard for old and educated people to read. I can't respond to it. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

LOL . You really are messed up ..Stars knows and you dont listen

It is my contention that cumulative effect of both feeder school and high school zoning changes has significantly thinned the athletic herd at Riverdale. I am sure there are a slew of individual reasons for individual families and players, but most schools lose some players no matter what. Rankin realized what was going to happen as new schools were coming along and left for greener pastures. Because many thought the program was all about Rankin, the players started looking around for the next big program and trickled away. The trickle turned into a flood when the zoning changes came along. Now, what were once all Riverdale athletes are now at least two other schools, possibly more, but i have not studied the zoning maps all that closely to say precisely.

Is the case that Riverdale's pool of 2000 students today has significantly fewer good football players than its pool of 2000 students from 1995-2005?

Coaching is definitely important. Motivation is as well. I have never said anything contrary to that. 

Do you recall how many players went on to play college ball during the 10 years of no playoff wins?

Can't remember how many of them played college. I do know this. When Ted Wilson and Don Story were at Maryville. Maryville was a 2A School with 550-600 students. Maryville was a lot smaller then. During those days Maryville still had around 65 players on the average. When those coaches were there interest was up.

When Story left after 1987 Emory Hale took over. After Story left no one was on the staff that Maryville had in the 70s and early 80s. Lynn Brown was gone also. Emory Hale lasted 1 year. John Olive took over in 1989. John Olive was a nice guy. He also had some assistants that the kids hated. I remember the 1990 team having 35 kids on the team. They looked like a 1A School that year. Now I see 90 plus players out every year and counting freshmen it is 120 plus.

Swami you have been on full freak out mode all day , you can use a slide rule or come up with all the fancy math you want to , it still doesn't change the fact that under Coach Aydelott ... Riverdale football is in a downward spiral . You have just proven to everybody on this board today that you have no interest in what is best for Riverdale , just what is best for your buddy .

Can't remember how many of them played college. I do know this. When Ted Wilson and Don Story were at Maryville. Maryville was a 2A School with 550-600 students. Maryville was a lot smaller then. During those days Maryville still had around 65 players on the average. When those coaches were there interest was up.

When Story left after 1987 Emory Hale took over. After Story left no one was on the staff that Maryville had in the 70s and early 80s. Lynn Brown was gone also. Emory Hale lasted 1 year. John Olive took over in 1989. John Olive was a nice guy. He also had some assistants that the kids hated. I remember the 1990 team having 35 kids on the team. They looked like a 1A School that year. Now I see 90 plus players out every year and counting freshmen it is 120 plus.

What is the current enrollment around, 1550? 

Swami you have been on full freak out mode all day , you can use a slide rule or come up with all the fancy math you want to , it still doesn't change the fact that under Coach Aydelott ... Riverdale football is in a downward spiral . You have just proven to everybody on this board today that you have no interest in what is best for Riverdale , just what is best for your buddy .

Riverdale does appear to be headed down, as many including myself, have predicted. We just predicted it based on a different premise.

I never thought of basic math as anything fancy, but I can see how it would impress you.

Get your bullet out Barney.

Riverdale does appear to be headed down, as many including myself, have predicted. We just predicted it based on a different premise.

I never thought of basic math as anything fancy, but I can see how it would impress you.

Get your bullet out Barney.

Good thing you don't always have to have the last word . 

Good thing you don't always have to have the last word . 

Careful Barney, Gomer is going to get you..."Citizens arrest! Citizens arrest!"

It's both sad and funny that you post at 2:47 am trying to get the last word. Sure, you work nights, or have insomnia, or some other random excuse. 

You are pedantic and boring. Stop wasting my time. I am not responding to your immature foolishness any more and will only address you when you actually post something of merit that is germane to the thread. 

To everyone else - busy day at the golf course today fellas, see you this evening. Have fun without me.  And now chimes in the choir of the easily offended and negative and narrow minded "thank goodness, and good riddance." To which I remind you, I started this thread and it looks like its becoming a good one. Pile it on good while I am away.