Greenback travels to Oneida

orngnblk

1925, we do have a fair side in soccer. They played pretty well against your bunch. They just have to bring it every game. They have had some head scratchers this year, but when they come to play they do pretty well. I thought you too have a good blend of players.....that #22 is an absolute hand full with her speed and skill. (I was betting the goalie was the former Placekicker)(strong leg) I watch every sport up here....call me a die hard aluminist! I literally have a closet full of orange. Of course the privates rule at this level, so even our finest teams hardly ever get seen outside of East Tennessee.

Kaz

I'm not trying to ruffle any Indian feathers, but to set the record straight, you guys have only been put out 1 time by a private since you became 2A in '09. Don't jump all over me, just stating the facts. Oneida is, and always has been a powerhouse (with the exception of an off year here and there).

As far as this game goes, I'm excited to see it on TV so we can watch this rivalry. I'm going with Greenback, sticking with the team from District 3A.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1925, we do have a fair side in soccer.  They played pretty well against your bunch.  They just have to bring it every game.  They have had some head scratchers this year, but when they come to play they do pretty well.  I thought you too have a good blend of players.....that #22 is an absolute hand full with her speed and skill. (I was betting the goalie was the former Placekicker)(strong leg)  I watch every sport up here....call me a die hard aluminist!  I literally have a closet full of orange.  Of course the privates rule at this level, so even our finest teams hardly ever get seen outside of East Tennessee.

Kaz

Yep, I know what you mean. Grace will probably rule our district in soccer. Played a scrimmage against them earlier this year, and they were in a different class altogether.

Anyway, good luck to you on all fronts, except Thursday night!

I'm not trying to ruffle any Indian feathers, but to set the record straight, you guys have only been put out 1 time by a private since you became 2A in '09. Don't jump all over me, just stating the facts. Oneida is, and always has been a powerhouse (with the exception of an off year here and there).

As far as this game goes, I'm excited to see it on TV so we can watch this rivalry. I'm going with Greenback, sticking with the team from District 3A.

Not knocking on GCA I have done enough of that thru the yrs(I also think you guys are the team to beat in 2A this yr).This game is what high school football is all about,these type teams is where high school football began.Tradition rich community school football its hard to beat whether on TV or not everyone at every level should go watch a small school rivalry football game.The atmosphere is awesome!

GCA, I was referring to soccer if you will re-read that post.  And what I said is 100% accurate.  CAK or Catholic or Webb has won our district every year in the sport of soccer.  I wasn't referring to football at all.  It is what it is....I'm not even whining about it....just stating a fact.  I even think it is funny because our District is home of the Girls State Soccer Champion almost every year!  I'd say Catholic or CAK will do it again this season if all goes as it usually does.

:thumb: Kazam :thumb:

No feathers ruffled here pride. Instead of the telly, why don't you and Raven just cruise up and watch this one in person. I make no bones about the fact that there are very few GCA posters that I give two shakes of a rats tail about meeting but you two rep your school well. Short of Coach Brewster, y'all are probably the 2 classiest of the bunch I've ran in to. We'd be glad to have 2 more in the crowd.

Bass....can't get too riled up when an honest man gives an honest opinion.  We've been the underdogs in 3 of our first 5 games. (includes this one)  I'm sure the coaches are having night sweats preparing for this Greenback team.  Wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last.  All I know is our kids are gamers......and this bunch didn't have a whole lot of belief in their ability to get things done.  Not themselves, mind you, but all the experts out there.  Heck, I think Murphy Fair had us behind Coalfield, Oliver Springs, and Sunbright......and we may well end up there.  All I know is I've really likes how the kids have just stuck to it and played solid when they needed to up the this point.  This game for what it is worth can go any number of ways.....I hope the bunch that showed at against Hampton makes another appearance tomorrow night.  If they do....Greenback will have a ball game on their hands.

:thumb: Kazzanity :thumb: