Greenback travels to Oneida

orngnblk

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even a blind squirel finds a nut from time to time. What really has me hot and bothered is some of the "locals" took GB in the picks panel. Now I understand some of them picking the way they did, but if it was me I'd rather be wrong than cast my vote else where. I don't betray my boys. And just so you know.....that vote was 6 for Oneida 4 for GB. Pretty much a split vote too.....

Kazalamity

It's not "betraying" them Kaz. It could be a motivator, right?

I would gladly get on here late Thursday night and apologize for not having faith in the team if we come out on top. You of all people know that my vote isn't a betrayal vote. It's a contest vote that I made in hopes of gaining ground on others. There are only a handful of picks over the last four years that I made against Oneida. Just because I picked against them in a contest doesn't mean I hope they lose.

Geesh.......

Edited by OHS 92 State Champs

Not knocking on GCA I have done enough of that thru the yrs(I also think you guys are the team to beat in 2A this yr).This game is what high school football is all about,these type teams is where high school football began.Tradition rich community school football its hard to beat whether on TV or not everyone at every level should go watch a small school rivalry football game.The atmosphere is awesome!

I agree 100%. Small school/town football is awesome. You guys view us as a big city school, but the GCA community is a very small, very tight group, just like a small town. I guess it works out that way when you have 300 kids in HS, you just stick together and get to know each other a lot better than a school with 1000 kids. We are a lot like all of you guys, we just live in a little larger city. The best thing about being a part of a small school is that you get to know every family in the school (at least you know who they are, and can call almost all of them by name). And if one of you hurt, you all hurt together.

That's my small school sermon for the year, and as Bubba Watson says, "You're Welcome!" if you don't know that reference, YouTube it, pretty funny.

So....no feathers ruffled.  Just try not to get too defensive when your looking from the throne. :blush:

Thought Greenback's Girls Soccer Team was pretty good, but apparently not up to Grace's level in their district either.

I never look from the throne, just thought you were talking football. I don't know much about the other "football", but I know a few of the schools you mentioned have pretty good programs. Good luck to the Indian and Cherokee European Footballer's this season.

No feathers ruffled here pride. Instead of the telly, why don't you and Raven just cruise up and watch this one in person. I make no bones about the fact that there are very few GCA posters that I give two shakes of a rats tail about meeting but you two rep your school well. Short of Coach Brewster, y'all are probably the 2 classiest of the bunch I've ran in to. We'd be glad to have 2 more in the crowd.

Wish I could make it up. As OB said, this is what football is all about. GCA gets the opportunity to travel to small towns and see the great atmosphere and tradition that makes up small school football. It is great. I'm already obligated tomorrow or I would make the trip. Can't wait to watch it on the tube though. Give me a game like this every Thursday and it would be great. No offense to Claiborne County or Cumberland Gap, Central vs Jeff County, Hardin Valley vs South Doyle (although that turned out to be a good one), I would much rather see TRUE rivalries instead of TV matchup rivalries. This IS a rivalry game. Rockwood vs Harriman should have been on 2weeks ago. Sorry for the 3 posts, not trying to take over, just shooting back some responses. Sorry I can't make it up, but would like to get up with you guys in the playoffs.

You mentioned Coach Brewster. I only had one year with him, but that one year said enough about that guy. He's a class act, GCA is lucky to have him as a Coach, but more importantly, teaching and guiding the young men and women of GCA. Nice work Coach.

Wish I could make it up. As OB said, this is what football is all about. GCA gets the opportunity to travel to small towns and see the great atmosphere and tradition that makes up small school football. It is great. I'm already obligated tomorrow or I would make the trip. Can't wait to watch it on the tube though. Give me a game like this every Thursday and it would be great. No offense to Claiborne County or Cumberland Gap, Central vs Jeff County, Hardin Valley vs South Doyle (although that turned out to be a good one), I would much rather see TRUE rivalries instead of TV matchup rivalries. This IS a rivalry game. Rockwood vs Harriman should have been on 2weeks ago. Sorry for the 3 posts, not trying to take over, just shooting back some responses. Sorry I can't make it up, but would like to get up with you guys in the playoffs.

You mentioned Coach Brewster. I only had one year with him, but that one year said enough about that guy. He's a class act, GCA is lucky to have him as a Coach, but more importantly, teaching and guiding the young men and women of GCA. Nice work Coach.

Coach Brewster is as good of a person as you can find. Always a class act.

Coach Brew is good people. I'm glad to call him a friend.