Giles County @ Ensworth

JAFO

From the Tennessean, 8/15/13:

Number of students playing football and boys/girls basketball (MBA football and boys basketball only) receiving financial aid:

BA: 74

Ensworth: 45

MBA: 31

Note that none of these are actual "scholarships" (all are need-based using set financial criteria, and are not based on athletic, artistic and/or academic merit), nor do any such awards pay all costs required for enrollment; the families of all students at all D2 schools pay some portion of tuition and other costs. Contrast to the D1 publics, all of whose students have tuition paid in full by the taxpayers (including those taxpayers who choose to send their kids to a private school).

Great respect to the Bobcats for scheduling this game!

Safe travels up to Nashville for those coming from Giles and I hope it's a good game with no injuries on either side.

RedRobin1,

I had not seen this information.  I stand corrected.  All 3 of those schools have very competitive teams in both sports.  Wish them all the best.

Good luck to Ensworth and Giles Co on Friday nigth.  Giles has a tall order ahead of them. 

There will be a group of us at the intersection leaving town. We will be collecting loose change and cash to get everyone into the game Friday night. 12.00 to enter 8.00 to park! No wonder no one wants to play Ensworth. No one can afford to go to the game. Also Big mama from the 22 would donate part of her dancing check to help someone get in.

No Way its 12 to enter and 8 to park!  Now we know where all that Scholarship money is coming from.  Can anybody give any hints on where a fat man can squeeze under the  fence.

Ya know we are 1-0 against the mighty Ensworth.

Edited by likearock

There will be a group of us at the intersection leaving town. We will be collecting loose change and cash to get everyone into the game Friday night. 12.00 to enter 8.00 to park! No wonder no one wants to play Ensworth. No one can afford to go to the game. Also Big mama from the 22 would donate part of her dancing check to help someone get in.

Not sure where you got your information, but it is wrong. Admission is either $5 or $6, less for students. There is plenty of free parking - lots on both sides of the school, so you can get in/out from either direction on highway 100.

How good is Ensworth, really though? I mean, who have they played? Some school from Kentucky named Trinity? MBA? PJPII? These are just a bunch of nerdy private school kids that couldn't cut it in public school ball. They care more about their book learnin than football. pshh, I heard they hardly ever throw the ball either. We even know what they are going to do...hand it off to the Furby toy every play. I say the Cats take this one 47-13.

You need to get out the house more man....lol

$12 bucks? WOW. 5X is gonna get hurt bad!

Another good practice in the books. Great preparation all around. I'll check in with Lack of Sunshine to see if they are on target..... :roflolk:

I see me having to use my teacher credentials, or do they make them pay as well.  Wife and kids may have to see u of e play next year.  GO CATS!!!