Signal Mountain vs Greeneville

voldevil

This will be a very physical, defensive struggle.  Yes, we have a defense this year.  Both teams will score some points, but not the kind of points the fans are used to seeing.

Signal has played a couple of good teams this year, seen some adversity, and had to go the full 48 minutes in a few games.  Greeneville's cupcake schedule could be a factor.  I don't think so, but it could be.  Yer starters haven't had to play more than a half and haven't been in a battle yet.  I know you have a good conditioning program, like us, but you never know how the guys are going to respond in uncharted territory.

Home field will be a definite advantage.  I hate to say it, but I don't think we will bring a big crowd.  We're off for fall break this week, and I haven't heard of anybody getting buses lined up.  Both teams would like braggin' rights from a win in this game, but I'm sure both coaches are more concerned about getting through this one without any major injuries.  As best as I can tell, the outcome of this game will have little effect on either team's seeding in the playoffs.

All in all, I think this will be a good, competitive game, and my Eagles will win it in the fourth quarter.

eagle_animated_devil.gif

I can't open the animated stuff at work,so I'm just looking at what you wrote.Very well thought out and some very good points to what your saying.No team knows how they will respond until they get hit in the mouth by good competition.Playing West Greene type of teams gives you less then going against your seconds in practice,and that's just a fact.With all that said,I think the Devils will be to much even if the starters get to play a full game,and that wouldn't be a bad thing this week.As for the seedings,I think a loss would hurt the Devils without a doubt in the seedings{ atleast if they are home in a second or third round game} because of a couple more undefeated teams 

Edited by BatmanDB

Saw some film on the Devils...they score a lot on special teams, namely punt returns and pick 6's on defense. Won't happen against the Eagles, CBP won't throw that often nor will he punt.[/quo. te]. So if they don't punt Greeneville will have a short field and score about as quick. Sounds like great strategy to me!

I can't open the animated stuff at work,so I'm just looking at what you wrote.Very well thought out and some very good points to what your saying.No team knows how they will respond until they get hit in the mouth by good competition.Playing West Greene type of teams gives you less then going against your seconds in practice,and that's just a fact.With all that said,I think the Devils will be to much even if the starters get to play a full game,and that wouldn't be a bad thing this week.As for the seedings,I think a loss would hurt the Devils without a doubt in the seedings{ atleast if they are home in a second or third round game} because of a couple more undefeated teams 

a loss would devistate this greeneville team at this point, as far as seeding and where they play......must win from here on out