Tellico at Greenback

orngnblk

Interested in why you think that? have you watched Tellico play? I mean I am just interested....A lot of people thought we would get blown out by RW....We got blew out by an SQHS team that is pretty good and we got hammered by Grace although I think we were the first team to make them punt and the score may have been a little closer if we didn't turn the ball over so much. But I think even if we had not the score may have been close to the same they are good....But no one counts Tellico in anything....Don't get me wrong I understand you have to earn respect but seperate this team from the last few years, they are good, they fight hard, and they will hit you in the mouth ask RW they didn't want anymore with 6 mins left in a close game.....I mean I think a lot of you guys on here know your football and so even though this looks like a complaint it is really just me trying to get an idea of what you have seen...or are you just going with them based on scores or something???

Don't ASSUME BB,Ambassador does this every year he down plays SP and makes the others in 1A out to be dominate schools.The way GB has played against RW and the effort against a very good Ram team makes them very suspect.GB if they come to play and TP comes to play GB is the better team BUT it only take 5 mins of kids not being focused for that to change the other way.You have our repect for sure but if this GB team gets the focus back it could very well be a 28 point win.If not it coud be a long night for GB.l Edited by orngnblk

Ya I see both teams coming out of the gate fired up to play.  2nd place in the district is on the line and that should provide enough fireworks as is.  Saying that I know that Greenback and Tellico both have had a lot of injuries this yr but seems to be that Greenback is really beat up right now with the loss of #1.  I still think it will be a tough game but I'm predicting....

Tellico 35

Greenback 21

Don't ASSUME BB,Ambassador does this every year he down plays SP and makes the others in 1A out to be dominate schools.The way GB has played against RW and the effort against a very good Ram team makes them very suspect.GB if they come to play and TP comes to play GB is the better team BUT it only take 5 mins of kids not being focused for that to change the other way.You have our repect for sure but if this GB team gets the focus back it could very well be a 28 point win.If not it coud be a long night for GB.l

I just call it like I think. The East has 2-3 teams that could represent this year. Greenback, SP, Coalfield. Just my opinion about it.

Ya I see both teams coming out of the gate fired up to play.  2nd place in the district is on the line and that should provide enough fireworks as is.  Saying that I know that Greenback and Tellico both have had a lot of injuries this yr but seems to be that Greenback is really beat up right now with the loss of #1.  I still think it will be a tough game but I'm predicting....

Tellico 35

Greenback 21

What a difference a few weeks makes. About 3 games into the season I was wearing a greenback shirt at some store when a Tellico fan starts telling me how much he was looking forward to the Greenback game later in the year. At the time, Greenback was rolling and Tellico was reeling. I listened politely as he told me how Tellico was improving at a rapid pace and while he wasn't yet predicting a Bear win, he was confident it would be a good game. I nodded all the while thinking the Bears wouldn't have a chance, likely GB would be tempted to have their starters undress at halftime and let the bench cruise home for the victory. Fast forward a month or so and it appears the friendly Bear fan knew something the rest of us didn't. This Bear team is good and getting better. Any thoughts us Greenback fans had of beat downs and mercy rules is a thing of the past. Greenback will be fortunate to get the W. I am going with GB by 8 largely for the home field, that and Greenback is really against the wall. Their promising season is in real danger of slipping away if they lose this one. I think they will rally but this game does worry me some.

Congratulations to the Bears on a really great turnaround. I said a few weeks ago the Tellico coach needs serious consideration for coach of the year.

Edited by maj

What a difference a few weeks makes. About 3 games into the season I was wearing a greenback shirt at some store when a Tellico fan starts telling me how much he was looking forward to the Greenback game later in the year. At the time, Greenback was rolling and Tellico was reeling. I listened politely as he told me how Tellico was improving at a rapid pace and while he wasn't yet predicting a Bear win, he was confident it would be a good game. I nodded all the while thinking the Bears wouldn't have a chance, likely GB would be tempted to have their starters undress at halftime and let the bench cruise home for the victory. Fast forward a month or so and it appears the friendly Bear fan knew something the rest of us didn't. This is Bear team is good and getting better. Any thoughts us Greenback fans had of beat downs and mercy rules is a thing of the past. Greenback will be fortunate to get the W. I am going with GB by 8 largely for the home field, that and Greenback is really against the wall. Their promising season is in real danger of slipping away if they lose this one. I think they will rally but this game does worry me some.

Congratulations to the Bears on a really great turnaround. I said a few weeks ago the Tellico coach needs serious consideration for coach of the year.

o ya most def will agree with ya.  a lot has changed in the past month.  i remember seeing greenback in the preseason and thought man they are gonna roll this yr and now its really a toss up.  Coach Mullinax has changed the "losing" culture that has surrounded the football team the last few yrs and really has them believing they can beat anybody and for good reason.  They too have lost key players and still are giving teams fit.  the line is blocking well along with the backs running hard.  friday nights game is going to be one to watch for sure. 

o ya most def will agree with ya. a lot has changed in the past month. i remember seeing greenback in the preseason and thought man they are gonna roll this yr and now its really a toss up. Coach Mullinax has changed the "losing" culture that has surrounded the football team the last few yrs and really has them believing they can beat anybody and for good reason. They too have lost key players and still are giving teams fit. the line is blocking well along with the backs running hard. friday nights game is going to be one to watch for sure.

I think it is awesome how much TP has improved. Words can't explain how much they've turned around the program and beating RW was a big time win. With that being said, they need to beat GB to get any kind of respect from people who are not from Tellico. Which may be good for you guys to not have respect. Continue to get overlooked and keep winning

I think it is awesome how much TP has improved. Words can't explain how much they've turned around the program and beating RW was a big time win. With that being said, they need to beat GB to get any kind of respect from people who are not from Tellico. Which may be good for you guys to not have respect. Continue to get overlooked and keep winning

ya ur right, the more quality wins the better.  with just the rockwood win people can say that tellico just got lucky or somthing like that but if they go undefeated in the district other than grace then there is no way people can say that they were lucky.  i'm hopeful for the best and not ready to settle for anything less just yet. 

very excited.....both Teams are good teams...looking at what I could find on the High school Data Base they have played each other 11 times with Tellico holding a 1 game edge in the series 6 to 5..But this game has always been big..We played GB my freshman year way back in 1986 and beat them 14-0 and the next year GB won the title, a lot of history and a lot of good people on both sides of the ball. I have great friends that went to GB some played at GB...I am looking for a solid game from both sides and hope that Tellico continues to improve.....The sad thing is that we both lost to a Grace team that is head and shoulders above the rest...This is not a complaint nor do I want to start a Grace bashing here but they honestly should be in another district but they are here and we have to deal with that. Grace and their fans have always been good to TPHS in football so like I said not complaining or bashing..... wish them the best.....

Good post BB...here's the complete series history below, Tellico has the advantage overall with 13 wins, Greenback has 10 wins and there has been just one tie.  Tellico's largest win margin is 38pts and Greenback's largest margin is 48pts.

10-24-57 Tellico 36 Greenback 7

10-23-58 Greenback  6 Tellico 6

10-2-59  Tellico 38 Greenback 0

9-30-60  Tellico  7 Greenback 0

9-29-61  Tellico 20 Greenback 13

9-28-62  Tellico 27 Greenback 0

10-14-77 Tellico 26 Greenback 6

10-13-78 Greenback 14 Tellico 6

10-25-79 Greenback 21 Tellico 8

10-24-80 Greenback 21 Tellico 14

10-23-81 Tellico 27 Greenback 6

10-22-82 Tellico 20 Greenback 0