Maryville plays Morristown-East in the 2nd round of the Playoffs

BigDave1967

Well that might have something to do with one of your supposed fans trolling wb threads all year. Not trying to be a jerk but that was arguably the worst game wb played all year. 2 dropped passes that would have been TDs, our QB gave y'all a gift , and we missed 2 extra points and still only lost by a point. Mo east has improved greatly from last year but they won't have anything for Maryville.

You maybe right about Maryville beating us, whats so bad about that. Maryville has just about beating everyone that has got in their way.Morristown East is going to enjoy their chance vs Maryville, We have alot of players that will be back next year,what better way then play the best and see how you do.

I hope you can come to the game Friday night, If your not a Maryville fan,  we could use all the help we can get.

Edited by EASTFAN

Fellers eye seen tham big ole linemuns, good QB, and #1 fer MoEast...... :huh:

#1 is good, I think he has been a starter since he was a Freshman, and they are bigger than Bradley.  In all fairness, I know East has gotten better since I saw them the 2nd week, so I may be speaking out of line when I said I thought Bradley was better than MoEast, but I was more impressed with Bradley last night than I was with East the 2nd week of the season.  IMO, the East QB is nowhere near as dangerous as #3 for Bradley, if you stop #1 for East, you are in good shape.

Edited by jake

Getting sick of these empty seats all around me at the Maryville Football Games this year. What in the world has happened. We had more people coming to the games when we were climbing the ladder then when we got on top of the ladder. Not sure if games aren't fun any more because of no competition or winning just got boring or what. I've watched people that have kids playing over the years and after they're gone they never come back, Hate that.  I myself get tired of listening to public address system wearing us out with stadium rules, and mentioning the sponsors so many times during the game it makes you sick. Can't even talk to the person beside you for the guy on the P.A. system running his mouth like a bugle on a gooses hind end. The guy announces all these silly rules but I'm not the one that made the paper for keeping some elderly lady from sleeping at 9 p.m. and fixing to get the school in some kind of lawsuit over it. Put a sock in it or someone please bring a roll of Duct Tape and see if that works.

Well that might have something to do with one of your supposed fans trolling wb threads all year. Not trying to be a jerk but that was arguably the worst game wb played all year. 2 dropped passes that would have been TDs, our QB gave y'all a gift , and we missed 2 extra points and still only lost by a point. Mo east has improved greatly from last year but they won't have anything for Maryville.

This bellyaching is old now. Listen gov91, WB had size and good looking players in pads this season but that is about as far as it went. The week 1 game vs Mo East can simply be summed up by saying Mo East had a high revving motor from their players and WB had a lethargic puttering motor from their players. The Govs EFFORT was plain sloppy and the Canes had close to 10 bad plays in that game that let WB make it close; which those bad plays have been very seldom for the Canes in all other games thus far. You consistently have mentioned the should've would've could've plays however you forget the gifts that were given to WB in the game. The cheap hit on East QB that messed him up bad for next 2 games after that game occurred on the play where East dropped a TD pass and didn't score on that drive. I seen 1 dropped TD pass from WB in that game, I don't know where the 2nd one you mention was at, and that missed FG was not close to going in. #10 Overbay had 3 really off plays that WB capitalized on in passing game and he has been a playmaking stud this season. WB LITERALLY had 3 or 4 successful running plays during the entire game, but I must give props to the last successful run where the RB kept himself from falling after being sandwiched and he scooted to the end zone. My biggest immediate recommendation for WB program is to get in much better physical conditioning and improve on football athleticism. The Govs really did look like Tarzan and play like Jane. Maybe the Govs could have capitalized on another one of those bad plays from the Canes if they would have given better hustle.

Getting sick of these empty seats all around me at the Maryville Football Games this year. What in the world has happened. We had more people coming to the games when we were climbing the ladder then when we got on top of the ladder. Not sure if games aren't fun any more because of no competition or winning just got boring or what. I've watched people that have kids playing over the years and after they're gone they never come back, Hate that. I myself get tired of listening to public address system wearing us out with stadium rules, and mentioning the sponsors so many times during the game it makes you sick. Can't even talk to the person beside you for the guy on the P.A. system running his mouth like a bugle on a gooses hind end. The guy announces all these silly rules but I'm not the one that made the paper for keeping some elderly lady from sleeping at 9 p.m. and fixing to get the school in some kind of lawsuit over it. Put a sock in it or someone please bring a roll of Duct Tape and see

if that works.

People aren't showing up because they know maryville will invariably win

by 30 or 40 points every week. where's the fun in

that?It was fun for the fans for a couple of years but now its just a formality, maryville will always win. this is why I never go to maryville games. I only went to the bradley game last night because my half sisters little brother (#4) was starting for bradley.

This bellyaching is old now. Listen gov91, WB had size and good looking players in pads this season but that is about as far as it went. The week 1 game vs Mo East can simply be summed up by saying Mo East had a high revving motor from their players and WB had a lethargic puttering motor from their players. The Govs EFFORT was plain sloppy and the Canes had close to 10 bad plays in that game that let WB make it close; which those bad plays have been very seldom for the Canes in all other games thus far. You consistently have mentioned the should've would've could've plays however you forget the gifts that were given to WB in the game. The cheap hit on East QB that messed him up bad for next 2 games after that game occurred on the play where East dropped a TD pass and didn't score on that drive. I seen 1 dropped TD pass from WB in that game, I don't know where the 2nd one you mention was at, and that missed FG was not close to going in. #10 Overbay had 3 really off plays that WB capitalized on in passing game and he has been a playmaking stud this season. WB LITERALLY had 3 or 4 successful running plays during the entire game, but I must give props to the last successful run where the RB kept himself from falling after being sandwiched and he scooted to the end zone. My biggest immediate recommendation for WB program is to get in much better physical conditioning and improve on football athleticism. The Govs really did look like Tarzan and play like Jane. Maybe the Govs could have capitalized on another one of those bad plays from the Canes if they would have given better hustle.

who is belly aching? Y'all are the ones who keep starting arguments with me, not the other way around. I simply said I thought Bradley is much better than mo east, which is true. Edited by Governors91

People aren't showing up because they know maryville will invariably win

by 30 or 40 points every week. where's the fun in

that?It was fun for the fans for a couple of years but now its just a formality, maryville will always win. this is why I never go to maryville games. I only went to the bradley game last night because my half sisters little brother (#4) was starting for bradley.

Winning always will be fun for me. I love the way Maryville has been playing the last 15 years. I also know it will come to an end one day. George Quarles and his staff won't be there forever. It makes sense to go watch good football. I am old enough to remember the 70s. I remember watching the 76 and 78 teams. I remember how good Maryville was during the days Ted Wilson was head coach. Wilson had great assistants like Don Story,Lynn Brown and Mark Humphrey. When Wilson,Story and Brown left Maryville, The Rebel program slipped big time.

Winning beats the crap out of losing. I won't take the Maryville success for granted because of what happened to my other favorite football team. I love the Tennessee Vols as much if not more than Maryville. These days I enjoy Maryville football way more than UT Football. Maryville winning State Titles will never get old for me.