Maryville plays Morristown-East in the 2nd round of the Playoffs

BigDave1967

I like the grit that Mo East has shown this season.  From going 1-9 last season until now is an unbelievable feat.  Can they keep the magic going against the powerhouse Rebel team? 

Kudos to the players, coaches, and community....what a turn around from last year.  But, IMO, the season will come to an abrupt end Friday night.  Murvil just has too much firepower for the Canes, IMO.

East will finally feel the pain Trojan fans felt in the early-mid 2000s. I'll be rooting for the Canes in this one but I think GQ will have the Rebs hitting on all cylinders after the slow start in round 1.

I'm still thawing out from a Saturday afternoon game in 2003 at West. That was a classic Morristown West vs Maryville game. I just wish the score was flipped and it would have been more bearable.

I hope this past week learns the team to take care of the business that is in front of them this week instead of thinking about down the road.

I hope we get the same Marryville team that started out last Friday. We need them to overlook Morristown East some so we can at-lease make it to half-time with a change in the 2nd half.greatest equalizer in sports is turnovers. It only takes a few mistake togo East way, for us to have a chance. All we want is a chance late in the 4qty.

Edited by EASTFAN

Getting sick of these empty seats all around me at the Maryville Football Games this year. What in the world has happened. We had more people coming to the games when we were climbing the ladder then when we got on top of the ladder. Not sure if games aren't fun any more because of no competition or winning just got boring or what. I've watched people that have kids playing over the years and after they're gone they never come back, Hate that.  I myself get tired of listening to public address system wearing us out with stadium rules, and mentioning the sponsors so many times during the game it makes you sick. Can't even talk to the person beside you for the guy on the P.A. system running his mouth like a bugle on a gooses hind end. The guy announces all these silly rules but I'm not the one that made the paper for keeping some elderly lady from sleeping at 9 p.m. and fixing to get the school in some kind of lawsuit over it. Put a sock in it or someone please bring a roll of Duct Tape and see if that works.

I know he is told to announce all the stuff by other folks who are in charge.  However, I do know people who sit on the visitors side because of the loudness.  It got worse this year when the speakers were moved from the scoreboard to the home side.  I also know casual fans who say they don't like coming because it's too much and too loud.

I know he is told to announce all the stuff by other folks who are in charge.  However, I do know people who sit on the visitors side because of the loudness.  It got worse this year when the speakers were moved from the scoreboard to the home side.  I also know casual fans who say they don't like coming because it's too much and too loud.

Come onn now OR2......Maybee ewe wood prefer tha PA feller thait thay haiv att Farrah-Gut.....He souwnded like Samson's gurlfriend "Dee-lie-lah" thait momma puts on tha ray-deo att nite two maik hur go two sleep...... :rolleyes:

Edited by STARSNBARS
  • Upvote 1

Were you at the game Friday?  I came up and talked with several of the Coach T crowd, looked for you and didn't see you. 

I remember going to Lenior City, Powell and Catholic and the P.A. system would bust your eardrums and now we are doing the same thing to our people.