CAK @ Alcoa (round 2)

BCsportsfan

Trousdale County: Dominance Over 1A and 2A Football in Tennessee

Robert HeadleyGrowing up in Hartsville, Tennessee I honestly can say that I have witnessed my fair share of championship football. Some of the teams I have seen play over the years ruled the field with complete dominance. I may be biased but the Trousdale County Yellow Jackets are one of the finest football programs in the entire state with championships and records to prove it.

With 8 state championships (1922, 1972, 1990, 1993, 1997, 1998, 2005 and 2008) only a few other teams can claim more state football titles in Tennessee than Trousdale county. The championship teams in 1990, 1997, 2005 and 2008 all went undefeated. The fact that they have made the playoffs every year since 1988 is just another testament to the program's consistency. Since 1990 the Trousdale County Yellow Jackets have either won the championship in 1A or lost to the eventual champion 15 out of the 19 seasons. So you can truly say that the 1A championship goes through Trousdale County.

The 1997 undefeated championship team should be considered one of the best teams in Tennessee high school football history. That team still holds the record for points scored in a season with 733 points through 15 games. The biggest stat from that season is the fact that they outscored their opponents 733-63. That means that over the course of the season they only allowed an average of 4 points a game while scoring nearly 50 points a game! The 1997 Trousdale County Yellow Jackets capped off a great season with a 45-0 win in the state championship against Clarksville Academy.

Devilfanatic and uppercumberland are smokin the good stuff! Atleast it makes for good entertainment! Alcoa's second team minus the 20 starters would beat Trousdale. Taking nothing away from a great Trousdale team, but Alcoa is on a different level. I guess its because of recruiting...even though most kids come from the same few streets. It is amazing how we keep recruiting kids with the same last name!!!!!

And the same Bloodlines, DNA, Ancestry, ECT......