Blackman at Maryville.

tennesseestud2013

After watching the Oakland game earlier today, here are some keys:

1. Zone play for BHS scares me to death. MHS has to keep gap responsibility. RBs and QB are really good runners.

2. If BHS has to throw it, it will be over. The QB is not very effective with his arm.

3. NO WAY BHS can play defense against us like that. We will throw for as many yards as GQ wants to.

4. #11 is your best defensive player.

5. With some success in the running game for MHS, the play action will torch the Blaze.

6. This should be a GREAT game. Who can capitalize on opportunities will be the difference in this one.

Happy Thanksgiving!

good observations for the Oakland game...but the problem is...this was the Oakland game which was a wet and sloppy game in which it was nearly impossible to throw the ball...our QB can throw...over 1300 yards with 14 td's and only about 5 int's...he is a tad raw but has a rocket arm (why duke and ohio state have offered him at QB) and WR's that can fly...

After reading the comments, here's my prediction: Maryville 42 Blackman 21. M's offense has a good balance of pass (QB Garrett, WR Carroll) and run (Prevo, Burgess, Nickerson, Porter) effectiveness. Their two defensive powerhouses Jackson and TD Blackmon are a big part of the defense. The O line is pretty strong with Drew Curtis at center. John Garrett has many many options for receivers in Prevo, Miller, Tillery, Carroll, and Brock just to name a few. B's running game is quite a bit stronger than the pass, and I think if M can halfway-decently shut down their run game, they'll have to pass, which is their weak spot if they have one. IF, and IF B is FORCED to pass, Maryville wins easily. But I think M will have a tough time totally shutting down the run. I expect the first half to be pretty close, but the Rebels will pull ahead and prevail in the second half. The state championship game is with no doubt at Maryville in this game. M and B could easily take care if White Station and Hendersonville by at least 30 points.

Gameday. Turkey hangover. Leftover dressing and giblet gravy. Plenty of pie remains. Warmer day. State football semis tonight.

Very good team traveling to murvil today, and a very good team will be waiting for them. BHS will take the field with the confidence that most other teams don't. It should be a slugfest with every possession. Any turnovers will be huge. Have gone back and forth on predictions, but...

MURVIL IS THE WINNING TEAM! BHS IS THE LOSING TEAM! BIG NON-CALLS BY THE REFEREES! 31-21 IS THE SCOREBOARD!

Safe travels for all the blaze. I hope all the kids stay healthy during the game. :thumb:

Edited by strongx