South Pittsburg vs Union City (Moore man vs. Bowling man)

rlh

It's a hypothetical argument and moot at this point. All I'm saying is this SP team was nowhere near as good as advertised and in my opinion not the second best team in the state. Did that "speedy, powerful" SP offense put up 34 points on the UC defense?

No but teams from the past could have. Edited by horse
  • Upvote 2

I'm sure there are lots of good fans there. Just trying to shut Kickinchicken up. People saying how we get kids from everywhere and transfers gets old really quick. Kicken sounds like they guy that actually made those statements. Stupid is stupid does. I shouldn't have put you all in a basket. Loudest squeak gets the grease I guess. Hope to see you guys in Semis in SP next year if we can make it that far.

i agree brother. i hope to be in SP next year. I want to do some of my christmas shopping at the worlds largest hammers store and the lodge store. Im not being a smart a** i bought a coat and a skillet the last time i was there. Peace friend.

It's a hypothetical argument and moot at this point. All I'm saying is this SP team was nowhere near as good as advertised and in my opinion not the second best team in the state. Did that "speedy, powerful" SP offense put up 34 points on the UC defense?

Nope, how many times did UC turn the ball over last week? NCS will have their shot the next few years. SP will be down even more from where they are and you won't have to listen to anyone. Edited by TheAmbassador

SP should ship that silver ball to West Nashville cause even they & The Ambassador know they weren't the second best team in 1A this year! Maybe NCS can request to be in one of those easy Quads (1&2) next year.

Congratulations to Union City. They are one of the hardest working and hitting teams I've seen in a very long time.

Swo, are most of those big linemen coming back next year along with Garrett and Ricky?

LMBO. Ok. You mean the one where Union City put up 40 plus points? Come on guy. You are smarter than your letting on.

SP should ship that silver ball to West Nashville cause even they & The Ambassador know they weren't the second best team in 1A this year! Maybe NCS can request to be in one of those easy Quads (1&2) next year.

Congratulations to Union City. They are one of the hardest working and hitting teams I've seen in a very long time.

Swo, are most of those big linemen coming back next year along with Garrett and Ricky?

I think the Nashville area already has enough silver balls.

Bigdan I'm going to do my best to defend what we have accomplished here in UC. However I don't believe that you will put at trust in what I'm about to say. Open zoning. I live in town on a busy street, In front of my house every single day there is an OC bus and a UC bus that passes. Kids from my nieghborhood get on both buses. It's the parents choice. The truth of the matter is that UC has more of a focus on education than sports. I know for a fact this is true because my own children have attended both school systems and I have seen first hand the vast differance between the two. I reluctantly moved my oldest two boys from the county school system to UC back in 05. They didn;t want to go to UC but I, the parent, made the decision because of research I had done and decided my kids were better served in UC. I did not consider the sports program at all, but my oldest son did get him a ring in 09 because he was a senior DB and WO on that team. After that season my wife, not me,  felt like we should give the county another shot with my younger sons. Big mistake. It took only 1 year and we came back to the academics that UC offers. I have a sophomore who doesn't play football but baseball. We are so glad we made the move back.

Now I want to address the fact that you called my school, my town, my friends and my kids cheaters. Because that's what you did with your above comment. I think that you are pathetic. You can't celebrate with your team so you take shots and say things that you have absolutley no knowledge about and take the hard work these young men have put in and reduce the entire school system down to being dishonest and underhanded. I can tell you this now dude you wouldn't get away with that with me in the same room. The fact is that you are nothing more than a squall bag who couldn't get anything done when you played in your day and can't get anything done now so you get on a message board and insult a program that is above and beyond reproach so that you can justify the mediocre success you have had. I have said it before but now I intend to stick to it. You are completely and totally irrelevant. Nothing you say has any validation at all. So go ahead and blame the private schools, blame open zoning, blame whatever it is that you want to blame so you can feel better about never accomplishing your dreams. We will keep moving forward and improving while you sit and fester. I will never acknowledge that you exist again.

Try as you might you cant ignore me, i am in your head , you cant stop checking that phone to see if i have replied, well here goes, and try your best not to read it or acknowledge my existence. you're so caught up in trying to bash me that you dont realize you make my point for me.  a county with enough people in it to have 3 high schools , 1 of them a 4A, gives everyone the choice to go where they want. do you seriously not see the advantage this gives you.  oh you can thump your chest cause you have some junior football program that im sure makes you feel like a big time coach And you think you have played some role in UC's success.  but truth is this is where the kids are steered to UC.  Im sure a kid has never been told, "hey come to UC we got a chance to win state, you dont want to go to OC and not even make playoffs. UC success is directly related to the large population they can get football players from but still play in !A  I shouldnt have referred to UC as cheaters cause they are just making the best of the rules as they are.  So you do all this research and decide UC is the best place then your wife tells you different. sounds like you need to grow a pair and this makes me think i could say anything i wanted in that room you mentioned.  UC should have to get the multiplier or define their zone. Open zone schools have a greater advantage than privates.  i bet you read every bit of this

SP should ship that silver ball to West Nashville cause even they & The Ambassador know they weren't the second best team in 1A this year! Maybe NCS can request to be in one of those easy Quads (1&2) next year.

Congratulations to Union City. They are one of the hardest working and hitting teams I've seen in a very long time.

Swo, are most of those big linemen coming back next year along with Garrett and Ricky?

I dont give credit where it's not due, but I disagree with your statement. I call it like it is. At full strength SP was the second best team in 1A. They got what they deserved this year. In my opinion, Union City had the best team in 1A and 2A. Edited by TheAmbassador

Try as you might you cant ignore me, i am in your head , you cant stop checking that phone to see if i have replied, well here goes, and try your best not to read it or acknowledge my existence. you're so caught up in trying to bash me that you dont realize you make my point for me. a county with enough people in it to have 3 high schools , 1 of them a 4A, gives everyone the choice to go where they want. do you seriously not see the advantage this gives you. oh you can thump your chest cause you have some junior football program that im sure makes you feel like a big time coach And you think you have played some role in UC's success. but truth is this is where the kids are steered to UC. Im sure a kid has never been told, "hey come to UC we got a chance to win state, you dont want to go to OC and not even make playoffs. UC success is directly related to the large population they can get football players from but still play in !A I shouldnt have referred to UC as cheaters cause they are just making the best of the rules as they are. So you do all this research and decide UC is the best place then your wife tells you different. sounds like you need to grow a pair and this makes me think i could say anything i wanted in that room you mentioned. UC should have to get the multiplier or define their zone. Open zone schools have a greater advantage than privates. i bet you read every bit of this

And how many schools are in Nashville? You are an a-class idiot! See y'all next year, I'm out!

if west nashville was worth a ball they would be there. sour grapes

SP should ship that silver ball to West Nashville cause even they & The Ambassador know they weren't the second best team in 1A this year! Maybe NCS can request to be in one of those easy Quads (1&2) next year

I'm not going to say that you are wrong in that the second best team in the state was from the west as well.I'm also not going to say that you are right. I didn't see any of the other teams in the west play so I can't answer that. But by your logic then the west should ship plenty of their silver trophies to the east. I remember many times when the best game in the playoffs was the SP/Trousdale matchups or SP/Gordonsville and even a SP/BGA matchup when our current coach was their D coordinator. In the end it doesn't matter, none of us are content with the silver. We want gold.

Once again congratulations to Union City on winning the gold.

I don't mind listening to everyone. That's half the fun on here. I'm just learning to be more discerning. When BigSwo and JDOGG tell me we are going to have a heck of a time stopping the veer with one week of preparation - I'll believe them. Not so with some of the outlandish things I read on here the past week.

NCS will have their shot the next few years. SP will be down even more from where they are and you won't have to listen to anyone.