HENDERSONVILLE vs. MARYVILLE 6A Championship

Newcastle

A lot of people have continued to disrespect 9-AAA not only this year but in past years. Other than Maryville's dominance and maybe district 16 name another district (class 5 or 6) who have accomplished what this district has over the past several years. Beech has 2 titles, MJ had back to back semi final appearances, Hville went to the 5A finals in 2010 and semifinals in 2011. This district plays a physical brand of football and every time you take the field regardless of varsity, JV, or freshman you know there it is going to be a physical contest. What has helped Hville this year is the depth we have that helped us overcome the numerous injuries we had early and mid season. Ask MJ, Beech, and WC how injuries can cripple your season. I have watched Corey Jones play since he was a 7th grader and I know what type of ability he has and what type of character he has. He has had bad luck with injuries (missed 6 games last year and 4 this year) but he never complains he just shows up every day ready to work and get better. Basically in a nutshell that is our team, no D1's, no prima donnas, we didn't even have anybody make the TACA all star game (I find that hard to believe). One more thing, Josh Malone, Vic Wharton, Rashaan Gaulden, Finis Stribling, and Petera Wilson all know who Corey Jones is.

I'm still kicking myself Indy game - to HHS credit Indy didn't lose it you won it being the better team... Team with heart , maybe an Auburn..

Watched preseason and how it went along , you were the ugly sister , not getting much love and early didn't deserve any ( losing to Brentwood ) but you stayed the course and here ya are ....

No offense ya look at your FB and say to yourself that kid should be the tuba player but after watching him kid is fast and runs very very hard .....

Want ya to win but can't see you stopping that Qb from MHS, he is very impressive

Really? Tuba player? I've seen the kid play since the time he was 7 and he has always excelled. He's 5.9-5.11, 230 pounds and runs in the neighborhood of a 4.6. Oh, I forgot he's not committed to the SEC... Should've been a tuba player.

SMH

A lot of people have continued to disrespect 9-AAA not only this year but in past years. Other than Maryville's dominance and maybe district 16 name another district (class 5 or 6) who have accomplished what this district has over the past several years. Beech has 2 titles, MJ had back to back semi final appearances, Hville went to the 5A finals in 2010 and semifinals in 2011. This district plays a physical brand of football and every time you take the field regardless of varsity, JV, or freshman you know there it is going to be a physical contest. What has helped Hville this year is the depth we have that helped us overcome the numerous injuries we had early and mid season. Ask MJ, Beech, and WC how injuries can cripple your season. I have watched Corey Jones play since he was a 7th grader and I know what type of ability he has and what type of character he has. He has had bad luck with injuries (missed 6 games last year and 4 this year) but he never complains he just shows up every day ready to work and get better. Basically in a nutshell that is our team, no D1's, no prima donnas, we didn't even have anybody make the TACA all star game (I find that hard to believe). One more thing, Josh Malone, Vic Wharton, Rashaan Gaulden, Finis Stribling, and Petera Wilson all know who Corey Jones is.

Careful mondo...you are going to stir up 7aaa....best district in the world. Seriously, I am not that familiar with 9aaa because our paths have not crossed. However, your record speaks for itself. I look forward to the game this Saturday and I don't think you will find disrespect from true maryville fans. Hendersonville is not in the state championship game for no reason, they have earned it. Looking forward to a great game.

Hville started 1 player both ways last Friday night and it wasn't #34 Jones. Of the 20 + years I have followed them this is the least number that have started both ways. They will rotate several players on both sides but only 1 starts.

I just quoted what his profile said. I haven't seen any film of them (him) except what STARSNBARS posted

I'm still kicking myself Indy game - to HHS credit Indy didn't lose it you won it being the better team... Team with heart , maybe an Auburn..

Watched preseason and how it went along , you were the ugly sister , not getting much love and early didn't deserve any ( losing to Brentwood ) but you stayed the course and here ya are ....

No offense ya look at your FB and say to yourself that kid should be the tuba player but after watching him kid is fast and runs very very hard .....

Want ya to win but can't see you stopping that Qb from MHS, he is very impressive

Corey Jones? That's one hoss of a tuba player..

I don't know if people have legitimately tried to disrespect 9AAA through the years. I believe most have been biased toward their team, district or area. 3AAA had a good year in 5A and if you remember one fan was posting how 3AAA was the greatest and Matt Fox is the best player in TN. I don't think it is disrespect, but a lack of respect from being uninformed. Being from 9AAA, Jalen Hurd is the best prospect and player and Josh Malone was the best active player this year. Biased but most national media and scouts agree.

Careful mondo...you are going to stir up 7aaa....best district in the world. Seriously, I am not that familiar with 9aaa because our paths have not crossed. However, your record speaks for itself. I look forward to the game this Saturday and I don't think you will find disrespect from true maryville fans. Hendersonville is not in the state championship game for no reason, they have earned it. Looking forward to a great game.

Don't see too many 7AAA people now. Just Maryville posters on their thread as well.

Why do we keep bringing up the fact that not many Hville fans post on here? Anyways, nice breakdown

Another thing tho, I keep seeing things things on social media and in the newspapers about this being Hville's first trip to the state championship at the highest classification. While it obviously is their first year in 6A and first trip to the 6A championship.. Hville went to the 5A Championship in 98 and 01 when THAT was the highest classification. While they came up short on both meetings to then powerhouses Riverdale and Oakland, this is actually their 3rd trip to State in the highest classification and their 4th trip overall in the last 15 years. That's a pretty impressive span of time for Hatfield and company.

No disrespect intended. It is not the lack of H'ville posters but, more the abundance of Maryville posters I believe. I am just waiting to decipher a post from STARSNBARS.

Eye jist waint our littull fellurs two play hard and down't taik ennythang fer granted......Hennursunville looks like a tuff, ole smashmouth teem two me.....

nd66 like eye sed befour and eye told Cragar and Stork....#12 ain't gonna empress ennybodee inn warm-ups.....Butt put tha bawl in his hands and he iz az Paul W. Bryant used ta say....

"He aint nuthin' but a WINNER"............ :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS