Hampton Bulldogs Basketball

fieldsaj1

Great job. Hampton players, coaches and fans are having a great season. Ned Smith has done a fine job with getting everyone to play together. It is hard to get players to buy into playing as a team and not thinking about how many points they need to score to be MVP. Some how Ned sold team ball to this bunch and they bought it. Hampton has won five regionals since 1982 and Ned has played or coached in all of them. Good luck and best wishes.

Yeah, Ned was the point guard on the last team to do it, back in 92. Really, that fourth quarter was gut-check time, and they got it done. South Greene really played well up until that fourth quarter, but HHS toughened up. It's so hard to beat the same team 4 times in a season, and I was really dreading this one.

Great job. Hampton players, coaches and fans are having a great season. Ned Smith has done a fine job with getting everyone to play together. It is hard to get players to buy into playing as a team and not thinking about how many points they need to score to be MVP. Some how Ned sold team ball to this bunch and they bought it. Hampton has won five regionals since 1982 and Ned has played or coached in all of them. Good luck and best wishes.

Whos this guy?? Trying to steal my handle!

I think Hampton has a great shot to advance, playing at home in a substate game is a HUGE bonus, GCA B-ball looks just like their football team. Every kid in every position looks like they were hand picked to play that position. Tall long arms at the center , Tall and muscled up kids at the PF , Long armed athletic SG , Small quick PG. AND they all have a solid backup.

How do they get kids like that in highschool for every sport? Its kinda like they go find these kids and bring em in. SURELY a Christian school wouldnt cheat to win would they?

AHHHHHH sarcasm at its finest.lol

I think Hampton has a great shot to advance, playing at home in a substate game is a HUGE bonus, GCA B-ball looks just like their football team. Every kid in every position looks like they were hand picked to play that position. Tall long arms at the center , Tall and muscled up kids at the PF , Long armed athletic SG , Small quick PG. AND they all have a solid backup.

How do they get kids like that in highschool for every sport? Its kinda like they go find these kids and bring em in. SURELY a Christian school wouldnt cheat to win would they?

They can call the school anything they want to, but its really turned into a sports magnet.Ijust wonder where their next QB will come from. I'll be shocked if they don't get a new transfer. Happens every time.

Good question....When looking on my cell phone last night, I replied to his post thinking is WAS you! LOL!!!

As for GCA, they beat us by one at their house at the start of the season...We play our game, we'll be fine...To win from here on, each of these boys needs to step up! I hope the close game last night helped EACH to see that all is needed to do what they are good at....Wont win with only one or two performing from here on

Edited by uknoit2

Good question....When looking on my cell phone last night, I replied to his post thinking is WAS you! LOL!!!

As for GCA, they beat us by one at their house at the start of the season...We play our game, we'll be fine...To win from here on, each of these boys needs to step up! I hope the close game last night helped EACH to see that all is needed to do what they are good at....Wont win with only one or two performing from here on

I like our chances, but its gonna take 4 quarters. I'm sure these kids know whats at stake.

I like our chances, but its gonna take 4 quarters. I'm sure these kids know whats at stake.

We started out last night like the Hampton team we saw the last few games of these tournaments...On fire and aggressive...Then it went crazy...Something just wasn't right and clicking last night...Best to get it worked out NOW before they step on the floor against GCA.

I watched Hampton play GC early this year without Hampton having their football players.....I know GC did not have their's either.  Does anyone know how much talent GC gained from the football team?

Durden, I asked that question weeks ago...The answer seemed to be that GCA didn't gain as much from their  FB players as HHS did...Im not even sure if FB players go to school there and also play basketball...Ya know!

Maybe gcapride or another will stop by and give some insight

I gotta give it to you Hampton fans.  82 pages...cool.  I kept up with you guys on threads during football season (not so much here, as I'm not a round ball fan).  As I was saying, I gotta give it to you all; you're a pretty loyal and passionate bunch.  Good luck to you Dogs and I'll catch you all during football season.