What do Y'all think the top 10 6A teams will be in 2014?

BigDave1967

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville has too many starters returning and the upcoming classes are loaded. They probably won't be stopped in 2014

Might not want to count chickens before their hatched. Prevo and Garrett are going to be very hard to replace. If either one of those two had been missing against Blackman we would have been setting at home. The rest of the team should only get better because of the front seven back on defense and six back on offense. Prevo was the best back to play at Maryville and Garrett set records that I don't see anyone coming close to so expect a major fall off at those two positions which are the most two valuable positions on the team when the rubber meets the road. Maryville has other QB's and RB's but when the going got tough GQ had to pull his outside linebacker onto offense or he would have been in trouble. If I said I wasn't worried about those two positions then I would be lying.  I've been surprised before in the past when I thought a certain player had limits and they showed me wrong but I can say this, if there is to much of a fall off at either one of those positions Maryville's last game next year will be in the quarter finals against Blackman or Oakland.

Might not want to count chickens before their hatched. Prevo and Garrett are going to be very hard to replace. If either one of those two had been missing against Blackman we would have been setting at home. The rest of the team should only get better because of the front seven back on defense and six back on offense. Prevo was the best back to play at Maryville and Garrett set records that I don't see anyone coming close to so expect a major fall off at those two positions which are the most two valuable positions on the team when the rubber meets the road. Maryville has other QB's and RB's but when the going got tough GQ had to pull his outside linebacker onto offense or he would have been in trouble. If I said I wasn't worried about those two positions then I would be lying.  I've been surprised before in the past when I thought a certain player had limits and they showed me wrong but I can say this, if there is to much of a fall off at either one of those positions Maryville's last game next year will be in the quarter finals against Blackman or Oakland.

No doubt we have a few holes that need to be filled, but GQ gets the absolute best out of players and will have them ready to go come August. The 'nobody' players one season always seem to step up and be the leaders the next season. Before the 2013 season began, GQ said that both QBs Garrett AND Vaught could BOTH start. Obviously Garrett started, and Vaught is returning in 2014. If he could've started this past year, I'm sure he'll be more than ready to go next season. The center position is a big hole too. When Jay Guillermo left for Clemson, Drew Curtis stepped up and filled the spot pretty well. After P-Rob left for Vandy, up came Nick Meyers, then Garrett, and now probably Vaught. RBs will be no problem either. Yes, Prevo is leaving, but we also had two more great RBs as well that got playing time. Jaylen Burgess and Jaylen Nickerson. Also, freshman Evan Porter got some playing time this season as well, so he'll probably get in a lot in 2014. Wide receivers will be fine as well. Cody Carroll leaves a big gap, but Brian Tillery will add to the offense as well. He played a bit in Cookeville. Also, Bryce Miller stepped up the second half of 2013, so I imagine he'll be a great leader this year. On defense, linebackers Fr. TD Blackmon and Jr. Dylan Shinsky will be returning. Other freshman Matt Young started in the beginning of the season, but got injured and didn’t play the rest of the season. This year’s freshman class has a LOT of talent, but most of them were hurt. They’ll be healthy this year, so I expect a few of them to start. Maryville always gets better after every game. I think they’ll be just fine……

Barnee haz a point...Butt GQ cain brang arownd a QB wif tha best ov 'em...Howevur Garrett's explohits this yeer may bee hard two evur top...Eye meen 2800 yards passin', 1000 rushin' and one pic on a tipped bawl??...And Prevo iz tha ulteemait gaimer....

Butt we ere purtee loaded on tha deefensive side....Mite knott haiv two scorr two minny two winn...And eye'll garr-un-tee eweun's GQ will scheam and moove tha bawl on jist abowt ennybodee..... :popcorneater:

Might not want to count chickens before their hatched. Prevo and Garrett are going to be very hard to replace. If either one of those two had been missing against Blackman we would have been setting at home. The rest of the team should only get better because of the front seven back on defense and six back on offense. Prevo was the best back to play at Maryville and Garrett set records that I don't see anyone coming close to so expect a major fall off at those two positions which are the most two valuable positions on the team when the rubber meets the road. Maryville has other QB's and RB's but when the going got tough GQ had to pull his outside linebacker onto offense or he would have been in trouble. If I said I wasn't worried about those two positions then I would be lying. I've been surprised before in the past when I thought a certain player had limits and they showed me wrong but I can say this, if there is to much of a fall off at either one of those positions Maryville's last game next year will be in the quarter finals against Blackman or Oakland.

I was thinking the exact same thing.it really will be interesting to see how Murvil does without those two. Having said that, GQ always finds a way to coach kids up and have them ready to go.

I was thinking the exact same thing.it really will be interesting to see how Murvil does without those two. Having said that, GQ always finds a way to coach kids up and have them ready to go.

Most fans, including lots of Rebel fans, didn't really know who John Garrett was (prior to the 2013 season), much less how good he might be.  Over the GQ years when Rebel QBs left, fans often worried.  GQ always came up with a replacement. There are probably more John Garretts on the roster at many positions.

Might not want to count chickens before their hatched. Prevo and Garrett are going to be very hard to replace. If either one of those two had been missing against Blackman we would have been setting at home. The rest of the team should only get better because of the front seven back on defense and six back on offense. Prevo was the best back to play at Maryville and Garrett set records that I don't see anyone coming close to so expect a major fall off at those two positions which are the most two valuable positions on the team when the rubber meets the road. Maryville has other QB's and RB's but when the going got tough GQ had to pull his outside linebacker onto offense or he would have been in trouble. If I said I wasn't worried about those two positions then I would be lying. I've been surprised before in the past when I thought a certain player had limits and they showed me wrong but I can say this, if there is to much of a fall off at either one of those positions Maryville's last game next year will be in the quarter finals against Blackman or Oakland.

You definitely hit the nail on the head Barn. Rumor is that outside backer going baseball only puts us in a real bind. Be lucky to make playoffs I guess. I believe we will be back strong for 2015. IMO