Early predictions for 8-AA 2014

Official via Twitter, tssaa is down.

4a

#7 Chattanooga Central (6-4) vs. #2 LA (9-1)

# 5 DC (5-5) vs. #4 Signal Mountain (8-2)

#8 Macon County (5-5) vs. #1 Loudon (10-0)

3a

#5 York (5-5) vs. #4 Upperman (6-4)

https://twitter.com/CoachTcom

It's a screwed up system when the 6 place team in district gets to host the 3 rd place team because of a soft soft non district schedule. Glad it is changing

It's a screwed up system when the 6 place team in district gets to host the 3 rd place team because of a soft soft non district schedule. Glad it is changing

Could not agree more!! Looks like when the pairing are from the same district the higher seed in the district should at least host. Oh well, better than driving to Chattanooga. Good luck dragons!

some very fine players. If everyone could help I have a question, why was Ely never a me football finalist last year? He received a full scholarship to the number 15 d1aa school in the nation and behind York was unsung leader of the team. He finished first in voting for all state defensive lineman followed by 3 alcoa players. One being mr football. I have always followed local football but never attended too many games, until this year a few games in I started attending Upperman games realizing they may have something special. While York was the show Ely just always kept the defense intact. And people say there was stat padding, which I don't agree with for the most part, defensively he played very little in the 4th quarter in games that weren't close but had ridiculous stats. (Newspaper had 80 tackle 24 tfl 12 sacks 8 batted down pick six) Anyone have any idea why no attention? And who were the lineman selected for 3a finalists?

a few years from now prople may look back and realize Ely was top 3 linrman in the entire state. Had offers to several school. Even a few small d-1's. Hard to pass up a 275k schoolarship to a great d-1aa program that's almost ivey league in education.

I know this is kind of silly, but I found myself thinking about it last night, so here it goes. Could you take the top players from 8-aa, lets say two deep, put them on a single team and would they be one of the best teams in the state? Could they compete and beat the Maryville's and Blackmon's?

last year yes. Not this year. Imagine Milan and Manning lined up behind CYork. Stevons,Hollars,Elderidge, and hedgecoth at WR. Defense have kid like Ely, Dildine, Phillips,Creekbohm, Gill, Linder, Boss...

I know this is kind of silly, but I found myself thinking about it last night, so here it goes. Could you take the top players from 8-aa, lets say two deep, put them on a single team and would they be one of the best teams in the state? Could they compete and beat the Maryville's and Blackmon's?

Good conversation topic, I have thought about this before and would say most years would be a yes.