Maryville gloating accepted in this thread, calm down on the others

BackinTN

Fellers moore "gloatin" stuff, frum a cupple years ago.....Tha reesun fer Mairvul's and Alcoee's success???.....Rite hear att 3:45 on this viddy-o here hit fer yoresefs frum a Mairvul AayLumm.....Liburry Cards bye haif tha rezidents ov Mairvul, Alcoee and Blunt Cowntee!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... :popcorneater: 

Loved listening to Lamar. I remember when he showed up in 1978 at the championship game with his plaid shirt.

I'm not gloating but I want to thank everyone that runs the Maryville School System when we have to set and watch what all is going on over in the Knox School System. My heart couldn't take that kind of punishment if I lived over there and had to put up with what all those people are having to deal with. Sometimes you don't realize how good things are until you see a mess like that going on right next door to you.

• Upvote 1

I have never seen a maryville fan on here brag- degrade an opponent or gloat . my kids go to one of those bad private schools that steal all the kids from brentwood high school .. ( which is a joke since I am a paying parent and it was my choice)

I find the maryville posters to be respectful and complimentary of whoever they play. Like I have said a million times if your neighbor has a new Lexus you don't go over and beat it up with a sledge hammer because you don't have one.

What they have accomplished over the years and how they go about doing it reflects well on our state. So go beat up the Lexus if it makes you guys feel better but a new one will be in the driveway next year

BUMP! Maryville is one CLASSY PROGRAM from top to bottom and all involved!! :thumb:

I'm not gloating but I want to thank everyone that runs the Maryville School System when we have to set and watch what all is going on over in the Knox School System. My heart couldn't take that kind of punishment if I lived over there and had to put up with what all those people are having to deal with. Sometimes you don't realize how good things are until you see a mess like that going on right next door to you.

This is one of the reasons places like Maryville, Alcoa, and Greeneville are successful.  In Chattanooga (Hamilton County Department of Education) there are 18 high schools fighting and competing for resources.  The central office is totally dysfunctional and wasteful of the taxpayers' dollars.  Principals and Athletic Directors are shifted around every year to keep the schools destabilized, and all of the administrators, teachers, and coaches are afraid of drawing the superintendent's wrath.  The HCDE does not support athletics and athletic facilities.  They keep building or renovating small schools and duplicating services, rather than consolidating into larger schools.  They waste so much money that they cannot even adequately support academics and academic facilities, much less athletics.  In a metropolitan area, carved-up by school zone boundaries and political in-fighting, it is difficult to develop any sense of "community" around a given high school or build any type of "tradition" over time.

Be thankful for what you have.  Things will not change in Hamilton County, and we will all just have to try to make the best of the situation.

I have never seen a maryville fan on here brag- degrade an opponent or gloat . my kids go to one of those bad private schools that steal all the kids from brentwood high school .. ( which is a joke since I am a paying parent and it was my choice)

I find the maryville posters to be respectful and complimentary of whoever they play. Like I have said a million times if your neighbor has a new Lexus you don't go over and beat it up with a sledge hammer because you don't have one.

What they have accomplished over the years and how they go about doing it reflects well on our state. So go beat up the Lexus if it makes you guys feel better but a new one will be in the driveway next year

I agree BigDave !! Glad we got a Gloating thread to Celebrate it too , great Idea ... whoever started it !! Just Imagine ... Maryville has played 15 Game Seasons for 10 Straight years now ... When a lot of those poor guys are having to sit back and watch our Threads , or watch our team to get their Football fill .... Those poor guys ... I guess having to watch the same ol team year after year after year would just about drive some of them Crazy ..... with Jealousy .... lol 

Now you have.

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.† Aldous Huxley

In October 1930, the English occultist Aleister Crowley dined with Huxley in Berlin, and to this day rumours persist that Crowley introduced Huxley to peyote on that occasion.[citation needed] He was introduced to mescaline (the key active ingredient of peyote) by the psychiatrist Humphry Osmond in 1953, taking it for the first time during the evening of May 5.[20] Through Dr. Osmond, Huxley met millionaire Alfred Matthew Hubbard who would deal with LSD on a wholesale basis.[21] On 24 December 1955, Huxley took his first dose of LSD. Indeed, Huxley was a pioneer of self-directed psychedelic drug use "in a search for enlightenment". According to a letter written by his wife Laura, Huxley requested and received two intramuscular injections of 100 micrograms of LSD as he lay dying.[22] His psychedelic drug experiences are described in the essays The Doors of Perception (the title deriving from some lines in the book The Marriage of Heaven and heck by William Blake), and Heaven and heck. Some of his writings on psychedelics became frequent reading among early hippies.[23] While living in Los Angeles, Huxley was a friend of Ray Bradbury. According to Sam Weller's biography of Bradbury, the latter was dissatisfied with Huxley, especially after Huxley encouraged Bradbury to take psychedelic drugs.

After doing the Google on your quote, I have more insight on where you are coming from. My insight was obtained without mind altering substances.

Edited by Red Rebels