Darel Middleton-Maryville Rumors?

JSamson7

I will believe it when I see it. I remember 10 years ago hearing Logan Love and Dustin Lindsey were transfering to Maryville. Also 10 years ago I heard Jimmy Clausen was coming to Maryville. I also heard Baron Huber and Lee Smith were coming to Maryville 10 years ago. 3 years ago I heard Todd Kelly JR was coming to Maryville. None of those ever happened.

Well from looking at the way things have turned out the last 10 years , I'd say that not only is Starz a great recruiter , he's also great at talent /productivity evaluations ... I bet he has some high tech mathematical formulas involved that we could never even dream about interpreting !!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will believe it when I see it. I remember 10 years ago hearing Logan Love and Dustin Lindsey were transfering to Maryville. Also 10 years ago I heard Jimmy Clausen was coming to Maryville. I also heard Baron Huber and Lee Smith were coming to Maryville 10 years ago. 3 years ago I heard Todd Kelly JR was coming to Maryville. None of those ever happened.

But, Aaron Douglas, Tyler Clendenen and Brent Burnett did.  Those were pretty good move ins.

Well from looking at the way things have turned out the last 10 years , I'd say that not only is Starz a great recruiter , he's also great at talent /productivity evaluations ... I bet he has some high tech mathematical formulas involved that we could never even dream about interpreting !!

Maybe you guys could send a few good players to Warrior Drive? How about it STARS?

The way things are going over there in Knoxville with all the mess regarding the administration that I'm surprised Alcoa and Maryville both haven't been run over with transfers trying to escape that circus.

It is a circus over there.....but there are only so many kids that Maryville can put on the field at one time, so as great as Maryville is, and as superior as GQ is, there is still a limit to how many parents and players he can keep happy with playing time.  Not everyones goal in life is to get their kid to MHS, believe it or not.

It is a circus over there.....but there are only so many kids that Maryville can put on the field at one time, so as great as Maryville is, and as superior as GQ is, there is still a limit to how many parents and players he can keep happy with playing time.  Not everyones goal in life is to get their kid to MHS, believe it or not.

Your right Jake, about  Not everyone's goal in life is to get their kid to MHS, believe it or not.  There have been some in the past with special athletic skills and the parents with the financial means to just pick up and move over here because they felt their kid would have a better chance of catching the eye of a good college playing for Maryville and in most of those situations they panned out right.  For the average kid to move over would be a much harder task which gets back to your comment which is right.

Your right Jake, about Not everyone's goal in life is to get their kid to MHS, believe it or not. There have been some in the past with special athletic skills and the parents with the financial means to just pick up and move over here because they felt their kid would have a better chance of catching the eye of a good college playing for Maryville and in most of those situations they panned out right. For the average kid to move over would be a much harder task which gets back to your comment which is right.

I disagree 100% . I think a great athlete is going to get noticed no matter where they are. They don't need to go to maryville. Honestly I wish the trend of all the best talent transferring to maryville and Alcoa would end. I wish kids would be loyal to their schools and communities and stay put.

oh I will. It will happen eventually though . Going to maryville or Alcoa to play football is what's hip at this time. Gotta go to maryville or Alcoa to keep up with the joneses

How old were you 91 in 1997 ? 6? is that where 91 comes from ? Anyway , Maryville has been to the State Championship Game every year since 1997 except for 99 & 03 .... That's a pretty long time for just  " at this time "