CPA beats JPII by 50?

BigENS

I refuse to believe that one's salvation will be determined by who you left in a game instead of sitting.  "Is it the Christian thing to do?" is silly to ask in this forum.  One day way we enter the pearly gates and stand for judgment..... I just can't see God saying, "Hey, you remember that game in 2014 against Cascade???"

Thats so true, it doesn't matter what we do on the basketball court that will make a difference. I'm off this thread but i wish you all well and God bless

Actions speak louder than words. There are ways to keep the score down without embarrassing the opponent. CPA brings some of the hatred on themselves when they do things like this. Even defenders of CPA would have a hard time defending this type of action.

Are you showing your true Christian beliefs when you cast judgment and question the beliefs of others you don't even know in a game you didn't even see? I think not.

As I have posted before "let no corrupt communications proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers".

We all have beams in our eyes that we need to remove before we worry about the splinter in others eyes.

To just troll these boards waiting for any opportunity to slam CPA is certainly not a very good way to love your neighbor, and is quite frankly getting tiresome to those who want to discuss sports.

BTW, I've followed CPA sports for over 20 years, and I saw many games in the early years where we were on the other end of a blowout. How did we respond? We shook hands and pledged to get better. We didn't accuse the other team of lack of sportsmanship.

Sportsnerd:

I do believe you try to honestly answer questions, but try to see outside the CPA box, in particular on your BB team. Most everyone outside CPA feel this is an AAU team disguised as a high school. Can you blame them when you have stories of players such as the Greenbrier player whose parents "moved" in order for him to play at CPA and now are living in the same house they always had? Is this true? The same for the player in Murfreesboro whose family "moved" back there. Again these may just be stories, but it keeps adding to the public perception that CPA belongs in an AAU league or D2 TN vs D1 in TN. Add to the fact that the Tennessean wrote an article about the kid who is 11th in 3point scoring when he is putting them up with a 50 point lead, it doesn't help. Today I pick up the paper and another article is in there about another CPA player who I believe came form BGA.

As far as other sports, I believe the perception of CPA is positive, I have not heard complaints about FB, it appears your coach has elevated the existing talent base which has been there many years.

You can blow off my comments as hating if you want and keep justifying your BB program, or you can at least understand where the majority of the public perception comes from outside of CPA.

Sportsnerd:

I do believe you try to honestly answer questions, but try to see outside the CPA box, in particular on your BB team. Most everyone outside CPA feel this is an AAU team disguised as a high school. Can you blame them when you have stories of players such as the Greenbrier player whose parents "moved" in order for him to play at CPA and now are living in the same house they always had? Is this true? The same for the player in Murfreesboro whose family "moved" back there. Again these may just be stories, but it keeps adding to the public perception that CPA belongs in an AAU league or D2 TN vs D1 in TN. Add to the fact that the Tennessean wrote an article about the kid who is 11th in 3point scoring when he is putting them up with a 50 point lead, it doesn't help. Today I pick up the paper and another article is in there about another CPA player who I believe came form BGA.

As far as other sports, I believe the perception of CPA is positive, I have not heard complaints about FB, it appears your coach has elevated the existing talent base which has been there many years.

You can blow off my comments as hating if you want and keep justifying your BB program, or you can at least understand where the majority of the public perception comes from outside of CPA.

Hedahe:  That is a really good summary of how a lot of people feel when it comes to CPA basketball!

Edited by bjl1929

I do understand the perception of the basketball program. It has been kicked around in thousands of posts over the last 4 years on CoachT. I would not have a problem at all if CPA went D2. The only problem I have is that many posts and threads about this subject become personal attacks, including questioning people's faith and motivations, and they extend beyond a disagreement about the program structure and history to judging individuals, coaches, players, and other posters. Those who don't like what they perceive as CPA's indiscretions have a right to their opinion and perception, but their view loses credibility, IMO, when they attack a person they do not know and that person's character or faith.

For example:

I have a lot of problems with our federal government, but I know there are some good people in it.

I do appreciate the opposing views and predict CPA and other privates will be D2 one day.

Sportsnerd:

Those "stories" are true. Within the rules - yes. Happens in public and private. Public ex: Said player/Senior and family moved "maybe" 10 miles from prior address to play for diff school/zone. The player's dad is the football coach at the school they are moving from and he remained the head football coach at prior school. Player played at school with better basketball team. They went undefeated and won the state. Player just played that 1 year and scholarship to Div I school. Family moved back to original home the next year. Happened in Tenn. about 4-5 yrs ago. Within the rules - yes. Is it fair?  It's the rules. I will agree that beating the crap out of someone can come back and bite you. I have seen that also, where pretty good teams have beat some teams worse than CPA did and then get a very tough draw in the state and lost their 1st game. Oh and if you "really" want to see some "movement" go to Rutherford County and the "movement" amongst the publics - within the rules of course. You play the games by the rules and you form your team by the rules.     

I mean no disrepect to any school i am going to "mention" with the scores of their games. Your team played the game and the score is the score...

where is this outrage spewed towards CPA, against these teams that "ran up" the score during these games against a team that was clearly out manned.

31-73 Willaim Blount won by 42

53-98 Wartburg won by 43

35-78 Knoxville Ambassodors won by 43

33-77 Harriman won by 44

25-76 Heritage won by 51

41-84 South Greene won by 43

28-80 Grace Christian won by 52

out of 15 games played, 7 have been over 40 point loses.