Mairvul Footbawl 2014

STARSNBARS

Spring has Sprung and we have two days under our belts with spring practice. Can't wait till the season starts. I can just smell those Chick-Fil-A's right now.

I think you like Chick-Fil-A as much as I do. You should try our spicy chicken sandwiches we serve every other Tuesday on The Ridge. Some people think they're better than Wendys! :hungry:

Rough article for the program in today's paper. I was surprised with the headline of the article and its length given the circumstances. Similar arrest on back in the paper in the public records of another domestic violence arrest. I doubt anyone noticed it. IMO - I didn't think it was appropriate to single out this young man because he was once a high school football star - regardless of the school. Not saying he shouldn't have been arrested but ....c'mon man.

Stars - maybe your services will now need to include supplying cigarettes? :oops:

Rough article for the program in today's paper. I was surprised with the headline of the article and its length given the circumstances. Similar arrest on back in the paper in the public records of another domestic violence arrest. I doubt anyone noticed it. IMO - I didn't think it was appropriate to single out this young man because he was once a high school football star - regardless of the school. Not saying he shouldn't have been arrested but ....c'mon man.

Stars - maybe your services will now need to include supplying cigarettes? :oops:

Yore rite sx......Tha Mairvul Missprint iz neadin' two cell yisterdee's knews awfull baid....Eye thaink thay shood chainge thair naim two tha See-Moore Missprint lookin' att thair sports seckshun....

A cupple noats on cigga-reats....

a. When'st me, APB, and Danny Ray wint two Allin-Wick tha teechers and jannyturs supplied tham......

2. Momma when'st she wuz yunger used two rassle her littull bruvver Tiny minny times ovur candee cigga-reats..... :hungry:

Edited by STARSNBARS

It was a slow news day so the Daily Times and WBIR figured out hey let's ruin some High School Kids life by showing him what a barrel full of ink and a viewing audience that covers most of East Tennessee can do to someone that's run by idiots. Haven't we all got into a fight with one of our siblings before but who ever thought it would make the news. From what I heard the older brother dropped the charges so let's hear that story but I bet you we won't. Considering this channel used to have a woman do the weather lite up like Cootie Brown and let's not forget when Steve Phillips did the sports and took another job and Chris Buden went to Fox the young black sports announcer by the first name of Terry all the sudden disappeared and all new faces were on board the next week. Could someone at WBIR explain what happened there, I would like to know. As for the Daily Misprint I don't even have to say a thing, Jay Leno made a career out of your articles on Headlines.

Those who know me know this hits close to home for me.  I'd like to discipline the young man AND the decision maker at the Times.  In 2000, the times got it wrong on a couple of kids regarding the counterfeit situation AND they NEVER corrected it.  Should he have been arrested? I do not queston it.  Come on TImes! Just treat the young man like everyone else!

Edited by OldRebel2

I agree that this whole situation is messed up and the newspaper shouldnt have published that article. Having said that... You cant really be surprised that this happened. He is a a stud athlete and high profile people are always going to make the news. Good or bad. Thats just the way it is. Hopefully he has learned his lesson and this wont affect his scholarship.