Mairvul Footbawl 2014

STARSNBARS

A couple of boys have had some great performances in the Nike and Rivals Camps. Jaylen Burgess finished with a SPARQ rating of 118.44 which landed him in 17th place nationally. That is amazing, considering he is going up against 4*-5* athletes. Richie Koons performed extremely well at an open Nike event and earned an invitation to the Atlanta  SPARQ camp. The Atlanta camp had over 20+ rated defensive lineman in the SE. Richie showed great strength and agility in the 1 on 1 competition and beat Dallas Warmack a 4* OL committed to Alabama both times he faced him. Another note, some of the boys are making big gains in the weight room compliments of Coach Waters. I've heard several boys have benched 350+ and squatted 500+ along with some impressive 40 times. Watch out for Ethan Dudley, T.D Blackman, Matt Young, Bryce Miller and Tyler Vaught.

Another note, some of the boys are making big gains in the weight room compliments of Coach Waters. I've heard several boys have benched 350+ and squatted 500+ along with some impressive 40 times.

......We haiv sean a lott ov Coach Waters reesults....Ewe cain't evur jist set down on yore lorrulls.....Gotta keap on werkin..... :popcorneater:

I had always heard what a great job murvil did in the weight room. But until I saw it with my own eyes, I never really believed. I gotta believe the competition is helping to create those results.

My concern regarding QB position is three of them will not be in spring practice because they play baseball. I understand that some kid has transferred here from another school that plays QB but don't know anything other than that. Sure would be nice to have them all there for spring practice. I'm sure there will be one or two get put at new positions due to the large number that are playing that position.

The 3 QB's you are talking about playing baseball are on the JV team. The JV season ends Monday April 28, spring practice begins Wed April 23. Hopefully these players will be able to attend 6 or 7 spring practices.

I agree the number of QB's will be cut down by a couple changing positions. Next season by class you will have > 1 Senior, Vaught > 3 Jr's Cardwell, Pitt, Cunningham> 4 soph Endsley, Headrick, Quigg, and new transfer from Florida.....not enough practice reps to go around with it being quality snaps.

I think GQ will have these players ready to step up. It will be hard to follow Mr. Garrett and Nick Myers. The bar has been set high......I think any growing pains the offense may suffer here can be helped out with the strong Defensive play.

Edited by Fridaynitlites

The 3 QB's you are talking about playing baseball are on the JV team. The JV season ends Monday April 28, spring practice begins Wed April 23. Hopefully these players will be able to attend 6 or 7 spring practices.

I agree the number of QB's will be cut down by a couple changing positions. Next season by class you will have > 1 Senior, Vaught > 3 Jr's Cardwell, Pitt, Cunningham> 4 soph Endsley, Headrick, Quigg, and new transfer from Florida.....not enough practice reps to go around with it being quality snaps.

I think GQ will have these players ready to step up. It will be hard to follow Mr. Garrett and Nick Myers. The bar has been set high......I think any growing pains the offense may suffer here can be helped out with the strong Defensive play.

I know most of those kids and their families and your right that there will be one or two change positions in order to play. Stepping back and not looking at the situation through Red and Black Glasses that there will be a big decline at that position because the kids that played before were just super and eventually the string gets broken and this is when that happens. The team will be okay and other parts will step it up a notch to offset the loss of Garrett. The QB position isn't going to be terrible by any means but don't go looking for an all star performance as we have had in the past few years. There is a lot of pressure on these kids and I sure wouldn't go counting chickens due to hype and make the pressure even greater. There will be a position change or two, someone will just quit,and someone will transfer and that's how it normally goes but until that time happens we will just have to set and wait and hope each gives it their all.