Mt. Juliet Christian Academy

WARBOSS

Webb isn't on the schedule, but is counted as a district loss. MJCA chooses to forfeit to them and schedule another opponent. Quite frankly, I don't blame them, Webb should be playing DII-AA. I also think its a done deal who will take over there.

I have guess as to who next hc will be but he is not close to qualified who do you think it is Vandy fan?

From a win loss standpoint I guess it makes sense to forfeit an obvious loss to try to schedule a winnable game, but what does that tell your kids and if you only lose 3 district games you can't make the playoffs. As I mentioned before Dca FCS and Webb will be 1,2,3 on that side for a while, but giving one away doesn't seem like it sets the right precedent. IMO that is part of what is wrong with the thinking there.

I have guess as to who next hc will be but he is not close to qualified who do you think it is Vandy fan?

From a win loss standpoint I guess it makes sense to forfeit an obvious loss to try to schedule a winnable game, but what does that tell your kids and if you only lose 3 district games you can't make the playoffs. As I mentioned before Dca FCS and Webb will be 1,2,3 on that side for a while, but giving one away doesn't seem like it sets the right precedent. IMO that is part of what is wrong with the thinking there.

I see both sides, though personally I like the message it sends to Webb more than the one it sends to the kids: "schedule someone your own size"

I don't know much about his background before his current position to opine one way or the other, but he is the only coach to ever have success there, in pretty much any sport. I'll at least give him that.

I see both sides, though personally I like the message it sends to Webb more than the one it sends to the kids: "schedule someone your own size"

I don't know much about his background before his current position to opine one way or the other, but he is the only coach to ever have success there, in pretty much any sport. I'll at least give him that.

5-6-and MS success rarely translates to varsity success - back to my lack of experience point.

I hope MJCA does their  do diligence to get a quality HC not just a good guy who is interested in the job.  The last two coaches who were both good people that had maybe 10 years experience between them and neither had even been a coordinator at any level.  If the 8th grade class is the one to turn it all around they and the school deserve the best possible coach the school can get.

Good luck

First let me agree with Bigchief. MJCA should have never let Coach Harrison go, Coach Roberts did a great job with the players he had. I would like to make some comments on bigchief and gotfootball52 post. I too have been around MJCA for many years and have seen many improvements over the past 5 years. They've been able to accomplish this even with out big sponsors like Gaylord or Cracker-Barrel. I know they would welcome business like this to help them grow. They've been able to make these accomplishments with good Godly people that are not afraid of coming together and getting their hands dirty to get something done. Over the past 5 years they've been able to improve on the following:

1- New Bleachers for the football field

2- New sound systems for the football field

3- New soccer field

4- Two new practice fields for football Middle School and High School

5- New football locker rooms

6- New hitting facility

7- New bath rooms and concessions stands for baseball and football being built now.

I was told Coach Roberts left the school for family reasons. I completely understand that and wish him and his family the best as he pursues a new chapter in their life.

Back to you BigCheif, you seem to know alot about other peoples salary and other schools programs. I would like to ask you a question. If MJCA is a school going nowhere in the football program, why did you tour MCJA's hitting facility? Just wondering!!!!

I've seen other post where you reference 5th and 6th grades football success to bring other kids in to play. Let me give you some facts about that. The first team had 10 kids from outside the school and out of the starters 2 kids went to other schools. FCA started its program the same way allowing kids to do the same. I would like to let you know this year that same team with all the kids coming from MJCA went 8-0 in Middle School.

I also notice the comment about MJCA ever beating Webb or FCA. If you been around these teams when do you think FCA will beat Webb?

I have freind with kids in FCA,DCA, and MJCA and have the upmost respect for their program. I hope and pray that MJCA will find the right coach that will be there for a long time. 

I agree with BigChief on somethings the tuition is very affordable. They do have financial assistance, and great Christian base.

I've been to Mount Juliet and Wilson Central on friday night and see alot of kids who never get a chance to see the field. Its nothing about the schools its a numbers thing.

Lot of opinions in this thread.  It's FCS.....Friendship Christian School...not FCA.   

The biggest issue with MJCA is their AD.   Every sport other than men's basketball is a revolving door because of several reasons, the 1st of which is him.  He really believes he does "get it".....and looking around everyone know he doesn't except himself.  They have hired several quality coaches in other sports  who once they get over there, see the light that they have no interest in really being competitive and either leave, or get done wrong (Harrison).   The folks there really don't have a chance to compete, and the best athletes they have there end up leaving and going to FCS, MJ, WC, or DCA because they know their opportunity to compete for something is slim and none if they stay with the Saints.    I've personally known several families that have left MJCA to transfer for one reason or another,and a majority of those is the athletics situation.   

Truth be told, MJCA with the right leadership could capitalize on their location.  As another poster said, there are a lot of kids on Friday nights standing on the sidelines that could help them tremendously.  Also kids walking the halls of other schools that could step right in and play anything they wanted at MJCA.....which is part of the high school experience.  Unfortunately, they have not been able to benefit from this, and will continue to do the same thing over and over again (hiring someone, they stay 2-3 years and are gone for one reason or another).........because they get little support, have ideas that would work, or actually try to make something happen and get shot down.   Also their teacher and coach compensation is very low.  But there is a positive, so are the expectations.  If you take a job there, and can actually compete, you can probably have a lifetime contract.   Except if the AD gets in the way and lets a good man go because he has a young guy lined up.  

Think it would be best if MJCA hired someone from MJ that is connected in the local community that could get a couple of kids to transfer in.  They need players.  In every sport.  There are a lot of good kids out there that could play something and help them, and it could be a win-win.  

You should have kept Harrison, too

Mark Harrison who was on the staff at Montgomery Central and Lebanon?  He is a very polite man with great morals and best of all cares a great deal about kids.  It's a shame that he is no longer teaching or coaching.  He basically ran the off-season weight program at Lebanon during the spring semester of last year.  I believe he is now working as a police officer. 

I apologize . I didn't not start the thread to start any arguments . I have several years of coaching experience and am considering applying for the position and just wanted to learn a little more about it. It seems like things are moving in the right direction and if MJCS could relieve Mt.Juliet. and Wilson Central it would help things. I love the area and would love to relocate to that area . I guess it will be according to what the administration at MJCS is looking for. I noticed Webb wasn't on the schedule which looks very doable . Thanks for all the info !

If you want to coach just to win,it will be a tough job. If you want to coach football players to be the best they can it can be very rewarding. There are obstacles at every job whether it be facilities,admin, or talent. All any coach can do is play the hand dealt, coach the players the best you can with what you have and do not worry about the things you have no control over.

If you want to coach just to win,it will be a tough job. If you want to coach football players to be the best they can it can be very rewarding. There are obstacles at every job whether it be facilities,admin, or talent. All any coach can do is play the hand dealt, coach the players the best you can with what you have and do not worry about the things you have no control over.

Well said and true but sometimes the things you cannot control will inhibit you and ultimately the kids.

AD is the problem.  Looks as if he gonna hire MS coach because he won at MS level.  There again in lies the problem with the AD.  Small vision, poor pitiful us mentality.  With the right changes it could be a competitive athletic school.  Gonna take a different mentality than what is there now.  The right football hire will help if they will look at best possible candidates but will take more than that hire to turn football program around.