How Did Goodpasture Drop to Single A?

bobcatfan300

From what I understand is that Goodpasture played up the last several years in AA and the higher ups wanted to be more competitive in the big sports.  Even with the multiplier they were still slated for A but could have stayed up in AA and chose not to.  The last 2 years they have been awsome, but before they were 9-18 and 9-17 in AA ball.  Its like most teams, you have your up and down years! Several down years and now several up years.  Most programs go through this but there are some that have consistently been good. Football they haven't been the greatest while in AA and even A, I think Trousedale Co. beat them handily both times! Only sports they have been consistently good at are Baseball and Softball and that will continue for the forseeable future!  Anyway, fact of all of this is they will be in single A for several more years so get use to it!   :D  :roflol: Besides what happened to wanting to play the best to see just how good you are!  It brings out the best and worst in people!  I for one miss the competition of playing against teams that everyone say were GREAT, so I could see just how good I really was! Ahhh.....the good ol days!  

From what I understand is that Goodpasture played up the last several years in AA and the higher ups wanted to be more competitive in the big sports.  Even with the multiplier they were still slated for A but could have stayed up in AA and chose not to.  The last 2 years they have been awsome, but before they were 9-18 and 9-17 in AA ball.  Its like most teams, you have your up and down years! Several down years and now several up years.  Most programs go through this but there are some that have consistently been good. Football they haven't been the greatest while in AA and even A, I think Trousedale Co. beat them handily both times! Only sports they have been consistently good at are Baseball and Softball and that will continue for the forseeable future!  Anyway, fact of all of this is they will be in single A for several more years so get use to it!   :D  :roflol: Besides what happened to wanting to play the best to see just how good you are!  It brings out the best and worst in people!  I for one miss the competition of playing against teams that everyone say were GREAT, so I could see just how good I really was! Ahhh.....the good ol days!  

So true...

First of all Goodpasture has been very successful in AA, 4 state championship appearances in AA seems pretty good to me.  The problem isn't competing with tough competition it's competing with schools based on equal footing.  The percentage of students who play sports at a school like Goodpasture and most other privates are much higher than that at your smaller public schools like the ones in A.  I have nothing against private schools what so ever.  When I have kids I would love to be able to afford to send them to a school like that because you are paying for quality whether it is sports or education, BUT when in these sporting events publics and privates should not be competing together in the same class or division.

Two points:

1. I understand the rul of not jumping two classifacations in football. Not saying its fair or right, but I at least understand the rule its self. With that being said, they weren't going to jump two classifacations. THEY WERE ALREADY AA!!! (AAA play-off) I don't care if it was their choice to play up or not. The fact of the matter is that they were already there.

2. It was mentioned earlier that they had 1A enrollment even with the multiplier. That is wrong. According to the enrollment numbers presented by the TSSAA at the time of classifacation changes, Goodpasture has an enrollment (with the multiplier) of 603, which is larger than 22 schools which are AA (AAA play-off.)

But who's keeping count anyways?

This year will be the year that decides the publics and privates need to split... With the likes of Goodpasture, Boyd from the East, CPA, etc. once private schools start dominating things need to change... This hurts small private schools doing it the right way but there is just no other way.... This doesn't happen in AAA... Private schools of that size are nonexistent.... Also how hard would it be to "unenroll" several students when it is time to count and then "reenroll" them later... For schools on the edge a small number of students could make a difference... It may not happen this year, but in the near future the divisions will split.

OK, rant over.

Two points:

1. I understand the rul of not jumping two classifacations in football. Not saying its fair or right, but I at least understand the rule its self. With that being said, they weren't going to jump two classifacations. THEY WERE ALREADY AA!!! (AAA play-off) I don't care if it was their choice to play up or not. The fact of the matter is that they were already there.

2. It was mentioned earlier that they had 1A enrollment even with the multiplier. That is wrong. According to the enrollment numbers presented by the TSSAA at the time of classifacation changes, Goodpasture has an enrollment (with the multiplier) of 603, which is larger than 22 schools which are AA (AAA play-off.)

You are confusing two different things. Goodpasture by enrollment is a single A school in football. With the multiplier added it bumps them to 3A. The rule in place is that the multiplier cannot move a team two classes which from A to 3A is two classes. The fact that they would still have an enrollment big enough for 2A in every other sport DOES NOT MATTER. As I stated earlier, football classification rules EVERYTHING.  They get to play in single A in every other sport simply because of a rule designed for football. This is a TSSAA rule. For it to change, the Board of Control must change it.

Kev35, Goodpasture has won the state in volleyball the last two years in two different classes. I think that qualifies as "successful" also. Football up to the last two years has been very successful. Basketball is where they have stumbled up till the last two-three years.

There are no players on Goodpasture's team from Clarksville. Don't know where that came from.

Two points:

Don't forget you are multiplying their enrollment by 1.8 so they actually have about 335 kids or somewhere in that range.  The multiplier doesn't mean they have 603 kids.