Mitchell VS GoodPasture

MrTSSAA

I think the blind draw is the best for a number of reason:

1.  There will be a lot of "run-up-the-score" during the regular season to impress the panel that seeds.

2. There wil be a ton of campaigning by coaches and administrators to get a high seed.

3.  There will be a bunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnch of people that "know" they got it wrong and our team is at least a 3 instead of a 7.  The 2 and 3 seed will ###### that they are the no 1.

4.  Who is going to do the seeding??  Sports writers??  Coaches??  Administrators??   TSSAA staff??

You hit it on the head when you said eliminate the silver ball.  That ends all the discussion because you have to beat the best eventually to get the gold whether it is the first or championship round

• Upvote 1

Championship game could be in he first round...if Goodpasture is as good as advertised.

I agree.  I think the winner of this game wins the next 2 by 20+ points.  Mitchell is more athletic.  Goodpasture has better shooters.  Both teams likes the pressure defense and turn the other team over.  It's the same old thing when you have 2 good teams playing each other.  The winner will be the team that takes care of the basketball.

Blind draw is best because no one has time to watch every team play at least ten times and that's what it would take to make a good pairing.

I agree with you skydogg25, no matter what could be changed there would be no guarantee that the best two even made the tourney, much less play in the title game. Back in the mid ninety's Scotts Hill's girls played Bradford to the wire in consecutive seasons in sub state...Bradford then went on to blow everyone out at Murfreesboro to take the gold ball home. I am convinced that those Lady Lion teams were at least top four, and never sniffed the floor at state. I like the silver ball too, whomever earns it has two wins over teams that played their way there, doesn't matter if the consensus says they're second or not, they've proved that they deserve it. They say that nobody remembers who finished second, but I'll bet the kids that carry that silver one home never forget.

Edited by tradertwo

For all you West Tn fans I will say this about Goodpasture. They will be the best Class A team you have played all year long. I have watched a lot of basketball in my time and they are legit. They are guard oriented, very fundamentally sound and can shoot lights out. I hope Mitchell wins this game but I believe GP will win. Either way this game is your championship game.

For all you West Tn fans I will say this about Goodpasture. They will be the best Class A team you have played all year long. I have watched a lot of basketball in my time and they are legit. They are guard oriented, very fundamentally sound and can shoot lights out. I hope Mitchell wins this game but I believe GP will win. Either way this game is your championship game.

UC SPORTS FAN, you said the same thing about Jackson County and Clarkrange girls and that UC couldn't beat any of them because they played a weak schedule. LOL.I have to see it to believe it.I think Mitchell will be too quick and athletic for Goodpasture.The only way this game stays close will be because of the horrible officials.

Goodpasture is a very good basketball team who does shoot the ball very well, they're not a team with a lot of size. I've watched them play a few times this year and they are pretty athletic themselves. If Goodpasture comes out hot then I have a hard time believing that Goodpasture loses. But from what I've seen out of that gym is that teams that live by the 3 have a hard time winning in Murfreesboro.

From the small bit of knowledge I have, it always seems to me that Memphis teams have a hard time playing against a fundamentally sound team. I would imagine that Goodpasture is very fundamentally sound, so if they are decently athletic as well I'll choose them to win this game.

Mitchell is going to beat Goodpasture by 10 plus..no disrespect to them but they don't play the schedules that Memphis Mitchell has played. Mitchell is battle tested, if the best team you have played is Brentwood, Mitchell has played that caliber team at least 7 or 8 times this year, Hamilton twice, CPA and a few more. Mitchell guard play and D will be too much for them. It might get ugly really.

From the small bit of knowledge I have, it always seems to me that Memphis teams have a hard time playing against a fundamentally sound team. I would imagine that Goodpasture is very fundamentally sound, so if they are decently athletic as well I'll choose them to win this game.

The quality of coaching on the two Memphis teams doesn't compare to those BTW teams in the last four or five years GURU, Mitchell has been well coached for some time now and Booker T has a new coach that knows his business. They still play pressure basketball on offense and defense, but they now have structure and a game plan. It's possible that a team like PC had in '11 (that beat Lake Co. in the semi's) could slow them down and somewhat frustrate them, but I don't see a team in the tourney that compare's to that teams basketball IQ. I also think that this year's version of Memphis's best would be much better at adapting to and overcoming a precision offense. I'm a fan of teams who play with their heads ( I picked LC over BTW, and PC over LC that year), and I have no doubt that Goodpasture is talented as well as sound...I just don't think that the middle and eastern teams have been on the floor with teams of this caliber yet.